Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TagScanner 4.9 (Read 125392 times) previous topic - next topic

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #75
Ryo94: iTunes write old version ID3v2.2 tags, TagScanner don't support it.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #76
Thanks a lot for this great program! I tried many taggers and TagScanner is my ONLY choice (already for a couple of years, I think). It's amazing it gets even better with every version! And copying/pasting tags for multiple files is just killing feature!

And now...

Bug?:
- TAG Editor: string "<varies/unchanged>" is not shown (in the fields where it should), especially when ID3v1 tag version is seleted and when using Ctrl+A to select all files. But it always shows up after switching tag versions.

Question:
- Unicode?: Can I somehow enter western characters with accents, umlauts etc.? The font TagScanner uses is cyrillic in my system, so I only get cyrillic letters instead.

Feature requests (growing in difficulty, I think ;-):
1) Shell integration: it would be great to have an ability to open mp3-folders from the shell's context menu.
2) Multiline tags editing: a separate window for editing such multiline tags (COMMENT, LYRICS) would bring much more comfort (maybe with controls to go to the next/previous files).
3) Find & Replace text in tags: let's say, I have a CD with a large number of tracks and I want to fill COMMENT field, which is the same almost for all files except for a few that must have another comments (for example, recording dates). First, I feed all files with one comment, and then I change it for that exceptional files. It's OK, but if made a mistake at the first step or changed my mind, I have to do everything once more, and that can be time consuming. Unless we have Find & Replace feature, of course ;-)

edit: Also I use the preview in TAG processor with resetted fields to have an overview of my tagging done so far. Here is two suggestions how to make it easier:
1) column autoresizing (after double-clicking column's border) and
2) floating tips (or hints? - sorry, I can't remember how to name it right  for fields not fitting the column's width and especially for miltiline COMMENT field.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #77
Hi Tarantul,

This program just gets better and better. Two things though

1) Has the AutoSave of Tags in TAG Editor been removed? If so, why? It takes much longer to edit if I have to press Save for each file.

2) Would it possible to add a column in the TAG Editor which shows whether the TAG contains an image or not? Would make it much easier for me to figure out which files need their tags checking.

Thanks for the great work

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #78
If I'm using the new beta correctly, it appears I have two choices when tagging my music:

1)  Tag with ID3v1 or ID3v2 or APE
2)  Check the "All Tags" option and tag each file with all 3 tags

What if I want to use ID3v1 and ID3v2 but not APE?  Or any other combination of 2 tags?  Do I just perform option #1 above twice, or is there a 1-step solution to this?

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #79
If I'm using the new beta correctly, it appears I have two choices when tagging my music:

What if I want to use ID3v1 and ID3v2 but not APE?  Or any other combination of 2 tags?  Do I just perform option #1 above twice, or is there a 1-step solution to this?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=227596"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

AFAIK, in TAG editor you can only copy ID3v1 -> ID3v2 or ID3v1 -> APE (or to both if 'All tags' checked): just select files and press Save.

With TAG processor you can copy tags (see Task field) in following directions:
ID3v1 -> ID3v2
ID3v2 -> ID3v1
ID3v2 -> APE

...or you can generate them  - it is done for each version of TAG separately, but it's a matter of 2 buttons (select different TAG and press Generate).

Anyway, I agree that two checkboxes for two other tag versions would be better than 'All tags' checkbox.
And maybe tags copying APE -> ID3v2 would be useful for somebody.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #80

AFAIK, in TAG editor you can only copy ID3v1 -> ID3v2 or ID3v1 -> APE (or to both if 'All tags' checked): just select files and press Save.

With TAG processor you can copy tags (see Task field) in following directions:
ID3v1 -> ID3v2
ID3v2 -> ID3v1
ID3v2 -> APE

...or you can generate them  - it is done for each version of TAG separately, but it's a matter of 2 buttons (select different TAG and press Generate).

Anyway, I agree that two checkboxes for two other tag versions would be better than 'All tags' checkbox.
And maybe tags copying APE -> ID3v2 would be useful for somebody.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #81
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']TheRoof trolling attempt split into the RecycleBin.[/span]
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #82
Bug?:
- TAG Editor: string "<varies/unchanged>" is not shown (in the fields where it should), especially when ID3v1 tag version is seleted and when using Ctrl+A to select all files. But it always shows up after switching tag versions.

Question:
- Unicode?: Can I somehow enter western characters with accents, umlauts etc.? The font TagScanner uses is cyrillic in my system, so I only get cyrillic letters instead.

Feature requests (growing in difficulty, I think ;-):
1) Shell integration: it would be great to have an ability to open mp3-folders from the shell's context menu.
2) Multiline tags editing: a separate window for editing such multiline tags (COMMENT, LYRICS) would bring much more comfort (maybe with controls to go to the next/previous files).
3) Find & Replace text in tags: let's say, I have a CD with a large number of tracks and I want to fill COMMENT field, which is the same almost for all files except for a few that must have another comments (for example, recording dates). First, I feed all files with one comment, and then I change it for that exceptional files. It's OK, but if made a mistake at the first step or changed my mind, I have to do everything once more, and that can be time consuming. Unless we have Find & Replace feature, of course ;-)

edit: Also I use the preview in TAG processor with resetted fields to have an overview of my tagging done so far. Here is two suggestions how to make it easier:
1) column autoresizing (after double-clicking column's border) and
2) floating tips (or hints? - sorry, I can't remember how to name it right  for fields not fitting the column's width and especially for miltiline COMMENT field.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=226302"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, CTRL+A not worked in current build.

You can't use Unicode in tags, but you can write accents, umlauts etc. if you setup your system local to needeв language.

1) Maybe.
2) Why? Fileds for Comment and Lyrics already multilined.
3) I want то built in word replacer with various setting, but have no time for this module at this time 

About interface improvements - maybe 

1) Has the AutoSave of Tags in TAG Editor been removed? If so, why? It takes much longer to edit if I have to press Save for each file.

2) Would it possible to add a column in the TAG Editor which shows whether the TAG contains an image or not? Would make it much easier for me to figure out which files need their tags checking.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=226964"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1) Now program can write tags in multiplies files at once and IMHO autosave function no need anymore.

2) Maybe.

In next build coming soon settings for saving, like "As read","All","Auto" etc.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #83
TagScanner 4.9 Beta 4
=====
+ Separate settings for tag reading/saving
+ Processor: now can generate different Tags at once
+ Editor: Fixed bug with incorrect Genre reading
+ Editor: Fixed Ctrl+A processing in filelist
+ Some changes in interface render
+ New installer
=====
http://www.rialnet.ru/~serega/files/tagscan490.zip

This is last beta build before release 

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #84
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=226964"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1) Now program can write tags in multiplies files at once and IMHO autosave function no need anymore.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=228168"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think spib's "AutoSave" of Tags in TAG Editor means...
after click save button, focus must be placed at next file.
There are this function in previous version. New version is uncomfortable at this point.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #85
Bug?:
Somethimes the setting of first combo list in right up corner (ID3v1, ID3v2, APE), are not saving. Once I see ID3v1, twice i see ID3v2, although I set ID3v2.
"Każde ludzkie cierpienie, każdy ból, (...), kryje w sobie, obietnice wyzwolenia, obietnice radości" Jan Paweł II

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #86
Bug?:
Somethimes the setting of first combo list in right up corner (ID3v1, ID3v2, APE), are not saving. Once I see ID3v1, twice i see ID3v2, although I set ID3v2.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=229751"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, program incorrect set ID3v1 and ID3v2 mode. You may use APE mode, read tag mode just set proirity of readed tags.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #87
TagScanner 4.9 RC 1
=====
+ Editor: Returned moving selection to next file after save tag for single file
+ Fix: Incorrect setting of READ tag combo list
+ Delete formats/paths from stored list
+ Now can select interface language during installation
+ Some minor changes
=====

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #88
TagScanner 4.9 RC 1
=====
+ Editor: Returned moving selection to next file after save tag for single file
+ Fix: Incorrect setting of READ tag combo list
+ Delete formats/paths from stored list
+ Now can select interface language during installation
+ Some minor changes
=====
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=230900"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow, thank you very much~!!!
"+Editor:..." function is very useful... 
Thanks for improving the TagScanner.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #89
when using the tag editor for tagging mp3 files, is it possible to add a tag all items tab instead of clicking on [save] X amount of times to tag a whole folder. That would be a cool function let me know if it can be done thanks always phraze. By the way this is the best app for making a list, as well as tagging mass amounts of mp3s, with the exception of clicking save a thousand times to get the whole job done.     

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #90
Is there anyway to do this in TagScanner, the latest beta?

Is there a substitute to %1 or %E that will insert a track number, starting at #1, and increment it for each song.  So you can take a folder full of random mp3 files and make their filenames and track titles something like this
01 - song a
02 - song b

Even better, can i control what number it starts on?

thanx in advnce

-mike

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #91
Is there a possiblity that you could add a quality switch to the music renamer part

By Quality i mean

For mp3
Artist - Title [VBR 238].mp3
or
Artist - Title [CBR 192].mp3

For Mpc
Artist - Title [Extreme].mpc

etc

it makes it easier to organise my music through windows explorer
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #92
here is what seems to be the website:
http://xdev.narod.ru/tagscan_e.htm
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=202477"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi, do you happen to know if I have Tagscan 4.9 build. 7  how to deinstall this version (simply remove?)-there is no deinstallation program? I have asked Sergei but have not received any answer yet, and would like to use the latest version of this pretty nice software.

Crzmn

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #93

Hi, do you happen to know if I have Tagscan 4.9 build. 7  how to deinstall this version (simply remove?)-there is no deinstallation program? I have asked Sergei but have not received any answer yet, and would like to use the latest version of this pretty nice software.

Crzmn
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=235439"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did you try from Add or Remove Programs?

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #94

Crzmn
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=235439"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

TagScanner has it's uninstaller, but it seems that some beta versions had not.
AFAIK it doesn't use the windows registry and resides only in its folder in Program Files.
So if you cannot uninstall it via Start Menu or Add/Remove Programs, you can safely remove TS's folder before installing new version.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #95
Its nice to see so rapid development of my favorite tagger. Many
thanks, Sergey.

There was a very important feature for me all the time. All taggers what i know does not support this. Feature is kind of "Power tag synchronisation". Some files have useful information in their ID3v1, but ID3v2 contains a garbage like "Track 01", "Unknown artist" etc. Some files have tracknumber in ID3v1 but have not it in ID3v2 at all. Some have wrong tracknumber in id3v2 (e.g. 32 or 0) and correct in ID3v1. Some files have info in filename different than in tags.

The solution (the large the number the harder to implement):

#1 in tag editor mark (other color or special symbol) for files in which tag differs considerably (if one of ID3v1 fields is not a subset of corresponding ID3v2 field, or there is less than N equal symbols at the beginning of two fields)

#2Make TagSync mode, which will look for and show only such problematic files and files with names, that do not correspond choosed by user namind scheme(File names often contains more useful infos than tags).

#3=#2+ Using special complex algos for finding the lenght of largest common part of two fields in different tags (www.algolist.manual.ru).

Could you please make something like this?

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #96
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (Tarantul,Jul 22 2004, 06:40 PM)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (spib,Jul 18 2004, 06:56 AM)

hi Tarantul...i think like spib...the AutoSave function is very smooth and great...why autosave no need anymore ? i don't think that....

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #97
bug report-WinXP SP2 - music renamer
%7-%1 - %2-Mgz --> become 01-ayumi hamasaki - M-Joint Stereogz.mp3 
still LAME 3.96.1 --preset extreme -q 0 -V 0 -m s at least until 2005.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #99
Translation system errors/fields that cannot be translated:
1. In Tag Processor it doesn't translate the field "All tracks from only one album in correct order needed" in the white area:

2. In List Maker, Export to - "HTML file", "Excel list" and "CSV text file" is not translateable.

I've made a Norwegian translation and will send it to you shortly.