Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [suggestion] OGG chapters support ? (Read 3750 times) previous topic - next topic

[suggestion] OGG chapters support ?

Well, I'm (always) trying to optimize my "rip for sharing" (here in Italy it's now legal to share "degraded or low resolution" music for "scientific or educational use, and only when such use is not for profit") Vorbis settings: --resample 32000  --downmix -q0 using aoTuVb5.5, actually; inputs are EAC-ripped FLAC/CUE CD images (1 audio file per disc).

My problem is to put "anything" into the OGG container: no problem for audio, of course, and i found the solution for the cover art (AudioShell) but not for songs starting points (the CUE timing descriptions). So i thinked about OGG chapters (usually used for a/v rips) that can be used for this purpose. BTW i noticed that fb2k (an not only it) just ignore them...

Here's the questions:
1. do you think it's a good idea to use chapters ? do you know any alternative ?
2. do you plan to support them into foobar in the future ?
3. do you know any tool that converts CUE into OGG chapters ? (the contrary of Chap2Cue, essentially) ?

Thanks in advice !

Marco Ravich

Reply #1
Do you have a sample of an ogg chart? How does it looks like?

Reply #2
using matroska container?

or converting FLAC/CUE image to separate OGGs and then using this method?

[edit] I blindly followed last poster, and didn't noticed OP date  lol

Reply #3
Ups! I didn't notice the year too. Sorry.