Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: %isplaying% in Item Details (Read 5220 times) previous topic - next topic

%isplaying% in Item Details

I am trying to set up song info in Columns UI's Item Details panel so that when I first open foobar it displays something like (No track selected) then when I select and play a track it shows its info.

I used an if - then statement:

if %isplaying% - show song info, otherwise display the text "no track playing"

The problem with this is that when I select a song it displays its info ok, when I stop it is still displays the text ok but when I FIRST open foobar I get an empty "Item details" panel, without any info on it.  According to how I see it it should check for a playing item if it doesn't then display the text.  Istead, it waits for me to select a song and thus it puts that info on the panel.

Is there a way I can get the text I want incorporated into my code so that the words "no track playing"  will get displayed even though there is no song selected??

Reply #1
Presumably it is in a mixed playing/selection mode. On startup there will be no selection, if nothing is selected and nothing is playing then it will display nothing, as there is nothing to display info for.

So no is the short answer.

Reply #2
Presumably it is in a mixed playing/selection mode. On startup there will be no selection, if nothing is selected and nothing is playing then it will display nothing, as there is nothing to display info for.

So no is the short answer.

Thank you for the reply, and also thank you for ColumnsUI!!!

Reply #3
I just found out the %isplaying% property doesn't actually refer to the currently playing file, as stated in the title formatting reference, but to the currently playing item of the now playing playlist. This means the %isplaying% value of the actually playing file is empty on a  non playing playlist view.
How can I display the is playing info on an active, but not playing playlist?
I'm late

Reply #4
If you mean highlighting every instance of the now playing song in every other playlist that contains it, you can't.

Reply #5
If you mean highlighting every instance of the now playing song in every other playlist that contains it, you can't.

Yes, that's what I meant. Too bad, thanks.
I'm late