Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme (Read 163631 times) previous topic - next topic

Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Georgia-ReBORN is a modification of Mordred's original Georgia theme for foobar2000.
It's purpose is to be used mainly as a desktop version, the layout has been modified to look clean and simple without any distractions.
The cover artwork and playlist are the main focus.

Georgia-ReBORN has 10 themes in total ( Options -> Change Theme ):

WilB's awesome biography script has been integrated and modified. You can right click on the biography
to change various options. There are 4 different biography layouts to choose from. Top is the default.
There is also an automatic lyric fetcher using the Lyric Show 3 ( by The vern ) and Multisource component ( by veksha ).
Synched lyrics will be highlighted with a theme color, unsynched lyrics have the default white text color:

Georgia-ReBORN supports 4k resolutions and will adjust theme elements based on DPI and screen size. Fullscreen mode is also supported!
There are 6 pre-defined sizes ( Options -> Change Player Size ), 3 for FULL HD and below and 3 for 4K resolution and higher.
These pre-defined sizes are restricted, if you have a monitor capable of 1920 x 1200 and below the first 3 are available,
if you have a monitor capable of 4K resolution and higher the other 3 are available.
You can of course resize foobar to your liking, but it has minimum size restrictions ( Player Size 'Small' ) to prevent button and text overlapping.

There is also a mini compact player ala Winamp ( Options -> Change Layout Mode -> Playlist Mode ).
You can resize the width and height but it also has a minimum width restriction:

**NOTE:** Georgia-ReBORN starts in player size 'Small' as a failsafe player size for small res. monitor/laptop screens
and looks best if you switch to 'Normal' or a bigger player size!

Image Packs

These image packs are optional, they contain record labels and artist logos which will be displayed in 'Details'.
Download Record Labels plus Download Artist Logos Part 1 and Download Artist Logos Part 2.
Extract them to your foobar2000/profile/images

Features

Georgia-ReBORN design

10 different themes

6 pre-definied player sizes

Default and playlist mode

Biography

Automatic 4k detection

Automatic lyric downloader

Automatic scrollbar hide for playlist, library and biography

A more modern library design that matches Georgia-ReBORN

Please visit Mordred's original Georgia theme to learn more: https://github.com/kbuffington/Georgia

Installation Instructions

1. Install foobar2000 as portable from the Official Website.

2. Download the Georgia-ReBORN theme from this Github Page.

3. Extract the profile folder from the zip into foobar's root folder.

4. Install all located fonts from your foobar2000/profile/georgia/fonts folder.

5. Start foobar and select Columns UI, everything else is already pre-configured.

Support

The official discussion thread for this theme is located at Github-Discussions or at HydrogenAudio
and that's a great place to go for questions and other support issues.
If you discover a bug, please open an issue on Github if you can, or visit
Mordred's Georgia HydrogenAudio Thread since most of the code is based from Georgia.

Thanks

Many thanks to Mordred for his original Georgia theme and help!
Many thanks to TheQwertiest for his SpiderMonkey Panel and Playlist!
Many thanks to WilB for his Biography and Library script!
Many thanks to The vern for his Lyric Show 3 component and veksha for Multisource!
Many thanks to zeremy for his automatic lyric save script to work great along with Lyric Show 3!

If you want to support this theme, you can send a donation to Mordred ( author of the original Georgia theme ):

Re: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Reply #1
The Story behind Georgia-ReBORN

Hello Community,

let me introduce myself first, I am a graphic/web designer and have started to discover Mordred's Georgia theme back in 2019.
I liked his theme, but as a designer I wanted to optimize it a little bit further. I wanted to make a theme with a great/clean
non-distracting design so I started back in 2019 with Georgia ver.1.0 to move simple elements ( buttons, bars, layout changes ) to my liking.
After more and more satisfaction, this project became a hobby. I added new features, created new skins, tuned this and that, etc.
After 3 months I have stopped and waited for Mordred to convert his Georgia theme to Spider Monkey Panel.
In this year 2021, Mordred finally made it compatible and I have continued with my project.

I finally added WilB's great biography and modified it to my liking. Now I wanted to make the lyrics fully automatic ( download and display them ).
With the help of zeremy's automatic save code and the Lyric Show 3 component it was successful.
After 4 more months I finished the project. In the end, I created 10 themes and additional features ( see the Features section above ).
I was satisfied and showed it to Mordred. I thought, instead of keeping this theme to myself why not share it with the public?
He really liked it and gave me the green light for a public release, thanks again Mordred!

Georgia-ReBORN was born and the officially website is the Github page:
https://github.com/TT-ReBORN/Georgia-ReBORN

I am excited to share it with you all and hope you are pleased with the end result.

Help Wanted and Some Final Words

I have personally completed this project and I am not planning to add new features. In my opinion it has everything what a
"good" music player defines? Of course Georgia-ReBORN could be further improved but unfortunately I don't have the time.
I would really appreciate it if someone with knowledge in Javascript would like to take over and keep this project alive.
Please PM me and you will get access on the Georgia-ReBORN's Github page. You can also participate in completing this ToDo list,
all help is very much appreciated!

Thank you very much and have fun with Georgia-ReBORN!

- TT

Reply #2
Just wanted to say that TT's questions, testing, poking and prodding has been invaluable in improving the quality of Georgia as a whole. His take/remix on my design is really cool and I love a ton of the design choices he's made here. It feels like a more traditional theme which I think people who don't like some of Georgia's idiosyncrasies will probably enjoy as an alternative.

Awesome work all around!

Reply #3
Great alternative solution ! Well done.
Happy I was able to contribute .

Reply #4
Thanks for the support guys, really appreciated!  8) 

Reply #5
I usually roll with a very plain theme but decided to give this a go and I'm really liking it. Great work!

Also, how would I edit the playlist script (I'm presuming it's Panel_Playlist.js?) to make it display artist names before the title if the release has an album artist tag?

Reply #6
I usually roll with a very plain theme but decided to give this a go and I'm really liking it. Great work!

Also, how would I edit the playlist script (I'm presuming it's Panel_Playlist.js?) to make it display artist names before the title if the release has an album artist tag?

I don't really understand what you mean, the artist name is always shown before the song title over the progressbar in the left corner...

Do you mean in the playlist, i.e 01. song title -> artist name - 01. song title ?
If so, I don't know why you would do that because then the artist name is displayed doubled.
The playlist was designed with a header where the artist and album title are displayed as a headline. Then the associated songs from the album are shown beneath the header as rows...

An example or screenshot would help.

-TT

Reply #7
^ I guess they mean %track artist% in the playlist (for when %album artist% = Various Artists)

(I have not had a chance to check out the theme yet but it looks fantastic!)

Reply #8
Georgia as written in the playlist displays "01. song title" if %album artist% === %artist%. If they differ the playlist shows "01. song title - %album artist%.replace("%artist%", "")". It sounds like what ironicmoustache wants is to swap the order of those.

I'm unsure if TT removed any of the comments in that file, but if he hasn't to do this yourself find the blocks that start
"//---> TITLE init"
and
"//---> TITLE ARTIST init

and swap them. You'd also need to make some changes to the "this.title_artist_text = '  \u25AA  ' + this.title_artist_text;" at the end of the TITLE ARTIST section... basically swapping the order and moving that code into the TITLE block. Should be relatively straightforward though.

Reply #9
Hey guys,

yesterday I have played a bit with Georgia-ReBORN and found the feature 'Show group header' ( which I have never used myself ).
It's located under Options -> Playlist Settings -> Show group header or right click in the playlist and select Appearance -> Show group header.

So when the group header is deactivated, I have modified it a bit to look better sorted and organized via adding the standard tag order: artist - album - tracknumber : song title.
This makes of course sense when no group header is being displayed and you have radio/streaming playlists...

Maybe that's what ironicmoustache was looking for...
You can see the commit here , or try it out for yourself by downloading the master zip and replace it in your foobar root folder.

-TT

Reply #10
Great theme TT !!! Fantastic work but my question is can this theme be run on a standard installation or is it only compatible with a portable installation ?

Reply #11
Great theme TT !!! Fantastic work but my question is can this theme be run on a standard installation or is it only compatible with a portable installation ?

Thanks!

For a standard installation just copy the content ( configuration, georgia, images and user-components )
from the profile folder of the github master zip into the root folder of:
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000

Start foobar2000.exe and select Columns UI.

- TT

Reply #12
Cheers

Reply #13
I just installed Georgia-ReBORN and really like it!

Reply #15
Is there a way to increase the font size in the biography panel ? My eyes aren't what they used to be and the writing is a little small for my liking thanks in advance

Reply #16
Hover mouse cursor over text then ctrl-mouse wheel up.

Reply #18
I've got a question.  Everything was working great, but then I selected  the option to not show the playlist on startup and started having problems when I stopped.  Sometimes it would crash in georgia-main, sometimes in panel_playist and sometimes it would just show a blank panel.  If I displayed the playlist first before stopping, then it worked fine.  I'm not necessarily asking for a fix because I can certainly live with displaying the playlist on startup and then just clicking on Details.  I just thought I'd let you know.  I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one to try selecting that option.  Thank you for this great theme.

Reply #19
I've got a question.  Everything was working great, but then I selected  the option to not show the playlist on startup and started having problems when I stopped.  Sometimes it would crash in georgia-main, sometimes in panel_playist and sometimes it would just show a blank panel.  If I displayed the playlist first before stopping, then it worked fine.  I'm not necessarily asking for a fix because I can certainly live with displaying the playlist on startup and then just clicking on Details.  I just thought I'd let you know.  I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one to try selecting that option.  Thank you for this great theme.

Hi dwmartin0906,

you're actually the first to report this issue =), thanks! I have actually never used this option so I guess this crash got under my radar.
I already fixed it, you can download the master zip from the Github Page and replace your old Control_Button.js with the new one...

-TT

Reply #20
That did it.  Thank you very much.  I do have another question.  I have poor eye sight so I am trying to increase the tooltip font size, particularly in the timeline.  I increased font_size_px in foo_spider_monky_panel.js and g_tooltip.SetFont scaleForDisplay in georgia-main.  It works the first time, but then reverts to the smaller size.  Any ideas?

Reply #21
That did it.  Thank you very much.  I do have another question.  I have poor eye sight so I am trying to increase the tooltip font size, particularly in the timeline.  I increased font_size_px in foo_spider_monky_panel.js and g_tooltip.SetFont scaleForDisplay in georgia-main.  It works the first time, but then reverts to the smaller size.  Any ideas?

You were right on track, however it seems when the tooltip timer is killed it sets to default size ( don't know where the value is defined... maybe in the foobar hardcoded defaults? ).
I fixed it by also adding the tooltip font size on mouse hover.

You can see this commit here and change both values of scaleForDisplay(15) to your liking.

Cheers
-TT

Reply #22
Thank you very much.  I set it to 25 and don't have to squint to see it now,  FYI, Georgia doesn't have this issue.  It's been working fine for years. without the extra line of code you added.  There must be a subtle difference somewhere.  I have Georgia in a DUI panel if that makes any difference.  They're both great themes with their own pros and cons (mostly pros). 

Reply #23
Thank you very much.  I set it to 25 and don't have to squint to see it now,  FYI, Georgia doesn't have this issue.  It's been working fine for years. without the extra line of code you added.  There must be a subtle difference somewhere.  I have Georgia in a DUI panel if that makes any difference.  They're both great themes with their own pros and cons (mostly pros). 

Damn, I found the culprit once you mentioned it is not in Georgia...
Actually the biography script is overwriting the tooltip font size value of georgia-main.js :D.

It's in the biography.js current line 1599:
Code: [Select]
this.create_tooltip = () => tooltip = window.CreateTooltip("Segoe UI", 15 * sBio.scale * ppt.get(" Zoom Tooltip (%)", 100) / 100, 0); this.create_tooltip();

Gonna delete the commit on Github as it is not needed...

-TT

Reply #24
I have yet another question.  With the black and white themes the progress fill matches the primary color, as I expected.  But with all the other themes the progress fill is a preset color.  I've been looking at the code but I can't figure out what's happening.  If I change the color in both georgia-theme and georgia-main it has no effect.  What am I missing?