Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel) (Read 342024 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Spider Monkey Panel

Reply #25
You could add a customProperties field to the metadb and then expose some methods to store and read arbitrary JSON from it. It's kind of ugly and hacky, but since you're abstracting it away from the end-user it'd hide the ugly implementation details and be pretty seamless.

To be clear, I'm not really advocating this approach, but it's doable.

Reply #26
Version: 1.0.1
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.0.1
Changelog
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Detailed description of API changes: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/wiki/API-Changes#v101

Reply #27
Version: 1.0.2
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.0.2
Changelog
Hotfix for v1.0.1 (see changelog above)
    Fixed
    • Fixed regression in ActiveXObject handling.

Reply #28
You said it's fast, but have you done performance benchmarking? What kind of speed increase are you seeing when initializing 10k files in your playlist component?
I've benchmarked playlist script a bit:
Playlist initialization speed is mostly the same. Profiling showed that bad performance of `Array.reverse()` is the main culprit. So it should greatly improve once I remove it.

But!!! I've noticed that CPU usage is halved during playlist scrolling!
- Normal scrolling: ~3.5% SMP vs ~7.5% JSP.
- Erratic scrolling in huge playlist: ~5% SMP vs ~10% JSP.

Another thing that I've noticed is that erratic scrolling in JSP has small hitches, while SMP does not suffer from it. Most likely caused by differences in GC management policy - JScript immediately destroys any resources that are no longer used, no matter how long it takes, while SpiderMonkey has a `budget` - it can spend only as much time in GC as allowed by budget.

Measured same performance increase during scrolling in @WilB 's Library Tree as well.

PS: I have a 6-core CPU and SMP/JSP are single-threaded, so to get a clearer picture results should be multiplied by six. Thus ~21% SMP vs ~45% JSP in normal scrolling and 30% SMP vs 60% JSP in erratic.

Reply #29
I noticed same interrupt of Shpeck visualization for both panels jsplaylist-mod script in JSP and SMP.

Reply #30
I noticed same interrupt of Shpeck visualization for both panels jsplaylist-mod script in JSP and SMP.
What do you mean? Shpeck visualization is a separate component/panel and is not a part of SMP nor jsplaylist-mod :\

Reply #31
What do you mean? Shpeck visualization is a separate component/panel and is not a part of SMP nor jsplaylist-mod :\
Yes, but I mean these separate components (Shpeck and jsplaylist-mod) work at the same time in diferent CUI panels.
When together displaying the panel with Shpek and another panel with jsplaylist-mod, the visualization is displaying with jerks during a file playback.
This behavior of visualization when running jsplaylist-mod as in JSP or as in SMP is the same.
But when activated CUI Playlist view panel (jsplaylist-mod panel is not active), Shpeck visualization is displayed smoothly, without jerks.

Reply #32
When together displaying the panel with Shpek and another panel with jsplaylist-mod, the visualization is displaying with jerks during a file playback.
Can't reproduce: Shpeck visualization(with MilkDrop2) is smooth with both stock CUI playlist and `jsplaylist-mod` script.
Possible cause of hitches you are experiencing: Shpeck is pretty CPU intensive, so, if your CPU is practically used up by Shpeck, then any additional CPU load might cause stuttering.

PS: I've tested `jsplaylist-mod` script a bit, and it does not seem to cause any meaningful CPU load during casual usage. And CPU load is close to nil when idle (i.e. when there is no interaction with playlist panel).

Reply #33
Did you test synchronous work the panels (Shpeck and jsplaylist-mod) during music playback? (triangle cursor of jsplaylist-mod should flashing)
Shpeck (with MilkDrop2) stuttering synchronous with flashing cursor. Shpeck works stable without playback.
Maybe it really depends on my hardware speed. Let's see maybe someone else will report of similar problem.
In any case, thanks for your time!

Reply #34
I have a script to automate the addition of new tracks/albums into my collection. This script calls fb.RunContextCommandWithMetadb function to remove all embedded images and then to Optimize and reduce file sizes - both core functionality. These two operations need to be performed sequentially. This has caused me two problems;
1) Firstly the call to fb.RunContextCommandWithMetadb does not block with means that the only way I can detect completeness is to catch the callback - okay but it would be better if the call could block - maybe optionally.
2) Both calls generate a popup window asking the user to click either close or OK button. Can this request be circumvented in some way?

Reply #35
Those are both built in functionality of foobar. There's nothing Spidermonkey or JScript can do to control those operations once it tells foobar to start them.

Reply #36
Version: 1.0.3
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.0.3
Changelog
Detailed description of API changes: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/wiki/API-Changes#v103

Note: v1.0.0 API changelog was missing description of on_notify_data callback behaviour change. It is rectified now: see wiki or callbacks doc.

Reply #37
@TheQwertiest , thanks for the component

It seems there is an issue with the on_main_menu() function. As soon as I try to trigger one of the menu items, foobar2000 crashes :-(.
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #38
@TheQwertiest , thanks for the component

It seems there is an issue with the on_main_menu() function. As soon as I try to trigger one of the menu items, foobar2000 crashes :-(.
Thanks for the report!
I'll look into it (#25).

Reply #39
@TheQwertiest you're welcome ^^.

I think I may have found another bug  O:) : using Columns UI and the "MainMenuManager All-In-One", as soon as I try to change to another layout --> instant crash...

Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #40
@TheQwertiest you're welcome ^^.

I think I may have found another bug  O:) : using Columns UI and the "MainMenuManager All-In-One", as soon as I try to change to another layout --> instant crash...
Could not reproduce the bug (on the latest build at least). Can you try the latest build?

Reply #41
My bad, I tried with a new portable installation and is fine. I think I may have messed up one of the js files in the "docs".

Anyway, on_main_menu() works fine now. Thanks!
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #42
My bad, I tried with a new portable installation and is fine. I think I may have messed up one of the js files in the "docs".

Bug reproduced: see #29

Reply #43
I have the following code in ratings.txt to set ratings using keyboard shortcuts:
Code: [Select]
// RATING HOTKEYS
function on_main_menu(index) {
switch (index) {
case 1: // set rating File>Spider Monkey Panel>1 is run
panel.metadb.SetRating(panel.tf('$if2(%smp_rating%,0)') == 1 ? 0 : 1);
panel.metadb.RefreshStats();
break;
}
 }

This, and every variation I have tried crashes foobar instantly. Now I'm assuming it's either something with my configuration or my code since I pretty much modified what I had in js_panel, but just in case it's something with spider monkey I thought I'd the thread aware this is happening. (Crash reports and full code attached if needed). Thanks.

Reply #44
I have the following code in ratings.txt to set ratings using keyboard shortcuts:
Code: [Select]
// RATING HOTKEYS
function on_main_menu(index) {
switch (index) {
case 1: // set rating File>Spider Monkey Panel>1 is run
panel.metadb.SetRating(panel.tf('$if2(%smp_rating%,0)') == 1 ? 0 : 1);
panel.metadb.RefreshStats();
break;
}
 }

This, and every variation I have tried crashes foobar instantly. Now I'm assuming it's either something with my configuration or my code since I pretty much modified what I had in js_panel, but just in case it's something with spider monkey I thought I'd the thread aware this is happening. (Crash reports and full code attached if needed). Thanks.
Thanks for the report!
This is a known bug, which will be fixed in v1.0.4, which is expected to be released before the end of the next week.

PS: You can use the `nightly build` from the link in the OP for the time being. It should be noted though, that `nightly build` might be less stable than the `release build` and might have API incompatibilities, which are not documented. So it should be used only if you want to help me by testing it (thus making `release-build` more stable), or if you want to get your bug-fixes as soon as possible by accepting the risk of potential instability.

Reply #45
Ok great. Just making sure. I'll wait a few days for the stable as this is a minor issue for me and everything else seems to be working nicely.

Reply #46
Version: 1.0.4
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.0.4
Changelog
Detailed description of API changes: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/wiki/API-Changes#v104

Note: reset SMP advanced settings for better performance - Preferences>Advanced>Tools>Right-Click on Spider Monkey Panel>Reset Branch.

Huge thanks to @WilB for all the bug reports!

Re: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel)

Reply #48
I'm having problem with displaying buttons with 'track info + seekbar + buttons' config. All I get are these rectangles. Do I need some special font installed for it?

Re: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel)

Reply #49
I'm having problem with displaying buttons with 'track info + seekbar + buttons' config. All I get are these rectangles. Do I need some special font installed for it?
That's because nobody reads `Readme` nowadays...

Quote from: samples/readme.md
- "complete" scripts: 
         Should work fine on any system.
         Most scripts require the installation of FontAwesome (https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/blob/fa-4/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?raw=true)."