Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with foo_skip and query syntax (Read 1457 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with foo_skip and query syntax

I understand it's possible to skip parts of a track by tagging the audio file appropriately, such as SKIP=0:00:00-0:01:25.

I'm not familiar with query syntax or how I go about tagging the file as such. I'm trying to make sense of this, https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Query_syntax

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Re: Help with foo_skip and query syntax

Reply #1
1. Select the tracks where you want to add SKIP
2. Right-click 'Properties'
3. Select '+ add new'
4. Type 'SKIP' at 'input field name' in the column 'Name'
5. in the column 'Value' type you skip timecode

Just in case: the description of the syntax for the skip tag field can be found at preferences/components right-click on 'Skip Track', select 'About':

Can also skip parts of tracks. Tag field SKIP specifies the timecodes:
SKIP=-<time>   to skip from the beginning to <time>.
SKIP=<time>-   to skip from <time> to the next track.
SKIP=<a>-<b>   to skip from position <a> to later position <b>.
SKIP=-<a>;<b>-   to skip from start to <a> and from <b> to next track.
SKIP=<a>-<b>;<c>-<d>   to skip from <a> to <b> and from <c> to <d>.

Timecodes use format [hh:][mm:]ss[.mmm]

Query syntax not needed for this way of using foo_skip. Query syntax would  be used to skip complete tracks on the basis of a rule defined by the query syntax.
BTW, there is a specific thread for foo_skip at hydrogenaudio, see here.

Reply #2

Thanks for the quick reply, I didn't see this till now. In Skip Track options I have "Skip even manually selected tracks" checked. Skip track query: %rating% IS 1. In file properties I have a <SKIP> field and a value of "SKIP=<00:02:56>-", as I want to skip from 2m56m to the next track. The skip isn't yet working, is there something I'm doing wrong? Thank you very much for your help.

Reply #3
Instead of SKIP=<00:02:56>- or <00:02:56>- I would use just 00:02:56- (or even 2:56-) as the field value in the Skip tag field.

Reply #4
Oh, I tried letting the song play through after it not skipping if I manually select a time in the track. That's great though, thanks a lot!