Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Identify Songs in File Online (Read 9210 times) previous topic - next topic

Identify Songs in File Online

Is there a plugin in foobar2000 that identifies the song and author of an mp3 file cut in turn from a single mp3 track that contains several different untagged tracks?

I use this online service:

https://www.aha-music.com/identify-songs-music-recognition-online

extremely accurate, but limited to the recognition of 10 traces per day.

This is useful for unique tracks found in services like mixcloud, soundcloud etc.

Re: Identify Songs in File Online

Reply #1
You could try using fpcalc.exe to generate an AcoustID Audio Fingerprint which is then checked against a database;  an easy way to do this is by using MusicBrainz Picard's "Scan" option on the file, which uses its included fpcalc.exe to return any results found from its huge music database.

There is a foo_musicbrainz plugin but I believe it deals only with tagging options.

Re: Identify Songs in File Online

Reply #2
Thank you.

I understood how it worked, even if the result was disappointing out of 5 tracks I only found one.