Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_shizzle (Read 26961 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_shizzle

Reply #51
I got it I got it ! I can "break" your plug in as much as I want 

If I uncheck the "auto-update" box, then type in something and press enter, it doesn't return any result.
After that if I recheck the "auto-update" box, I don't get any result, no matter what I do. I have to restart foobar and it works fine again. Doesn't bother me since I always use the auto-update feature, but that makes the option rather useless ;-)
(still using win2k SP3)

foo_shizzle

Reply #52
What are your other settings?

I can't seem to duplicate that problem.

P.S.  I uploaded a "new " 0.5a hotfix.  The other copy still has a debug note in it, so any time you modify, move, or delete an entry, it will pop up a messagebox with the word "Match" in it. 

foo_shizzle

Reply #53
I still can't get custom keys to work: metasearch2

foo_shizzle

Reply #54
-search all
-Display empty result : Off
-Auto update : On then Off
-Default search : All
-Search Filename when searching "All" : On
-Standard search
-Play on "send to playlist" : On

Display formatting :
$if(%artist%,%artist%,'Unknown Artist') $if(%album%, - %album%,)  :  $if(%title%,%title%,%_filename%)

I'll try to play with it some more. BTW would it be hard to use all the string commands you can use in the playlist, like $char(9) colors etc. ? I mean do you have to do it yourself or can you just grab the one foobar uses ? because I use the database search more than the playlist itself, so it would be cool if it could look a little nicer.

foo_shizzle

Reply #55
I think you guys are just making it up. 

Seriously, though.  I can't duplicate either of those problems. 

It's really hard to figure out bugs that you can't duplicate.

P.S.  No, I don't have to parse those strings myself, or you'd only get %meta-name% options.    However, I would have to mess with the colors myself, so you probably won't be seeing that any time soon.  (I also can't "automatically" do right-aligned numbers.)  I might add colored text in a future version, but that'll be quite a ways in the future, because I'd have to write a pretty big chunk of code to handle that.

foo_shizzle

Reply #56
Jan, can you email me a copy of your database?  Or if you think it's too large, can you post a copy of it online, or send me your AIM name or something?  I'd like to see if I can duplicate the bug with your database.

Also, is that a German "Jan" or an American "Jan"? 

foo_shizzle

Reply #57
You can grab my db (yes it is quite fucked and weird; a total mess) here: database.rar it actually quite small when compressed.

Also, is that a German "Jan" or an American "Jan"? smile.gif

More like an american "Jan" but with a short "a".

foo_shizzle

Reply #58
Search in "Band"
Search for "beatles"
164 found

I was hoping this would shed some light on the bug.

(And damn.  That database really did compress a lot.)

foo_shizzle

Reply #59
How do you get it to search?
I found that if I write "artist" (in  "Search in") fx. it doesn't search. I have to select it from the list.

foo_shizzle

Reply #60
It works if I just type it in and hit enter.  (Actually, if auto-search is on, I don't even hit enter)

foo_shizzle

Reply #61
Uploaded 0.5b.  I hope it'll fix Jan's problem, but I don't really know.  It's apparently an unusual circumstance causing it to fail.  Windows doesn't always send messages quite the way it's supposed to.  (Or at least, it doesn't always behave in the expected manner for each message it sends.)  I already had some "bizarre occurence" code to fix a WinXP bug with that combo box.  Windows does really odd things with combo boxes, apparently.

Let me know if it works (or fails to work).

edit:  If you downloaded it before this edit was posted, download it again. 

foo_shizzle

Reply #62
Error message with latest version:
This application has failed to start because MSVCR70.dll was not found.

foo_shizzle

Reply #64
Without "auto update" enabled it doesn't search at all no matter what I do.
And I still have to select what to search in for it to do anything.
Actually I have to select what to search in as the last step.
If I select "all" and enter "beatles" nothing is found.
I have to select "all" again.

foo_shizzle

Reply #65
Wierd.

I'll look into it some more.  I don't understand it at all.

Did the latest versino change anything at all?  For better or for worse?

foo_shizzle

Reply #66
Wierd.

I'll look into it some more.  I don't understand it at all.

Did the latest versino change anything at all?  For better or for worse?

I'm quite sure I didn't have to select what to search in as last step before; though I still had to select from the list.

foo_shizzle

Reply #68
Now if only you made a version that worked with 0.6beta

foo_shizzle

Reply #69
I have a version compiled that will work with 0.6beta, but I'm going to have to change some thing to make it work properly.  One of the classes I was using is completely worthless to me in 0.6.

foo_shizzle

Reply #70
Still the same here; sorry :-/

foo_shizzle

Reply #71
I'm getting to the point where I hate Microsoft.    They apparently aren't standard between versions of Windows (even closely related ones i.e. 2000/XP).  I'll get around to playing with the code some more later.

Did the new version do anything different?  Did you still have to select the "search in" field last?

foo_shizzle

Reply #72
Yes. I could find no difference between the two versions.

foo_shizzle

Reply #73
I don't understand at all.  I'll try to hack at it some more later.  If I can't get it working, I guess I'll strip it down to a droplist with a "custom" option, and then add another edit box to enter the field(s) in.  But that's a really poor fix.

foo_shizzle

Reply #74

http://gelaed.com/resources/cplusplus/foo_shizzle.zip

New numbering scheme.  Some code changes.  Fixed "standard mode" memory leak.

Jan,  Maybe those bugs are fixed.  I seriously doubt it (I changed things, but I don't know why it's not working for you, so I don't know how to fix it), but at least now you can experience those same bugs with 0.6b.    Let me knowif any of my changes actually made a difference, though.

edit:  If you see any "WINDOWS ERROR" messages, please let me know.    I changed some code to popup useful messages in the case of two things that shouldn't happen at all.

Change Log:
Updated:
  to foobar2000 0.6 SDK
Changed:
  Numbering scheme; The first three numbers are now the minimum
  compatable version of foobar2000.  The last three digits are the
  Meta Search version number for that particular foobar2000 branch. 
Changed:
  Lots of new code restructuring.
Changed:
  Major behavior changes.  The necessary information is gathered every
  single time the search window is opened.  This simplifies the program
  logic.  It also accounts for the loss of some SDK functionality that
  the program was depending on.  Unfortunately this means a short pause
  before the window is displayed (similar in length to the pause while
  the Album List loads).
Fixed:   It's no longer possible to modify Meta Search preferences while the
  search window is open.  This is the simplest way to avoid several
  possible bugs.  This behavior may change in a future release.
Fixed:   memory leak
Misc:   still fighting with the combo boxes