Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FooNight FooDay (Read 160755 times) previous topic - next topic

FooNight FooDay

Reply #125
Small (final) update:

- Fixed the issue with delayed cover display
- Since you should always use the latest components I removed them from the pack.

Needed components:
foo_exvar.dll link
foo_ui_columns.dll
foo_uie_biography.dll
foo_uie_elplaylist.dll
foo_uie_library_tree.dll
foo_uie_lyrics.dll
foo_uie_panel_splitter.dll
foo_uie_quicksearch.dll
foo_uie_textbox.dll link
foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum.dll
foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod.dll

A good list for components:
link

And where can I find this update?

DA..... http://qwasio.deviantart.com/art/FooNight-v1-1c-121835729

1.1c

FooNight FooDay

Reply #126
I am kind of new to Foobar2000, and especially skinning it, so I find the settings menu very confusing, so many options. I have this little problem that I always have to right-click somewhere in the view, go Sort > preset default, or it won't sort the tracks in the right order - the track numbers get mixed. I don't know how to make it use this "preset default" sort setting by default.

Very grateful for any help - thanks in advance!

FooNight FooDay

Reply #127
Thanks and great work!!!

FooNight FooDay

Reply #128
First off, thanks very much for this awesome setup! This finally got me to change from older, buggier ones using panels ui and specific versions of old foobar/components. Its nice to be up to date!

Next, I've got the same issue as Gås: every time music is displayed, files are all over the place. I constantly need to right click and sort by default preset. I've poked around in the settings for ELPLaylist, but as far as I can tell it SHOULD be doing this be default? Have I missed a setting?

Here's a pic of what's going on:
(not inlined due to hugeness)
http://imgur.com/Yt8SR.jpg

FooNight FooDay

Reply #129
First off, thanks very much for this awesome setup! This finally got me to change from older, buggier ones using panels ui and specific versions of old foobar/components. Its nice to be up to date!

Next, I've got the same issue as Gås: every time music is displayed, files are all over the place. I constantly need to right click and sort by default preset. I've poked around in the settings for ELPLaylist, but as far as I can tell it SHOULD be doing this be default? Have I missed a setting?

I solved half the problem; going Ctrl+P > General > Sort Incoming Files By

and changing it from %path_sort% to %ALBUM ARTIST% - %DATE% - %ALBUM% - %DISCNUMBER% - %TRACKNUMBER% - %TITLE%

at least when you sort the files under the "Al" button they will show up properly. They will still be weird under the "Fil" category though.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #130
Filter and Library Tree have the same options.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #131

I solved half the problem; going Ctrl+P > General > Sort Incoming Files By

and changing it from %path_sort% to %ALBUM ARTIST% - %DATE% - %ALBUM% - %DISCNUMBER% - %TRACKNUMBER% - %TITLE%

at least when you sort the files under the "Al" button they will show up properly. They will still be weird under the "Fil" category though.

Didn't solve the songs under 'Al' for me. That input seems to be just the sorting for newly added files to the library, not adding files from the library to the playlist? I could be wrong though.

I can't figure out where ELPlaylist picks up its default sort values from. The tracks that are out of order seem to be in no particular order at all (ie. everything is right in a certain album 1..2..3...4..5.., but track 4 appears at the top of it all, or just track 2 or something). The tags, file locations etc are all right, I've checked and rechecked.

Confused.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #132

Ahhhhh...

Now I get it.

In the library view ('Al'), right click on the headers (ie. 'Artist' or 'Album') and paste the same string that ELPlaylist uses as a default sort into the 'Sort format when sending the selected tracks to the target playlist' field:
%album artist% - $if($not(%album%),,%date%) - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%

Solved it for me!

FooNight FooDay

Reply #133

Ahhhhh...

Now I get it.

In the library view ('Al'), right click on the headers (ie. 'Artist' or 'Album') and paste the same string that ELPlaylist uses as a default sort into the 'Sort format when sending the selected tracks to the target playlist' field:
%album artist% - $if($not(%album%),,%date%) - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%

Solved it for me!

Even after pasting that string under [Right click on Artist group under 'Al'] > Edit View > Sort Format, it won't sort if correctly under 'Fil'...

FooNight FooDay

Reply #134
Hi qwertz,

First of all, apologies for my english just in case there is some misunderstanding next! I discovered Foobar a few months ago and was totally pleased with your theme that satisfies both aesthetics and useful information (brilliant the folder structure search, lyrics and artist information ... just brilliant, love it! 

I decided to remove toolbars as the skin looks a lot better without to my opinion. However, it makes access to Preferences a bit harder. So far I have to right click on the Lyrics window to access it through "Settings". May I ask you what I need to do to add a "Preferences" access button on your skin?

Thanks a lot in advance and again congrats for your nice work.
Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Ron in Martinik

FooNight FooDay

Reply #135
Hi qwertz,

First of all, apologies for my english just in case there is some misunderstanding next! I discovered Foobar a few months ago and was totally pleased with your theme that satisfies both aesthetics and useful information (brilliant the folder structure search, lyrics and artist information ... just brilliant, love it! 

I decided to remove toolbars as the skin looks a lot better without to my opinion. However, it makes access to Preferences a bit harder. So far I have to right click on the Lyrics window to access it through "Settings". May I ask you what I need to do to add a "Preferences" access button on your skin?

Thanks a lot in advance and again congrats for your nice work.
Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Ron in Martinik

You can access Preferences through pressing Ctrl+P on the keyboard.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #136
Thanks a lot Gâs, that will do the job without the button!

You can access Preferences through pressing Ctrl+P on the keyboard.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #137
I registered only to answer that thread. I like your UI as much.
It's almost perfect, it only miss a button (or whatever) to switch playing order (aka random/shuffle by artist/album/etc), or maybe I didn't see it (the icon with only 3 choice isn't enough! At least for me :/).

Thanks for your job.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #138
hi

thank you for that great config

i have two questions
1.) can i make the Album arts in the ELPlaylist  bigger?
2.) i cant see the icons under Utils/links what can i do?

thank you for your help

FooNight FooDay

Reply #139
1) Right click on the Playlist -> Settings -> Field Definition and change the values for:
__ART.SIZE__
__ART.SIZE.HEADER__
2) See Post #75

FooNight FooDay

Reply #140
thank you for your help second isn't working for me. The Icons didn't appear and when i click them nothing happen..

FooNight FooDay

Reply #141
Great config, I just have one question... is there any way I can make the buttons for Al, Fil, Lyr, etc. a little bit bigger to fit more text in them? I'd like to change them for my own purposes, if possible.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #142
Hey everyone, I' ve got a little question for you : has somebody had the same problem than  me which is not being able to add columns to the Playlist view???
When I go to preferences --> Display --> columns UI -- > Playlist View , I tick the box where it's written "Show Column" in Rating. But nothing happens. I tried to change width size, position... nothing makes it appear.
Through different scripts, I saw that the Rating column is present but it just does not appear the player?
Do I have to proceed to another manipulation first ? For information the rating system works I mean I can give stars to my favourite songs...

Thanks a lot in advance
See you all

FooNight FooDay

Reply #143
Hi,
First of all, Fantastic config!

Questions:
1. Same as FouduFoo, How to add another column in playlist view? for example file path (and then some horizontal scrool bar, which can be enabled/disbled with the button at the same time as the vertical one, would be useful)
2. Genre doesn't fit. How to fix this?

FooNight FooDay

Reply #144
For the scroolbar just click on the icon besides the musicnote icon. The other one NpI (ni p... idea)

FooNight FooDay

Reply #145
For the scroolbar just click on the icon besides the musicnote icon. The other one NpI (ni p... idea)

Yeah I know that, I want the horizontal scroolbar, after i add a filepath column. But i don't know how to add this column so... ;D

FooNight FooDay

Reply #146
For the Genre check the Properties of the Album

FooNight FooDay

Reply #147
@Reith Right click on the toolbar -> Script and search for
$puts(l.panel.button.x,34)
$puts(l.panel.button.y,19)
and change these values.

@FouduFoo these are options for NG Playlist, foonight uses ELPlaylist, make sure that the images folder is in the foobar2000 directory and that foo_exvar is installed.

@lowca_bazantow: ELPlaylist doesn't have a horizontal scrollbar

FooNight FooDay

Reply #148
Perfect Monsieur!! Thanks a lot, the problem was linked to the Foo_exvar.dll missing... PL column appeared perfectly after installed.
Nice job
Cheers!

@FouduFoo these are options for NG Playlist, foonight uses ELPlaylist, make sure that the images folder is in the foobar2000 directory and that foo_exvar is installed.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #149
Easier to change the foonight colors.

Could you please make a newbie friendly guide?
I'd like a lot to get fooday.