Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Android, headset button skips and pauses (Read 1050 times) previous topic - next topic

Android, headset button skips and pauses

Hey gang.  This is driving me nuts.  A double click on my headset button is causing Foobar to skip to the next track, but also pause.  I have to wait half a second, then click a third time to play.  It's definitely Foobar because other headphones behave the same, and other music players behave as they should.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Re: Android, headset button skips and pauses

Reply #1
I am also experiencing this. Can't tell from the lack of search results if this is just a non-issue to most, or a specific hardware combo problem.

I did notice, while making a workaround in Tasker[1], that KEYCODE_MEDIA_NEXT is shortly followed by a KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE key event despite only pressing the button twice. KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS does the same. So possibly there is an issue with the logic of the keycode handler.

Foobar2000 1.2.30
Android 12
Samsung headphones with single media key and two volume keys.
See attachment if you want the workaround.