Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: General Audio forum vs. General A/V (Read 2808 times) previous topic - next topic

General Audio forum vs. General A/V

What is the "General A/V" forum for?

"general audio AND general video" or "video related audio"?

I wasn't sure where to place a general software audio player question...

Reply #1
"general audio AND general video" or "video related audio"?
neither

A/V = audio+video = movie/film/video/TV...

A/V is just another word for video. The "A/" is only there to point out that "video" originally tranlates to "I see", but videos or movies nowadays not only mean that you can see them but also that you can "hear" something alongside.

So it's video related audio codecs and video related video codecs and video related containers and video related software... hardware... whatever.

Also not the descriptions of the sub-forums: General A/V: Discussion of general A/V topics such as DivX/XviD, AVC (H.264), DVD ripping, VirtualDub, container formats, streaming, and so on. and Movie/Multichannel audio: Discussion dedicated especially to movie and multichannel -audio.

I wasn't sure where to place a general software audio player question...
If it's not foobar2000, then ask in General audio

Reply #2
I see, then it's just a misunderstanding of a not native english speaker... Thanks.