Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 148838 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #550
Thx, I have multiple instances, some with dynamic NTFS linked targets etc., there's always workarounds. You see in my screenshot it's in fact a portable instance. I felt a "disable" option feels natural for fb2k.

Reply #551
For foobar V2 and a future update on 1_6 (since is a really small feature).
Menu entry to start playback from current playlist. Playback/Play from current playlist
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,123659.0.html

Current menus don't allow to do it or depend on other settings which may not be available. A simple entry playing current playlist would solve it (and also simplify control via CMD or keyboard -currently impossible-).

Additionally, or as an alternative, a 'Set focus entry'. i.e. a way to force focus to be set on current selection, for playback purposes.
Edit/Selection/Set focus
Adding to this, a "Play Random Track" option for currently visible playlist (as opposed to currently playing or active playlist) along with the requested "Play" option would be most welcome.

The use case would be selecting a new playlist and telling it to start at a random track, whereas right now you must start playback manually on the playlist before Random will work on it.
Thank you.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #552
Feature request: ability to disable DSP effects in the active chain list (instead of delete/add, having to restore the effect configuration manually).

Reply #553
Make foobar keep playing the random playlist WITHOUT REPETITIONS even when we delete a song that is playing or skip a track.

Right now, the algorithm restarts playing again without taking into account the songs already played, same behaviour if we skip a track.

Case use:  curating a downloaded playlist. (deleting songs I don't like)

Reply #554
Feature Request:  allow user to set/configure maximum boost for ReplayGain.

I have come across some very soft tracks having >10dB boost.

Reply #555
Feature request: allow to display the left / right half of the Album Art image.
The context menu might look like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Displaying only a half of the image may be useful for images like this:

New Advanced Setting for this feature:
Minimal width-to-height ratio of the image for enabling Display Half feature: [1,9]

For images that don't meet the minimal ratio requirements (i. e. for "normal" images) Full Image displaying is forced regardless of the currently selected radio button and the radio buttons are greyed out (or the corresponding menu items are not displayed at all).
Magically yours
Raistlin

Reply #556
Grouping functionality for the playlist manager.

The playlist manager shows all your playlists on a single list. That is not useful, if you have tens of playlists.

Could you please implement a grouping functionality for the playlist manager?

Reply #557

The playlist manager shows all your playlists on a single list. That is not useful, if you have tens of playlists.

I think you should check out regor's Playlist Manager. Available here.

EDIT. Sorry, I'm too slow. Just seen the other thread.

Reply #558

I think you should check out regor's Playlist Manager. Available here.

EDIT. Sorry, I'm too slow. Just seen the other thread.
Anyway it would be great to have more features on the native manager.

I mean that's the reason of my manager  :)) yep, but the more possibilities the better. Many users don't wanna use SMP or want more simple things.

For many, just having folders/grouping on the native manager and a few simple contextual menu actions applicable on batch would be perfection.

Reply #559
Agreed. I'm pretty happy with the Playlist Switcher (I don't know if the one in Columns UI is default or not) as it is, but I could also see myself benefiting from folders.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #560
Is a component but is C) Peter Pawlowski so I will try here. Please move if not fit.

Adding "clean up" to masstagger, a cleanup function or something to deal with duplicates multivalues in a field in an automated way.

Like a plus some function to sort values alphabetically, will be great

Reply #561
Feature request / small deterioration compared to previous versions with native plugins
Get rid of ffmpeg.exe/ffprobe.exe and wrapper and just include support of TTA, SHN, MLP, rtmp:// into included library. That's not much that is offered in wrapper.

What I mean that got worse is that ffmpeg lib decoder (wrapper too) for TAK doesn't show field "Tool" in item properties, so you can see encoder version track was made by.
Previous versions with native TAK decoder had that field. Hope it can be fixed for TAK and other formats that need that field.
Listen to WMRI...

Reply #562
What I mean that got worse is that ffmpeg lib decoder (wrapper too) for TAK doesn't show field "Tool" in item properties, so you can see encoder version track was made by.
Previous versions with native TAK decoder had that field. Hope it can be fixed for TAK and other formats that need that field.
Case has recompiled foo_input_tak in both 32 and 64-bit, and Foobar v2 does display the "Tool" field when using that plugin: https://foobar.hyv.fi/2.0/?view=foo_input_tak

Reply #563
Thanks for info. I will use it.
Listen to WMRI...

Reply #564
Can you add new function for playlist context menu option "Read only"?
Than means - if is checked, you cannot remove positions from this playlist or add new songs.
I have playlist with a few radio stations (like on photo) and sometimes I click song on left panel to play new song and stations on my playlist are disappear (this is annoying).

Reply #565
Hi,

it would be nice to save the converter settings. They wheren't saved by export theme!

Reply #566
Please make icons scalable for 4k displays.

e.g. the possibility to choose the size of icons between 32 and 128 pixels

Reply #567
Please let Foobar remember the devices that are set in the toolbar.

Currently, devices that are not present are displayed as unknown. It would be better if Foobar remembers the device name associated with the icon and displays it even if the device is not currently connected.

Reply #568
Converter - When finished
- Add user defined tag(s)
  [Tagname] [Value, (titleformatting string)]

I was surprised FB2K cannot do that. Automatically stamping the created files. I personally would like to add the used converter tagz string, amongst other things.

Reply #569
I suggest to optimize preferences and components preference locations.
Though the concept has its logic, to me this appears sometimes cluttered - this is personal preference of course.
The belonging of preferences and component is also not ideal.

e.g. foo_preview (just as example, component is awesome, hope grimes gets this right)
X
I know it is mentioned in the list 'Advanced Preferences', but I ask myself why its prefs are not at Playback > dedicated tab. At least I personally wouldn't categorize this as being advanced.

Preferences > Tools > Paylist Tools tab has some prefs of 1/3 tab and additionally advanced preferences (currently of amount 1).

In general we have a mixture of main foobar preferences, component preferences with tab and the tab-free advanced preferences, being more or less advanced.

Some prefs appearance are inconsistent, e.g.
X
line should be a category like 'CD Ripper', well guess so.

I also suggest to require component author and URL at components' about as minimum-info provided - currently it differs as being not standardized.

Reply #570
Can you add date e.g. 2023-03-21 to every release's changelog? Also for beta?
I cannot find this information on webpage and files into release.
Thank for advance.

Reply #571
Feature request: (UI) - Customizable Dark Background Color
- More color customization option for
  * Main Background, window, toolbar, tabs, button, button borders etc.
- Expose or override system background color.
- Option to change that gray border or the divider width or option to change its color.
- An option to hide the bottom status bar.

Reply #572
Request features (order functions).
Please make support:
  • working commands for: only unpause, only pause playback and start play with begin track (/only_play, /only_pause and /start);
  • adding (come) column with (on) right (back-to-back) per clicked column in area header;
  • adding all *.lnk files at draging;
  • password-protected archives;
  • sorting files by shortcuts (with foo_lnk component) and symbolic links with their indications in column.

Reply #573
Plus bitperfect passthrough of bitstream (AC3, DTS, DTSHDMA and others) (without decoding to PCM)?
I second this request.

Reply #574
Easy access to the Converter Setup through a Menu shortcut and a shortcut for Creating a new Preset in the menus.