Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fb0.6 + ASIO 0.09 + m-audio rev7.1 = cannot play (Read 5487 times) previous topic - next topic

fb0.6 + ASIO 0.09 + m-audio rev7.1 = cannot play

hi guys.. i've got a problem

pardon me as i'm kind of new to the audio scene..

just installed fb0.6 and ASIO 0.09( http://www.aikis.or.jp/~otachan/foo_output_asio.html )

got this error in the console window after choosing ASIO as my output... i've chose M-Audio Revo ASIO in the device dropdown box in the ASIO settings page...

INFO (foo_output_asio) : open : 44100 Hz, LINEAR_PCM, 16 bits, 2 channels
INFO (foo_output_asio) : ASIO device type [channel 0] : Int32LSB
INFO (foo_output_asio) : ASIO device type [channel 1] : Int32LSB
ERROR (foo_output_asio) : unsupported output data format.

using m-audio rev7.1 (5.10.00.0035 drivers) and winxp sp1 btw...

Reply #1
When did you update the input plugin? They've updated it today or so it seems. Try the new one. 0.09c. It may just be that the old one was compiled for 0.586 and this newer one for 0.6. Hope it works for you...
superdumprob

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

Reply #3
You need to use 24-bit fixed point padded to 32-bit in order to work correctly.

Reply #4

and how do i do that...?   

Reply #5

and how do i do that...?   

Preferences\Playback - box "Output" - configure it there, if there is no option you want, enable show all options.

Reply #6
o thanks it works now!

erm.. any recommendations on wat settings i should use for

thread priority
buffer size
shift output channels

in the ASIO properties..? not that i know what each one does aniwei... 

Reply #7
o thanks it works now!

erm.. any recommendations on wat settings i should use for

thread priority
buffer size
shift output channels

in the ASIO properties..? not that i know what each one does aniwei... 

Default values should be OK.

Reply #8
i can hear some random squeeks when listening to some mp3s with ASIO... no problem with DirectSound though... any suggestions...? 

Reply #9
i can hear some random squeeks when listening to some mp3s with ASIO... no problem with DirectSound though... any suggestions...? 

only some MP3s?
Can't reproduce... perhaps your card's ASIO drivers are the cause.

Reply #10
May I suggest that you use kernel streaming instead?  both of them do the same thing but KS seems to be a little less error prone.
also the x2stereo (aka 'convert stereo to 4 channels') does not function correctly with ASIO.  the front/left channels are mirrored to the center/subwoofer channels instead of the rears.

uhmm.. this is with the Revolution, of course. (latest drivers)
Please press ALT-F4 to improve your view

Reply #11

the squeaking occurs at the start of any simultaneous audio being played and will produce another squeak once the other simultaneous audio starts playing. for example, if you have system sounds turned on when you check e-mail and a sound is played, you should hear two blips, once at the beginning and end of the sound. try going to a webpage w/ flash and audio playing while listening to music w/ fb2k. this seems to be limited to the revo 7.1

i'm assuming since the other person mentioned that it must be particular driver issues that other cards w/ asio driver support don't experience this. i have a revo 7.1 w/ latest drivers, which sounds great but has annoying quirks like these. i really hope this is driver related and can be fixed. try playing an mp3 w/ fb2k using directsound, waveout, maybe asio, pause the file, then go to a site w/ flash and that has audio, or open up a quicktime file for example, you will get a loud and annoying feedback noise. i'm quite shocked that of the reviews of this card, no one mentioned these problems which should be easily reproduced.

kernel streaming does not produce any blips, but it results in all the sound being used solely w/ fb2k and no other simultaneous audio will play. and since i do like to hear some system sounds to notify me of certain things, it's not a viable option, plus the fact i can crash my system easily when using ks as opposed to asio. can any other revo 7.1 users confirm these problems? and if anyone else has a card w/ the envy24ht chipset, aureon for example, reproduce these problems?

Reply #12
guess i will stick with directsound for now...

Reply #13
Funny why only 24-bit fixed point padded to 32-bit (all the padded to 32bit options work) will work now when in ASIO 0.08 it works in 32bit floating point mode for me under fb2k 0.586

Using a M-Audio Delta Dio 2496

Reply #14
old version of ASIO plugin simply converted all formats you passed to it to native hardware format, without any warning messages.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.