Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1346457 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #3075
But no luck. It's still writing my custom fields, DISCOGS_RELEASE_GENRES &  DISCOGS_STYLES in the example below (with the missing space, i.e. ";" instead of "; " to trigger foobars fields separation for flac/vorbis) as a single string.
The above issue that was affecting flac/vorbis files now seems to be gone.

There's a new bit now though, experienced with the standard ARTIST tag on this with flac/vorbis files:
https://www.discogs.com/release/25570711-Various-Music-Lovers-Club-004
Wheras all multi value artists (single artist values are fine...!), get now written with an extra " " at the end of the last artists name.
So what should be this (on the first track of the above release):
"Altriparty; Hypsidia"
gets written as this on a flac file:
"Altriparty; Hypsidia "
with an extra space at the end - in foobar tag editor syntax. In vorbis multi value fields this then is a multiple single value fields, one with "Altriparty" the other one with the extra space i.e. "Hypsidia "

Turns out the above assumption it's due to multi value artists is not true... this actually affects all discogs ANV Artist that are listed with a ANV Number, i.e. on this release:
https://www.discogs.com/release/24727004-Various-Music-Lovers-Club-003

So also if the only artist on a track, in the above case it's:
Anima (47)  Faber (4) Deer (2) Elixir (48) Secret Act (3) Secret Act (3) Read More
that get written out with an extra space at the end now, so I see
"Anima " 
"Faber "
etc.
Anyone else seeing this ?

Cheers.
c.

Reply #3076
mamma mia...  :o

v1.0.15.1 (fix extra space at artist end)

Reply #3077
mamma mia...  :o

v1.0.15.1 (fix extra space at artist end)

Code: [Select]
Discogs Artist URLS : http://www.sixorgans.com, https://www.instagram.com/6organs , https://twitter.com/6organs , https://soundcloud.com/six-organs , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Organs_Of_Admittance , https://myspace.com/sixorgans
Still have a extra space at the end.

And, at least for me in linux with wine, there is a lot of fields that continous to be writen with commas and not multi value.
Discogs Artist ANV : 6 Organs Of Admittance, 6 Organs of Admittance, Electric Six Organs, Electric Six Organs Of Admittance, Six Organs, The Six Organs Of Admittance
Discogs Artist Aliases : Ben Chasny, Benja Minh

Others like DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS, DISCOGS_CATALOG, DISCOGS_RELEASE_LABELS_NAME are written like multivalue
Layout [Art Layout] - Dan Osborn; Mastered By - Carl Saff; Photography By - Ben Chasny; Sounds [All Sounds] - Ben Chasny; Written-By, Recorded By, Mixed By - Ben Chasny
Discogs Catalog : DRO-007; D.R.O.-007
Discogs Release Labels : Paisley Park; Warner Bros. Records

All of them are in the component multivalue option
ARTIST;ALBUM ARTIST;PRODUCER;COMPOSER;PERFORMER;GENRE;STYLE;DISCOGS_ARTIST_URLS;DISCOGS_STYLE;DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS;DISCOGS_CREDIT_VOCALS;LYRICIST;MIXED BY;VOCALS;DISCOGS_ARTIST_ID;DISCOGS_LABEL_ID;DISCOGS_ARTIST_ALL_NAME_VARIATIONS;DISCOGS_ARTIST_MEMBERS;DISCOGS_ARTISTS;DISCOGS_ALBUM_ARTISTS;WRITER;DISCOGS_CATALOG;DISCOGS_RELEASE_FORMATS_QUANTITY;DISCOGS_TRACK_CREDITS;DISCOGS_GENRE;DISCOGS_ARTIST_ALIASES;DISCOGS_ARTIST_REALNAME;DISCOGS_ARTIST_PROFILE;DISCOGS_RELEASE_LABELS_NAME;DISCOGS_RELEASE_FORMATS_DESCRIPTIONS;VINYLTRACK;DISCOGS_RELEASE_FORMATS_NAME;DISCOGS_RELEASE_FORMATS_TEXT;DISCOGS_ARTIST_INGROUPS;REMIXED BY;CONDUCTOR;DISCOGS_ARTIST_NAME_VARIATIONS;FEATURING;DISCOGS_SERIES;RELEASESERIE;DISCOGS_SERIES_NUMBER;RELEASESERIENUMBER

So far I noted this in
DISCOGS_ARTIST_REALNAME, DISCOGS_ARTIST_MEMBERS, DISCOGS_ARTIST_INGROUPS, DISCOGS_ARTIST_ALIASES, DISCOGS_ARTIST_ALL_NAME_VARIATIOS AND DISCOGS_ARTIST_URLS

The tag mapping

Reply #3078
Also we can add DISCOGS_FORMAT to the list too.
Not sure yet if this is bug or feature... Those cases may diverge a bit from the original scope of the 'Multi-value fields' feature as initially intended. Will check it out asap.
Thanks for reporting

Reply #3079
@paregistrase

I've been running tests related to your post.
Here are some possible solutions. I hope it will be helpful.
There is also a multi-value discussion at the github repo that you are welcome to visit and contribute if you feel like it.

DISCOGS_ARTISTS_URLS
default:
%<<ARTISTS_URLS>>%
multi-value:
$split($flatten(%<<ARTISTS_URLS>>%))

DISCOGS_FORMAT
default:
<default def>
multi-value:
$split($join(<default def>))

Reply #3080
@paregistrase

I've been running tests related to your post.
Here are some possible solutions. I hope it will be helpful.
There is also a multi-value discussion at the github repo that you are welcome to visit and contribute if you feel like it.

DISCOGS_ARTISTS_URLS
default:
%<<ARTISTS_URLS>>%
multi-value:

DISCOGS_FORMAT
default:
<default def>
multi-value:
$split($join(<default def>))

It works for urls and name variation etc. But with DISCOGS_ARTIST_REALNAME=%<ARTISTS_REAL_NAME>% if I change to DISCOGS_ARTIST_REALNAME=$split($flatten(%<ARTISTS_REAL_NAME>%)) I get an error
(FATAL) Error: Error generating tag DISCOGS_ARTIST_REALNAME [Error processing function $split : Corrupted array string: missing start byte] for file file://Z:\mnt\wd\Music\New\Mogwai\2006 - Mr Beast\1.01 - Mogwai - Auto Rock.flac

[ESCAPE to close]
With the default code is not writen as multivalue

Edit:

DISCOGS_ARTIST_REALNAME=$split($join(%<ARTISTS_REAL_NAME>%)) seems to work.

Reply #3082
I've never looked at the source code for this component but assume it uses file_info meta_add / meta_set for writing tags. It could be updated to use pfc::string8(some_value).trim(' ') to make sure no extra spaces are written.

Reply #3083
@alec.tron

I am a bit clueless, have you already checked the tag mapping actions (write, update, ...) ?

@mark2k3

I targeted remove_number_suffix, the meta_write/meta_add_value trim... a different perspective, not better or worse  O:)
could flip a coin, same result  :))

Cheers

Reply #3084
I am a bit clueless, have you already checked the tag mapping actions (write, update, ...) ?
Yup, ARTIST is set to the default syntax:

$joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%)
and set to "write + update", and no other operation happening afterwards.
So it should just be as I get it back from Discogger.

If you use the above discogs release (and tag some dummy files on your end with it), you do not see the same @da yuyu that the ANV artists do have an extra space ?

Cheers.
c.

Reply #3085
It works as expected here (both 32/64bits fb2k v2 beta 24), testing the same release with a dummy FLAC file.
Tested both $joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%) and %<ARTISTS_NAME>%,
with tracks by artists containing suffix brackets.
Not essential, but I am not sure if these are ANVs, which are more like "Name1 (Name2)" or "Name 1 AKA Name 2".

@alec.tron, you could also check in the preview panel stats (Results view):
- Artist tag stats columns 'Skip W/U' and 'Equal' count is 0.
- click to edit the artist value to check if it contains extra spaces.

Maybe also you could try manually deleting those tags before running the test again.

I've changed the v1.0.15.1 status from 'preview' to 'latest release' at Github (as the latest code update is working fine here).
Maybe it is worth downloading and installing the component again to see if it makes any difference?

Reply #3086
Hi, parregistrase

Thanks for your feedback. I've been reviewing again some parts of your post (ANVs and Aliases, and Artist URLs.)

And, at least for me in linux with wine, there is a lot of fields that continous to be writen with commas and not multi value.
Discogs Artist ANV : 6 Organs Of Admittance, 6 Organs of Admittance, Electric Six Organs, Electric Six Organs Of Admittance, Six Organs, The Six Organs Of Admittance
Discogs Artist Aliases : Ben Chasny, Benja Minh

Considering the artist field itself is multi-value, those results look like the correct output. 1 artist, 6 comma separated ANVs and 2 comma separated aliases. You will only see multi-values dealing with multi-artist tracks.

At the end, it all depends on your use case or your preferences, if all comes down to generate one multi-value tag containing all URLs, for all artists in multi-artist tracks, then a solution could be to flatten and split.

DISCOGS_ARTISTS_URLS
default:
%<<ARTISTS_URLS>>%
multi-value:

That's it, I hope this makes sense and clarifies how some values continue to be writen as single values with commas and not multi valued.

Cheers

Reply #3087
You're right. With multivalue artists, the defaults settings write multivalue field comma separated for every artist.

Discogs Artist : Ô Paradis; Nový Svět
Discogs Artist Members : Demian (3), Rosa Solé; Frl. Tost, Jürgen Weber, Raffaele Cerroni, L.L.H., Zaza (7)
Discogs Artist Real Name : Demian Recio; J. Weber, Frl. Tost
Discogs Artist ANV : O Paradis, Ô Paradise; Novy Svet, Novy Svět

Makes sense.

It is better this way. Makes a distinction in multi artists, not possible with all written like multivalue.

I had not thought of that case. But now I think that I will go with your logic too, except the urls, those are more useful to me all multivalue to make entries for the run service component.

Thanks

Reply #3088
@paregistrase, you are welcome, thanks for that feedback.
I am glad it worked, a new version is available, including a feature asked some time ago, the ability to disable DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID writes.

Cheers!

change log and release dowload:

foo_discogger v1.0.16

Reply #3089
With the new version, the tags are reverted to update every time foobar starts, even after changing them.

Also in the match tracks window, reordering the tracks only work the first time. Following tracks didn't move

Reply #3090
@paregistrase

ow... thanks for reporting, I am working on it,
A new version will be available later on .

Reply #3092
All working now.

Can you explain a bit about the new "plain" mode? What are the differences with normal write or benefices....?

Edit:

The tag mapping pop up every time i tried to tag a release

Reply #3093
Will check the tag mapping bug, noted.
About the bit of explanation, I am trying my best here...

The main idea was breaking the rule 'Write or Write/Update the sacred tag', and also, a few other considerations. Would prefer to come back to those, at a later time, as new releases evolve toward v1.0.17.

IMHO, "Write tags" and "Plain write tags" could be seen now (maybe will merge in the future) as alternative running modes.

Write tags: Optimally implies enabling disk cache, fetching (for later tagging) the 3 main Discogs indexes (release, master and artist ID) by means of the Find release dialog. Advantages: cache performance and a fully working Find release dialog to name some. Disadvantages: require cache storage and perhaps writing non-stantadarized tags.

Plain write tags: The artist list, master or versions tree UI controls add little value, the focus is on writing standardized tags, like WWW.

Don´t now how crappy it sounds so far, sincerely... would try to say it in plain english now, no offence intended:

"Plain write tag fulfills a desire to just write, say GENRE, without the obligation to write it in the company of DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID'"
Disadvantages: none, that I can think of now.

I'll try to get more descriptive at some point. My use case has been always 'Write tag' and hardly writing them. I found most value in the cache itself. Nevertheless, the new option has been repetivively requested... so here it is.

Changing subjects, nowadays I am also concerned about lack of info on this mod, hope that this little new feature gets properly defined to start working on the documentation.

If you have further questions, doubts or suggestions just fire up, will be much appreciated!

you are also welcome to visit the repo issues/discussion at the repo...
cheers!

Reply #3094
Could be helpful for people that didn't care about internal discogs specific tags.
I understand that is a work in progress and in the future will be an option to configure different sets of tags for every task?

As a suggestion, I miss the option to download only the art in the context menu. It was very useful when I replace the files for new ones of better quality. Copy tags, download art, delete old folder and done.

Reply #3095
Sorry you had to suffer the results of some of my decisions, it's just that sometimes things get to big to be manageable.
I guess nothing stops you from running that command from zoomorph's foo_discogs. I would need to write some basic network traffic registry first, then I will be happy to have it back again.  :)

Edit: That would be splendid, a full titleformat set for mp3 idv3, and its correspondent dropdown menu.
The basic feature is already there, but you are right, is a work in progress.

Reply #3096
The wound is already healed  :))

Instead of download art, rewrite download the art again and with the release already in place is fast enough with bypass dialog.

But it will be cool to save some clicks.

Reply #3098
Could be helpful for people that didn't care about internal discogs specific tags.
I understand that is a work in progress and in the future will be an option to configure different sets of tags for every task?

I miss also sometimes not being as tied to Discogs specifics and making it easier to pack a minimal set of ID3 tags into my MP3 files. The latest changes surely help perform the specific task, but I can´t say how well they will fit into a well established way of working...

As you mentioned, I start working on new set of tags... give it a try if your're keen on trying something different  :)
Cheers!

The latest release is now available:
- Added a new dropdown menu (ID3 v2.3 tag mapping)
- Two new ID3 default sets

Full change log and release:
foo_discogger v1.0.16.3

Reply #3099
Every version after v1.0.12.2 is broken for me, with the error message "Failed to load DLL: foo_discogger.dll".
Are the later versions not compatible with Windows 7?