Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Class not registered" error when adding files from context menu (Beta) (Read 1056 times) previous topic - next topic

"Class not registered" error when adding files from context menu (Beta)

Hi everyone,

After installing the beta version (beta 21), every time I launched foobar2000 I would get prompted by Windows to allow the file associating executable to run. I had to disable that from the settings.

Now, if I try to queue a file using the context menu in File Explorer, I get a "Class not registered" error.

Is there a way to address this?

Re: "Class not registered" error when adding files from context menu (Beta)

Reply #1
I finally managed to fix this issue.

I opened regedit, went to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, then to the foobar2000 entries like foobar2000.MP3, then to shell\open\command and removed the DelegateExecute entry. Same for shell\enqueue\command. After removing those entries, I finally do not get the error anymore and the command simply works.

Not sure why this was necessary but maybe it's a bug of some sort.