Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUESheet Creator Component (Read 2052 times) previous topic - next topic

CUESheet Creator Component

Hi

I know there is an old 'foo_cuesheet_creator' component floating around out there that doesn't work especially well with foobar2000 from what i've read, so now im wondering if there is another CUESheet Creator component available or?

Re: CUESheet Creator Component

Reply #1
Anyone?

Reply #2
I assume you're trying to create a CUE sheet from a bunch of tracks in the playlist, is that correct?
Depending on what you need in the CUE - and how automated you want it - given it's just a text file have you tried using something simple like foo_utils?

If you put the following in the foo_utils configuration (File > Preferences > Tools > Text tools), then select a bunch of tracks and right click 'Legacy Commands (unsorted) > Copy Text OR Save Text' will give you a basic CUE sheet.

#Header
REM GENRE "%GENRE%"$crlf()
REM DATE "%DATE%"$crlf()
TITLE "%ALBUM%"$crlf()
PERFORMER "%ALBUM ARTIST%"$crlf()

#Body
FILE "%PATH%"$crlf()
  TRACK %TRACKNUMBER% AUDIO$crlf()
    TITLE "%TITLE%"$crlf()
    PERFORMER "%ARTIST%"$crlf()
    INDEX 01 00:00:00$crlf()

Reply #3
The code was meant as an example as I didn't have access to test it yesterday, so a working version is:
Code: [Select]
#Header
REM GENRE "%GENRE%"$crlf()
REM DATE "%DATE%"$crlf()
TITLE "%ALBUM%"$crlf()
PERFORMER "%ALBUM ARTIST%"$crlf()

#Body
FILE "%PATH%" WAVE$crlf()
  TRACK $num(%LIST_INDEX%,2) AUDIO$crlf()
    TITLE "%TITLE%"$crlf()
    PERFORMER "%ARTIST%"$crlf()
    INDEX 01 00:00:00$crlf()

Reply #4
Hi @SimBum

Thnx a lot for that solution.

The only thing is that the full path is show with the track. Is it possible to change it so that just the track name is shown, ie.
FILE "01 - Sorrow Bearing Tree.flac" WAVE

and not

FILE "Q:\test\01 - Sorrow Bearing Tree.flac" WAVE

Reply #6
Thnx a lot for that solution.
No problem. I wasn't really sure what you were going to do with it (including whether you were going to reference files outside of the current directory) so I included the full path for safety.

If this doesn't do what you're after you can always use CUETools. I use foo_run to spawn an external process called with the path of the file I have selected in foobar:
Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files '('x86')'\CUETools_2.2.0\CUETools.exe" "$directory_path(%_path%)"

Reply #7
@mark2k3
Thnx :)

@SimBun
I've used CUETools for a 'few' years. It's a gr8 tool.
Have a custom portable of it that is use a lot.