Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Downloading and Setting (Read 473 times) previous topic - next topic

Downloading and Setting

I first posted this question in General Audio yesterday, not realising this section existed, and being a new member, I'd better say hello to everyone
I am certainly no computer expert and I am having problems downloading Components and putting them in to the Foobar App
I have downloaded Foobar2000 and installed it, but I have tried to follow instructions and videos on the net, but it is not working for me and I am hoping someone would kindly help me out:
I am away from home and do not know anyone who can help me out, so I will ask some questions

I have downloaded 5 of the components list onto my computer, and I have double clicked on each download after pressing install on the Foobar Preferences-Components page, but they do not suddenly appear on the page as on a video I watched:  I am getting a window come up Save, Save As and I am then lost  :'(
I will tell you that this has all come about by Windows 10 update, before everything was working fine, I have now had to re-install windows from scratch and start again, 2 out of every three Windows downloads stops me playing  my system due to drivers changing and being removed:  I only use a mini fanless pc, controlled by a 7" touch screen and play my music from a external hd
I would also like to know, if and what drivers I should install, when I finally get this problem sorted
I apologise for not going through the archives, my head is done in after 2 weeks of trying to do something with computers which I know nothing about, and watched more videos and read threads than is good for you

Thanks