Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 Context Menu Editor (Read 40140 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 Context Menu Editor

Since this functionality is not present in the 0.9 installer I created a small program to appease the users who want to use the context menus.

Updated 04-17-2006
Should fix the problem people were having with foobar becoming the standard action. Thanks galiyosha.

[attachment=2166:attachment]

Reply #1
For lazy people like me much more comfortable than editing the registry manually or with a reg-file, especially if you're moving the foobar2000-folder to another place sometimes.

Thank you very much

//edit: a button "browse for foobar2000.exe" would be very nice.

Reply #2
Thank you. I will check it out. I, however, have already edited the registry manually...

Reply #3
Hi, thanks ZhuGeLiang. I've just got one problem: the new context menu entry 'Play in foobar2000' is now the standard option (the one in bold at the top of the list), and I can't open folders by double clicking them any more! Any folder I double click tries to be played in foobar now. How can I keep the new comands, but set have the 'Open' option back to being standard action when I double click a folder? Appreciate any help...

Reply #4
Since this functionality is not present in the 0.9 installer I created a small program to appease the users who want to use the context menus.

[attachment=2115:attachment]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374251"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks  王葛亮

Reply #5
Thanks for this.

Reply #6
Thanks for this.

this would be great to have, but i wanna know if anyone else is having the same problem opening up folders and having them attempt to play in foobar

Reply #7
this would be great to have, but i wanna know if anyone else is having the same problem opening up folders and having them attempt to play in foobar

What OS/service pack/language are you using? Does using the remove button fix it?

Reply #8
Thank you for coding this for us -- it works perfectly for me so far.

Reply #9
The problem with another action becoming the default one happens (at least on my Windows XP SP2 machine) when the default value of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Shell is either not set or set to any other action (apart from open of course). Initially, it is set to "none". (I mean a string "none", not unset. Totally unintuitive like anything else in the registry...)

So a reg file like the one attached should fix the problem (hopefully):
Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell]
@="none"

ZhuGeLiang, maybe it could be implemented in your utility as an optional fix for people that got things messed up?

Reply #10
I've uploaded a fixed version.

Reply #11
Thanks, this is great.

Reply #12
Which keys in particular this program add to the registry? Does it do anymore?
Is there an uninstaller?

Reply #13
what functionality are you trying to achieve?

This thread is 4 years old.

terry

Reply #14
Trying to achieve an honest and simple "enqueue and play" context menu function I read this thread, which reports an home-made program to fix just the context menu, but it's not so well specified. So I asked which registry keys this program creates/modifies, if it does anymore in the system, and if there's a way to return to the previous system situation (i.e. an uninstaller).

Reply #15
I haven't used this in years but here's how it works...

There are two buttons in the application. The Apply button sets the following keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.play
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.play\command
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.enqueue
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.enqueue\command

The Remove button deletes the following keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.play
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.play\command
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.enqueue
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.enqueue\command

Either button sets the following key value to 'none'.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\

Reply #16
Which keys in particular this program add to the registry? Does it do anymore?
Is there an uninstaller?

Context menu and file associations are now handled in a completely different way by using the "foobar2000 Shell Associations Updater.exe", rather than only the registry.
Since Vista (January 2007 ) , this new, different method is required to open more than 15 files.

elevatorladylevitateme