Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "recommended encoders/settings" sticky (Read 5361 times) previous topic - next topic

"recommended encoders/settings" sticky

It would be real nice if the AAC section had a sticky thread with the recommended encoders, settings & misc. software like the rest of the lossy codecs discussed on HA, it could contain updated info from the wiki, links to rarewares and official pages, et cetera

I, for one, would find it very helpful, and new users might too.
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #1
It would be real nice if the AAC section had a sticky thread with the recommended encoders, settings & misc. software like the rest of the lossy codecs discussed on HA, it could contain updated info from the wiki, links to rarewares and official pages, et cetera

I, for one, would find it very helpful, and new users might too.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321910"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

People are waiting for the release of Nero AACenc 3.0 to test it against Apple AAC VBR. Then, we'll have enough resources to decide on what should be recommended to newbies.

Reply #2
roberto - i think he is meaning per encoder, a la

faac
nero
itunes
etc

(i have no clue, other than to know faac quality >150 is passable)

later

Reply #3

faac
nero
itunes
etc

later
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322095"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ahh, I see.

I thought he meant ONE recommended encoder, and then the settings for this encoder.

Reply #4

faac
nero
itunes
etc

later
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322095"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

xmixahlx got the idea, recommended settings for various encoders.

Reply #6
In that case, we have this:

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...implementations
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322195"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, i had already read that.

But adding that stuff plus extra info, links, etc. Would make the forum a little more complete, IMO

Reply #7
FhG's aac encoder has not been tested yet.

Reply #8
FhG's aac encoder has not been tested yet.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322248"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So?, All i'm saying is having something like the recommended mp3 settings sticky on the  AAC section would be useful, so what if FhG's encoder hasn't been tested, we can't stall the creation of a good, public-accessible source of information because we're waiting for info like that, just mention that because it is untested HA can't confidently recommend settings for it, and move on. When FhG's encoder is sufficiently tested the sticky can be updated, no problem.

Reply #9
for faac are there any recommneded strings?

im using q100 for my portable uses (ipod)
& q150 for pc usage