Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack files not recognized by FoorBar  (Read 10321 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: WavPack files not recognized by FoorBar

Reply #25
I find that gimp is a little over kill for this. I tend to use Irfanview for this since it superfast to open and resize and has a great batch mode. only windows though.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #26
If you think that's overkill, how about me remembering I have a license for Affinity Photo and downloading that to do some simple cropping and resizing? That rolls in at about 450MB.

Reply #27
If you think that's overkill, how about me remembering I have a license for Affinity Photo and downloading that to do some simple cropping and resizing? That rolls in at about 450MB.
You call that overkill? This is overkill:

As I have to constantly crop some screenshots to fit them into Google Docs tutorial files for work, I fire up a Windows virtual machine under Linux in order to run Photoshop (emulation on Wine doesn't cut it for newer PS versions)  - just so I can save said screen captures as JPEG files and not heavier-on-memory PNG ones - as it would be the case with Ubuntu's Snapshot utility and because PS's keyboard shortcuts and interface have become much more wired into my mind than any other program's.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #28
Thanks, Mick Dundee.

Reply #29
I find that gimp is a little over kill for this. I tend to use Irfanview for this since it superfast to open and resize and has a great batch mode. only windows though.
For simple image editing I recommend XnViewMP (free for non-commercial use), available for Windows, Linux, and MAC. Its comprehensive batch tool supports multi-threading which makes the conversion of multiple images super fast.

If you require a sophisticated solution check out paint.net (free, optional donation). It is versatile, accurate, very fast, and has a small installation footprint of just ~80 MB. Only available for Windows, though.