Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: exhale - Open Source USAC encoder (Read 111202 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: exhale - Open Source USAC encoder

Reply #975
I asked the FhG mailing address about trademark issues. They didn't bother to actually answer me, and only copied and pasted me the FAQ. You'd think a multi-million billion dollar company could afford to actually field emails properly. I guess all that money goes into suing people.

Reply #976
I asked the FhG mailing address about trademark issues. They didn't bother to actually answer me, and only copied and pasted me the FAQ. You'd think a multi-million billion dollar company could afford to actually field emails properly. I guess all that money goes into suing people.

I tend to work on the expectation that the bigger the company, the less likely they are to reply. I'd also say they are unlikely to reply about any trademark issues as they'd have to get the lawyers involved in every response (I don't know an engineer or manager worth their salt who would carry the risk of advising a third party on trademark stuff).

Good effort for trying though. Maybe a few follow up emails would stir up enough interest to generate some kind of useful response. Maybe give them a business email address to reply to?

Reply #977
Haha. Business email address. How about I just do nothing.

Reply #978
Intel compiles of exhale-V1.1.7.1-f145f63f with BA_MORE_CBR set now at Rarewares.
Hi John,
Can You please keep two versions on Rarewares, normal and MORE_CBR?

I just downloaded greatest and latest exhale 1.1.7.1 and wondered why quality sucked badly. Then I remembered Chris mentioning 1.1.7.1 with MORE_CBR.  Anyway I got normal 1.1.7 build from http://www.rarewares.org/files/aac/

P.S. Have tried exhale on Android 11. Playback via Android default audio player works. :)
Though foobar2000 resists to play them.

Reply #979
@IgorC
U can get the v1.7.1.1 default binaries from HERE

Reply #980

I just downloaded greatest and latest exhale 1.1.7.1 and wondered why quality sucked badly. Then I remembered Chris mentioning 1.1.7.1 with MORE_CBR.
Indeed, and the CBRish mode is experimental and not for general use, as stated behind the macro. I'd actually prefer that, when executables are shared, they are compiled without changes from the GitLab source. To avoid such confusion. (In the past, there may have been some exceptions since people had problems with faulty encodings via foobar2000 conversion e.g., but that should have been sorted out by now).

But keep in mind, very little has changed in exhale's default behavior since version 1.1.7.0, so you can keep using that as well.

P.S. Have tried exhale on Android 11. Playback via Android default audio player works. :)
For clarification, you're talking about foobar2000 on Android, right?

Chris
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.

Reply #981
Intel compiles of exhale-V1.1.7.1-f145f63f with BA_MORE_CBR set now at Rarewares.
Hi John,

I just downloaded greatest and latest exhale 1.1.7.1 and wondered why quality sucked badly. Then I remembered Chris mentioning 1.1.7.1 with MORE_CBR.  Anyway I got normal 1.1.7 build from http://www.rarewares.org/files/aac/

Your wish is my command!  ;D  Two sets of compiles are now available. I hope I have indicated the differences sufficiently clearly.

Reply #982
For clarification, you're talking about foobar2000 on Android, right?

Chris

On Android the "foobar2000 Mobile" app (the one by "Resolute", not Peter P.) lacks the ability to play USAC audio. All it can read is their metadata from the mp4 container. One must therefore use other players for USAC on Android - those relying on system libraries work perfectly fine. :)

Reply #983
Thanks, good to know (I'm not using recent Android versions myself).

I can play a USAC .m4a file in Groove music player... Windows 11 default music player
I can confirm USAC in windows 11 media player. Dev channel.
That's awesome! :) Thanks for checking! My own laptop doesn't pass the Windows 11 compatibility check, so I can't install it myself.

Chris
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.

Reply #984
That's awesome! :) Thanks for checking! My own laptop doesn't pass the Windows 11 compatibility check, so I can't install it myself.

Chris
FYI: Microsoft (!) provides instructions on how to install Win11 on unsupported hardware...
/off-topic

Reply #985
john33, NetRanger,

Thank You for builds.

Chris,
Yes, I meant foobar2000 Android app.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021