Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [req]Delete song from playlist (Read 3744 times) previous topic - next topic

[req]Delete song from playlist

Hi,

I wanted to request a plugin that does what the title says: delete a song from the active playlist after it's played  ('ala' enqueue). I don't know if it's to complicated or as it's a trivial (not very important/necessary) feature request, a developer could be interested in implementing this.

Thanks people.

Reply #1
 No interest at all...well, ok. 
I thought it will be cool to see songs deleted (not physical delete, just the playlist entry) while shuffling a playlist.

Reply #2
I could use this.

It'd be especially handy if it could be tied to specific playlists, so that my "incoming" playlist clears itself as I listen to music that I've just added.

Reply #3
It'd be especially handy if it could be tied to specific playlists[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258648"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah!

It'll also make me remember my old days with my standalone CD player, while shuffling songs, it deleted the associated tracknumber from the available CD tracks

Let's hope someone will get interested in this 

Reply #4
It'd be especially handy if it could be tied to specific playlists[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258648"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah!

It'll also make me remember my old days with my standalone CD player, while shuffling songs, it deleted the associated tracknumber from the available CD tracks

Let's hope someone will get interested in this 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258665"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just added this as an extension to playlist tree... It doesnt really belong there, but I didnt feel up to doing it as its own extension right now... eventually it will probably be its own dll...

There is a menu option now under Components->Dequeue->Dequeue Last Track that should remove the previous track when the song is done or you skip to another track.  I havent tested in a multi playlist situation to see what happens there (bad things probably)
There used to be a link to my website here.

Reply #5
I just added this as an extension to playlist tree... It doesnt really belong there, but I didnt feel up to doing it as its own extension right now... eventually it will probably be its own dll...[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261575"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks a lot! I'm on holidays so I don't have to much time to write here and test anything, but I will as far as I get home

Reply #6
I thought it will be cool to see songs deleted (not physical delete, just the playlist entry) while shuffling a playlist.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258480"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

why not shuffle or "randomise" the playlist first and then play through it in order rather than using random? then you even get more flexibility (i.e. if you don't want to listen to the next song then you can delete it before it starts) and also you don't keep hearing the same few songs again and again like the random play order seems to do, quite annoyingly. it can even quite pointlessly pick out the same track twice.

Reply #7
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258480"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

why not shuffle or "randomise" the playlist first and then play through it in order rather than using random? then you even get more flexibility (i.e. if you don't want to listen to the next song then you can delete it before it starts) and also you don't keep hearing the same few songs again and again like the random play order seems to do, quite annoyingly. it can even quite pointlessly pick out the same track twice.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261615"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I know that

I just want that to create a temp playlist, play the tracks and auto-delete the just played track from the playlist. I'll test the cwbowron feature in playlist tree as soon as I get home next year