Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559220 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5125
wow. I've been having a problem for almost a year, and I never thought it could be related to columns UI, but apparently it is.

When I use "send to playlist" commands of both foo_utils or playlist_tree_mod, the tracks are randomly sorted* (only for some albums, but I haven't been able to discover a pattern). I've been looking for the cause all over, blaming it in something I had possibly configured wrong, but just now I switched to the default UI, and guess what, it works.

*(This, of course, doesn't happen with the default "send to playlist..." command, which offers a "sort" checkbox)

So I guess there's some kind of incompatibility there? or maybe and option in columns_ui preferences I'm missing?

I just downloaded the latest version, but it happens with older ones too. (0.3.4.1 was my previous one)

Columns UI

Reply #5126
Well where are you running these commands and having problems?

Columns UI

Reply #5127
Good question, I should have explained

It happens when I send to playlist from a Filter or Browser (foo_browser) panel. It doesn't happen when I select tracks within the playlist (default columns playlist) and send or when I do it from an album list panel.

(And like I said before, it doesnt happen in default UI, when sending from a facets panel, for example)

Columns UI

Reply #5128
Filter panel, I can change it so it's sorted within each node (according to Filter panel sorting settings), yes thanks.

foo_browser is foo_browser's fault I'm afraid.

Columns UI

Reply #5129
yeah, filter panel sorts properly (according to its sorting setting) by itself, but not when "right click>edit other>send to playlis>etc" (or with playlist tree mod). I didn't quite understand you (my english seems better than it really is ), you said you can change that behaviour too? If so, that would be great!

thanks for your fast replies and for this great component. I've been using it for years and never said thanks, so there

edit: oh, and about foo_browser, I just left it behind. I was using it for the sole reason that I could hide the panel headers (weak reason, I know), but just now I've realised filter is a lot more convenient, and the way it can send playing tracks to a "filter results (playback)" playlist, solves forever the issue I always had with breaking the playing playlist while browsing my library. Actually, the reason I was using foo_utils of playlist tree mod was this, to send playing items to a different playlist with a double click, and not break it while browsing. So if you can fix the issue we were talking about, great! (i still use "send to" for other reasons), but if not, a Filter panel has solved my foobar usage by itself

Columns UI

Reply #5130
First, thanks for this great component!

I've got one simple question: is it possible to change the name of the filter's autosend-playlist (just like the album list panel component)? If not, it would be nice to implement this in some future version...

Thanks a lot!

Columns UI

Reply #5131
yeah, filter panel sorts properly (according to its sorting setting) by itself, but not when "right click>edit other>send to playlis>etc" (or with playlist tree mod). I didn't quite understand you (my english seems better than it really is ), you said you can change that behaviour too? If so, that would be great!

thanks for your fast replies and for this great component. I've been using it for years and never said thanks, so there

edit: oh, and about foo_browser, I just left it behind. I was using it for the sole reason that I could hide the panel headers (weak reason, I know), but just now I've realised filter is a lot more convenient, and the way it can send playing tracks to a "filter results (playback)" playlist, solves forever the issue I always had with breaking the playing playlist while browsing my library. Actually, the reason I was using foo_utils of playlist tree mod was this, to send playing items to a different playlist with a double click, and not break it while browsing. So if you can fix the issue we were talking about, great! (i still use "send to" for other reasons), but if not, a Filter panel has solved my foobar usage by itself
Well basically I said I will fix it as much as I can in Filter panel. If you are saying Playlist Tree itself has the same problem, I can't fix that.

I've got one simple question: is it possible to change the name of the filter's autosend-playlist (just like the album list panel component)?

Hi,
At the moment you can't change it I'm afraid.

Columns UI

Reply #5132
Where are the context commands for move up/down the playlists in the playlist switcher gone?
Have you removed them?

Columns UI

Reply #5133
Yes - they were never exactly practical.

You should just drag the playlist (select it first) (or use Ctrl+Shift+Up/Down if you wish to use keyboard).

(I can probably remove the requirement to select first before being able to drag at least for playlist switcher).

Columns UI

Reply #5134
Ah, now i see the point.
Yes its much easier to drag & drop the playlist or cut and paste. Great! Thanks
I only was accustomed to use the "move" commands

Columns UI

Reply #5135
How do I change the text color for different columns in NG Playlist? I lost my settings a while ago and I haven't been able to figure this one out. I searched the Columns UI wiki but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.

Columns UI

Reply #5137
Thanks.

Do you also know if there is a way to get a group index? Like %list_index% except it's reset to 0 after each group.

Columns UI

Reply #5138
Hi mil3s

There is no group index/count at the moment.

Columns UI

Reply #5139
musicmusic, artwork reader somehow truncates couple of pixels from the source edges
here is example in NG playlist (same in artwork view panel) and above it in panel stack splitter:

Columns UI

Reply #5140
ok i've made example cover 200px with 1px colored border edge: red, orange, green and blue
so it seems that it's 1px cut, and artwork width is set to 200px (so, no rescaling)
my libpng is 1.2.34
anyhow just notice the difference with panel stack splitter

Columns UI

Reply #5141
yeah already requested a few times, but I would like to see $tab() working in group-headers... pleeaaaase??
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

Columns UI

Reply #5142
yeah already requested a few times...

i couldn't find anything, can you point where it was discussed?

[edit] or maybe you are talking about your request

Columns UI

Reply #5143
Sry, could be misunderstood... talked about my request as it was already requested, by you for example

I tried to reproduce your problem according to my layout with a 100px file, and got the result that it got resized in the height by 1px, I saw all my borders but it was no longer square (100x99px)
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

Columns UI

Reply #5144
then i also wished to be requested again

i tried with 100px and 200px and true, it resizes by 1px in height in both situations
and then on 150px with 150x150px image it cuts to 148x148
weird

Columns UI

Reply #5145
It has been discussed before, but anyway it's intended due to GDI+ issues. The alternatives are the edges being discoloured or having low quality scaling.

Columns UI

Reply #5146
I seem to have ran into some trouble with the Artwork View:
I have tried setting Displayed Track to "Automatic (current selection/playing item)" and "Automatic (playlist selection/playing item)" but neither is following my current selection.  However, just setting it to "Current Selection" works as expected.  Am I misunderstanding "Automatic (current selection/playing item)" -- I'm interpreting it to be show the artwork for whatever item I have currently selected otherwise show the artwork for my currently playing item.

Also, I was wondering if it is possible to create a list of possible source for artwork?  I typically label the scans as 01.jpg, 02.jpg, 03.jpg, ... is it possible to have it specify a range like "$directory_path(%path%)\Scans\[01-09]"?  If not, I guess the alternative is to enter them manually.

Thanks for this plug-in, my recent transition from the default user interface has been rather smooth.

0.3.6.5 Columns UI
0.9.6.3 foobar2000

EDIT: It might be relevant:
Horizontal Splitter
> Vertical Splitter
> > Artwork View
> > Item Properties
> > History
> Vertical Splitter
> > Playlist tabs
> > > NG Playlist
> > Console

Columns UI

Reply #5147
Columns UI 0.3.6.6 released. See changelog for details.

Main change is a new/updated playlist switcher panel.

I've found a case where natural numeric sorting still does not work: Album list panel. Works fine in Album list, but not in the panel version.

I also posted a [a href='index.php?showtopic=70153']thread[/a] about this...

Columns UI

Reply #5148
I've found a case where natural numeric sorting still does not work: Album list panel. Works fine in Album list, but not in the panel version.
Yes, I haven't relesed a new version of Album List Panel since then. When I do that, it will change there as well. You can use zero-padding (i.e. $num()) until then.

Columns UI

Reply #5149
Yes, I haven't relesed a new version of Album List Panel since then. When I do that, it will change there as well. You can use zero-padding (i.e. $num()) until then.

Okay, thanks!