Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Xiph's Episode 2: _Digital Show & Tell_ is out (Read 40288 times) previous topic - next topic

Xiph's Episode 2: _Digital Show & Tell_ is out

Reply #25
Excellent presentation, tackling miss-conceptions can only be a good thing.

+1 with a bullet. I fought almost every misapprehension covered in a really tough house. A very elegant handling of real issues.

Reply #26
I have a strange issue with the gtk-bounce program from the video - on (k)ubuntu 12.10, spectrum and waveform work just fine, but if I scroll into the gtk-bounce panel, the cursor disappears. Anyone seen that behaviour?

Reply #27
I have a strange issue with the gtk-bounce program from the video - on (k)ubuntu 12.10, spectrum and waveform work just fine, but if I scroll into the gtk-bounce panel, the cursor disappears. Anyone seen that behaviour?

It disappears on purpose-- it was intended to be a touch app in the demo.  If you want to keep the mouse cursor, comment out the calls to 'hide_mouse()' in gtk-bounce-widget.c

Reply #28
It disappears on purpose-- it was intended to be a touch app in the demo.  If you want to keep the mouse cursor, comment out the calls to 'hide_mouse()' in gtk-bounce-widget.c

Ah! Thanks!

Reply #29
Nothing has changed, the same funny pics like 20 years ago!
http://discover.store.sony.com/High-Resolution-Audio/
We should send the link of Montys video directly to the japanese engineering team in case they still don't know.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #30
I loved this:

"Make believe" encompasses the alleged improvements quite succinctly.
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)