Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Crossfeed for 0.6 (Read 4884 times) previous topic - next topic

Crossfeed for 0.6

This post IST DEATH :[

(Never mind, I had checked the page earlier and was viewing the cache)
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Crossfeed for 0.6

Reply #1
It has been updated as of the official FB2K release this morning, check my website here: http://www.naivesoftware.com.

Crossfeed for 0.6

Reply #2
good to hear  as always, thanks for the good work!

Crossfeed for 0.6

Reply #4
Pardon me for asking... but what's crossfeed?

It's for users of headphones... it gives headphones more natural sound.

Crossfeed for 0.6

Reply #5
Just to clarify, it gives that more natural sound by mixing the two channels a bit. 

Crossfeed for 0.6

Reply #6
know how when you're sitting in front of a pair of speakers, how sound from the right speaker reaches both your ears?  But when you wear headphones, if something is in the right channel it is only heard by your right ear?  Well, crossfeed makes it sound more like you're sitting in front of a pair of speakers.  So when that old Hendrix track comes on, one ear doesn't get blasted to death by the drums while the other ear listens to Jimi.  It tries to emulate how the sound from each channel would still make it to the other ear, works fairly well if you ask me, I like it.

Crossfeed for 0.6

Reply #7
I will eventually make this information available on my site, but here is a quick technical overview of exactly what Crossfeed does (this is an edited version of a post I made about a month ago).

My plugin breaks each channel into two separate signals: crossfeed signal and direct signal. Each signal is shaped with a high shelving biquad IIR filter. All frequencies above 700 Hz in the direct signal portion are given a gain of 2.9 dB (slope of 1) to compensate for frequency cancellations. All frequencies above 700 Hz in the crossfeed signal portion are given a gain of -12 dB (slope of 1) to simulate shadowing caused by the head. The crossfeed signal is additionally delayed 270 microseconds.

The right direct signal (scaled by 73%) is then mixed with the left crossfeed signal (scaled by 27%) and vice versa.

All internal processing is done with 64 bit floating-point math. Processing requires 2 channel PCM. All sample rates are supported (I've personally tested 11 khz-48 khz).

Crossfeed for 0.6

Reply #8
Thanks Trelane for clearing up those "blobs in my head" to quote another website
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650