Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Turn the VU Meter (Read 14560 times) previous topic - next topic

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #25
I'm already made this VU:
(Just set db in editor it's little messed..)

source and bin

Also try this
This VU change 'background' light depending on the volume: link

Yes, that is kind of what I'm after. But I just realized that VUEditorGUI keeps "smoothing out" my background... Like this:

This Meter is exactly 302x302, and the room I have in foobar is exactly 302x302. So why does this looks so blurred out in foobar? Is it VUEditorGUI that "smooths it down" when exported? I even have No Compression chosen.

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #26
Yes, that is kind of what I'm after. But I just realized that VUEditorGUI keeps "smoothing out" my background... Like this:

This Meter is exactly 302x302, and the room I have in foobar is exactly 302x302. So why does this looks so blurred out in foobar? Is it VUEditorGUI that "smooths it down" when exported? I even have No Compression chosen.

Right click>real size

You also have option to resize image or to keep original from menu. But in foobar panel you must use same size panel for Vu to be as it is..
Or use larger image..
Don't know maybe Vu Editor just smooths image..

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #27
Yes.
Post your .bin when you done

Hi again. I think I'm finished with my skin now if you still want to see it.

But how am I to do to make 2 "different" meters beside each other? I get this message:

I have made 2 different .bin-files and placed them in foo_vis_vumeter. "spunittestt1.bin" and "spunittestt2.bin".

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #28
Any ideas?

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #29
Ok... apparently you must make both L + R exactly the same width, which I didn't have. A shame, since I then can't make the needles more to the left.

Anyway, I think my skin worked out fairly well. Here's how it looks:

I even made an alternative, like this:

The main goal was to make it fit in with my other design, which I think worked out pretty well. The borders and lines worked out excellent, it looks exactly like the spectrogram for example. And to turn the needles upside down was a clear decision, since it other ways looked all to bright. The main issue was the blurry numbers to the left that VUEditorGUI does when exporting, but it doesn't look too bad.

Here's the files:
Default_Upwards.rar

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #30
The main goal was to make it fit in with my other design, which I think worked out pretty well. The borders and lines worked out excellent, it looks exactly like the spectrogram for example. And to turn the needles upside down was a clear decision, since it other ways looked all to bright. The main issue was the blurry numbers to the left that VUEditorGUI does when exporting, but it doesn't look too bad.

Here's the files:
Default_Upwards.rar

Looks realy nice. Thanks for share..

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #31
I changed it a bit today. Since I wasn't too happy about the empty space on the left side, and the blurry numbers, I decided to do different solution.

I instead made two element beside each other. This is how it turned up:

The right element is actually an element from the screen saver plugin. "Photos" or whatever it is called in English is chosen, and it is set to roll only 1 photo: the small image of the numbers. And then left of that is the meter. The main issue here is the small separating line between these two elements, but it doesn't look too bad. A very "ugly" solution, but the visual result is good.

The needles are also a bit more smooth now.

Here is the .bin's.
But bear in mind that these meters are designed to fit in exactly in my design. So for example, this skin should be placed in a cell of the size 278 x 150 px.

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #33
Sure. But it'll take a while.

But I have one more question. How am I supposed to make a meter where left and right don't look the same? Like this VU Meter for example.

I'm already made this VU:
(Just set db in editor it's little messed..)

This VU change 'background' light depending on the volume: link

Well i was delete this, because people was said that is hard to eye, on other site
I think that i don't have this on my comp. anymore. So only to make new one...

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #34
Oh thats pitty...I think Its superb!!

Could u tell me how u made it?

Or perhaps do a new one??

Btw could you answer me this.

1. Let say I want to remod the orginal dbx.bin vu-meter. How do I do that with VUeditor? I have all required files for dbx in a folder but how to get all together and save to .bin file is a mystery for me. Do I need more programs?

I figur I remod colors in photoshop but the rest hmm...

Thanks!

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #35

1. Let say I want to remod the orginal dbx.bin vu-meter. How do I do that with VUeditor? I have all required files for dbx in a folder but how to get all together and save to .bin file is a mystery for me. Do I need more programs?

Thanks!

I figured out how the VUeditor works now but I have Idea to make it like your plz help me

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #36

Thanks!

I figured out how the VUeditor works now but I have Idea to make it like your plz help me

Lol and the rest it was so easy!

Thanks m8

Re: Turn the VU Meter

Reply #37
All these links are to the VU meters mentioned here are dead, can anyone please resupply a working link to any of these?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #39
All these links are to the VU meters mentioned here are dead, can anyone please resupply a working link to any of these?

Posted two weeks ago over here:
https://audio-file.org/foobar2000-vu-meter-skins-gallery/

Or is that not what you are looking for?

The editor itself:
https://files.psylicium.dk/?dir=foo_vis_vumeter

Reply #40
That's my site, so as long as they're listed there, it's all good. Thanks.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)