Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_openlyrics (not my release) (Read 30228 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_openlyrics (not my release)

An open-source lyrics plugin for foobar2000 that includes its own UI panel for displaying and sources for downloading lyrics that are not available locally.
~ https://github.com/jacquesh/foo_openlyrics
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Re: foo_openlyrics (not my release)

Reply #3
Foo_uie_lyrics3 works with radio streams, is there a way to make this component work with streams as well?

Thank you.

Reply #6
Thanks for this - finally trying it out and seems far more resource friendly than lyricsshow.

A couple requests.
-Ability to edit the default display when no lyrics are present?
-Ability to (mouse-wheel) scroll lyrics?

Reply #7
It's definitely better than Lyric Show Panel 3 0.5 which hasn't been updated for 5 years and never seems to have worked for me. Not even any English songs. I wonder if it requires some special configuration that I am not aware of?

Back to OpenLyrics, it's much better and a godsend. But it doesn't seem like NetEase is a good source for any lyrics. Could the source of lyrics be diversified? I was referring to this album Various.Artists.The.Best.Of.Bond....James.Bond. Not all the songs has lyrics. But this is not even a new album. So I am just curious.

Maybe I am just picky. Hopefully this is available on the mobile app version too. I highly appreciate it.

Reply #8
Thank you 2tec for this plugin. It works great!
One easy improvement is to add the BOM (byte order marker) to the saved lyric files. It makes these files more compatible with other software. Thanks!

Reply #9
Another nice addition in the lyric editor would be a second “Synchronise selected line” button that, instead of replacing the current timestamp, rather adds another timestamp to the current line. Many songs have lines that repeat.

Reply #10
One easy improvement is to add the BOM (byte order marker) to the saved lyric files. It makes these files more compatible with other software. Thanks!
Please optional. "Compatibility improvements" are only true in badly coded software within windows ecosystem  ::)

Reply #11
It's definitely better than Lyric Show Panel 3 0.5 which hasn't been updated for 5 years and never seems to have worked for me. Not even any English songs. I wonder if it requires some special configuration that I am not aware of?
https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/o7ua73/lyric_show_panel_3_lyrics_from_genius_musixmatch/

Reply #12
Please optional. "Compatibility improvements" are only true in badly coded software within windows ecosystem  ::)

regor, why do you say that? Is there any situation where the presence of the BOM breaks any compatibility or creates any problem? Not to my knowledge and it’s just a few bytes… Of course it’s for compatibility with other software that can’t be easily updated; not everything is perfect or up‐to‐date in this world… Besides, the old Lyric Show Panel 3 had it, if I’m not mistaken.

Reply #13
Not against adding the feature, but against about it being forced just for the sake of patching windows problems who should be solved at the root. About compatibility... well most things outside windows world don't use BOM at all and have been working without problems since years. There is [windows only] software which has problems with files without BOM the same there is software everywhere which has problems with files with BOM (starting with any unix based SO and software, like Kodi).

From cue files, to playlist files, to all html, php and server related files.... BOM is a nightmare. Just google it, the list of problems by those few bytes is endless. For some users it may not be a problem if we talk about lyrics files, but it's for others as soon as those files are used outside foobar.

A simple switch covers all use-cases. Forcing BOM perpetuates the error.

Reply #14
A bug: if the timestamp marks have only seconds and no fractions of seconds ([1:23] instead of [1:23.45]), then the whole .lrc file is interpreted as text, the timestamps as text as well.
Some of the downloaded .lrc files are encoded this way. The old Lyric Show Panel 3 didn’t mind about this format alteration.

Reply #15
A bug: if the timestamp marks have only seconds and no fractions of seconds ([1:23] instead of [1:23.45]), then the whole .lrc file is interpreted as text, the timestamps as text as well.
Some of the downloaded .lrc files are encoded this way. The old Lyric Show Panel 3 didn’t mind about this format alteration.

Doesn't Right Click on the panel > Auto-edit lyrics > Fix malformed timestamps fix this?
If it does, you can also go on Preferences >Tools > OpenLyrics > Editing and set it to automatically try to fix it when saving lyrics.

Reply #16
https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/o7ua73/lyric_show_panel_3_lyrics_from_genius_musixmatch/

Thanks. So this additional multisource component changes the behavior of the Lyric Show Panel component? Can't the LSP author just update his? Would the multisource component contain sources that Open Lyrics don't tap into? Appreciate it.

Reply #17
Thanks. So this additional multisource component changes the behavior of the Lyric Show Panel component? Can't the LSP author just update his? Would the multisource component contain sources that Open Lyrics don't tap into? Appreciate it.
It adds additional new sources to the Lyric Show Panel and fixed sources for the LSP ones that don't work anymore.  After adding it, put all the "NEW DB:" prefaced ones on the left "search order" list and move out the old ones.  The LSP author hasn't updated his in a long time and may have moved away permanently from this project.

I don't use Open Lyrics because it is not (yet) compatible with radio stream metadata which is 70% of my listening, so I don't know what sources it has, but I doubt if it includes metal-archives for example.

Reply #18
Although I've configured the plugin to autosave synced lyrics to the tag, a LRC file gets created when I play a track. Is this a bug or am I overlooking something? Thanks!

Reply #19

Doesn't Right Click on the panel > Auto-edit lyrics > Fix malformed timestamps fix this?
If it does, you can also go on Preferences >Tools > OpenLyrics > Editing and set it to automatically try to fix it when saving lyrics.

I don’t know what kinds of timestamps are considered malformed, but the function you mentioned doesn’t change the format I described.

Reply #21
Not against adding the feature…
OK, according to Wikipedia, although not necessary for UTF-8, BOM is necessary for UTF-16 to decide the byte order of the file (I reckon it’s better than to implement an algorithm to guess it).
regor, I’ve just noticed the old Lyric Show Panel 3 can’t display UTF-16 content without BOM.

Reply #22
Bug: OpenLyrics 0.9 doesn’t show UTF‐16 content (regardless of its BOM).

Reply #23
Not against adding the feature…
OK, according to Wikipedia, although not necessary for UTF-8, BOM is necessary for UTF-16 to decide the byte order of the file (I reckon it’s better than to implement an algorithm to guess it).
regor, I’ve just noticed the old Lyric Show Panel 3 can’t display UTF-16 content without BOM.
Byte order marks in UTF-16 are a totally different thing which has nothing to do with BOM breaking things in UTF8 outside windows ecosystem.
https://www.unicode.org/faq/utf_bom.html

Anyway I  am not sure that is a "bug", I mean... I would have never expected the plugin to read UTF-16, UTF-16BE or UTF-16LE files. But I have not seen anything about codepages support on the documentation, so who knows.

Reply #24
It adds additional new sources to the Lyric Show Panel and fixed sources for the LSP ones that don't work anymore.  After adding it, put all the "NEW DB:" prefaced ones on the left "search order" list and move out the old ones.  The LSP author hasn't updated his in a long time and may have moved away permanently from this project.

I don't use Open Lyrics because it is not (yet) compatible with radio stream metadata which is 70% of my listening, so I don't know what sources it has, but I doubt if it includes metal-archives for example.

Many thanks for the nuance. I have figured out how to "After adding it, put all the "NEW DB:" prefaced ones on the left "search order" list and move out the old ones." LSP and Open Lyrics have two identical database: QQ Music and Netease. The author is likely Chinese. Appreciate it.

I didn't expect I would need the musixmatch feature, but I am glad that I did try it. It's only MusixMatch that turns up Japanese lyrics for LiSA's theme song for Demon Slayer Mugen Train.