Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1346283 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2475
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to derive all of these (when tagging bands/multi-people-entities' releases):
Group - Artist Real Name - Artist Aliases
in a discogs_foo go...

eg. for this release:
https://www.discogs.com/artist/2204038-Owiny-Sigoma-Band

I correctly get:
DISCOGS_ARTISTS_MEMBERS
=
Charles Owoko, Jesse Hackett, Joseph Nyamungu, Louis Hackett, Sam Lewis (2), Tom Skinner

But I would also love to see:
Elmore Judd ; Louis Slipperz;  Hello Skinny
(for the 3 of the bands' members who do have 1 or more 'Aliases' stated on their artist page)
in a discogs_foo field...
Admittedly, that might be too much spiderspaghetti-ing (as it would also need to query the separate artist pages for aliases values...), but might be this is already possible somehow ?

Churs.
c.

Reply #2476
hi
is there a way to download only the album art?
right click ->discosg->update album/artist is gray , can 't use it

thanks

Reply #2477
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to derive all of these (when tagging bands/multi-people-entities' releases):
Group - Artist Real Name - Artist Aliases
in a discogs_foo go...

eg. for this release:
https://www.discogs.com/artist/2204038-Owiny-Sigoma-Band

I correctly get:
DISCOGS_ARTISTS_MEMBERS
=
Charles Owoko, Jesse Hackett, Joseph Nyamungu, Louis Hackett, Sam Lewis (2), Tom Skinner

But I would also love to see:
Elmore Judd ; Louis Slipperz;  Hello Skinny
(for the 3 of the bands' members who do have 1 or more 'Aliases' stated on their artist page)
in a discogs_foo field...
Admittedly, that might be too much spiderspaghetti-ing (as it would also need to query the separate artist pages for aliases values...), but might be this is already possible somehow ?

Churs.
c.
Based on the help file it doesn't look possible at this time.

hi
is there a way to download only the album art?
right click ->discosg->update album/artist is gray , can 't use it

thanks
These features use standard tags for Discogs release_id and artist_id. If those tags are missing the features are disabled. You could download only the album art by writing tags + downloading art and disabling all the tags so no tags are actually written.

Reply #2478

These features use standard tags for Discogs release_id and artist_id. If those tags are missing the features are disabled. You could download only the album art by writing tags + downloading art and disabling all the tags so no tags are actually written.
hi
thank you so much

Reply #2479
.... query the separate artist pages for aliases values...), but might be this is already possible somehow ?
Based on the help file it doesn't look possible at this time.

Thanks alot for double checking & getting back about it!
Guess I'll need to hand edit the info for the artists/releases which are important to me to see the other involved artists' aliases.... I know I already give up on Atom Heart/Atom TM/etc before starting... :D

c.

Parsing error

Reply #2480
Bumped into a parsing error. Couldn't see an (obvious) issue with the data at discogs.

(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 1042699: JSON Parser ExceptionError parsing release credits.

Cheers.

Reply #2481
When fetching album art for more than one release and it gives an error like this, ALL the fetching is stopped.
would it be possible to just continue with the remaining images in the queue, instead of canceling them all, just because one image has an error?

Code: [Select]
(FATAL) Error [release 2862947]: HTTP Error (502)(url: https://api-img.discogs.com/l-7t_nVGwshpmP-jaBRtnUufCM8=/fit-in/200x200/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-2862947-1304522147.jpeg.jpg)
(FATAL) Error: HTTP Error (502)(url: https://api-img.discogs.com/l-7t_nVGwshpmP-jaBRtnUufCM8=/fit-in/200x200/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-2862947-1304522147.jpeg.jpg)

[ESCAPE to close]

Reply #2482
Hi,
 I have a problem.
I have many music files with Album tag being empty. as foo_discogs  need album tag to be correct I can't make use of discogs tagging with these files unless I can map album to title because when I manually search for title in release section of this component  when I choose Write Tag in the menu, I do get the correct release listed.

I tried to figure out how to change the configs but failed.
Any help T_T?

Reply #2483
Trying to get this working again on a new Windows 10 install.

In Step 1 of setting up OAuth, I get this error on the console:

(FATAL) Error: Authorization Failed (401) [Is OAuth working?](url: https://api.discogs.com/oauth/request_token )

That URL seems to open OK for me in Chrome.

Reply #2485
Hi everyone,
from some time, when I use Discogs tagger in foobar  (tagging > Discogs > Write tags..) I have the answer:

(FATAL) Error: Authorization Failed (401) [Is OAuth working?](url: https://api.discogs.com/database/search)

[ESCAPE to close]

I also went in configuration panel, but I did not find a solution for this...
Someone could help me with this issue? Thank you!
How do you solved this problem? The same is happening with me.

Reply #2486
I just started getting

(FATAL) Error: Network exceptionSecurity error (url: https://img.discogs.com/VdDqxxuVoeoESd92V22G4K4Fkyo=/fit-in/150x150/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(40)/discogs-images/R-10821224-1504867991-5988.jpeg.jpg)

when attempting to retrieve release info. I was able to bypass it by unchecking 'Show preview in release dialog' in the artwork options, but it still fails while fetching full artwork as well. Anyone else seeing this now?

Reply #2487
There is a setting in Advanced Preferences, under Networking, where you may whitelist img.discogs.com.

Reply #2488
I've the same trouble.
I tried to whitelist img.discogs.com, but doesn't work....

Reply #2489
Identical issue at my end, as well.

Reply #2490
(FATAL) Error: Network exceptionSecurity error
There is a setting in Advanced Preferences, under Networking, where you may whitelist img.discogs.com.

Same problem here with Windows Vista 64bit. Whitelisting discogs.com did not help. The discogs plugin might use its own HTTP client, in which the global foobar2000 setting would be ineffective. Pasting the URL given into Firefox will display the image, and the certificate is fine, so I don't think this is a certificate problem in the first place. Also the OAuth test in the plugin configuration works fine.

Cheers,
Flexx

Reply #2491
This is the workaround in the components preferences:

Turn OFF  (at the top)
Album art 
Fetch [ ]

(Of course, the preview too as stated above. everything fetching images.)
Fetching the release info still works.

Reply #2492
Maybe a recent system upgrade made some trouble....

Reply #2493
This is the workaround in the components preferences:

Turn OFF  (at the top)
Album art 
Fetch [ ]

(Of course, the preview too as stated above. everything fetching images.)
Fetching the release info still works.
Switching off the get-artwork option was working for me yesterday. Today it's not pulling the release info either.

Reply #2494
Discogs API using OAuth appears to be broken right now.

Reply #2495
Strange... no problems here with foo_discogs 2.13, and I've been tagging things for the last few hours.
c.

Reply #2496
Strange... no problems here with foo_discogs 2.13, and I've been tagging things for the last few hours.
c.

I was still on a previous version.  Haven't tested things out with 2.13 yet, but thanks for the heads up.

Reply #2497

Hi zoomorph, any news on this? still not working for me...  i always get the '(FATAL) Error: Network exceptionSecurity error' message.

Big fan of your plug-in btw, thank you for the effort you put on it. Cheers!

Reply #2498

Hi zoomorph, any news on this? still not working for me...  i always get the '(FATAL) Error: Network exceptionSecurity error' message.

Big fan of your plug-in btw, thank you for the effort you put on it. Cheers!
This is a different error. Discogs seems to have fixed the API problem from last week. This error is probably related to SSL certificates.... I would suggest searching this thread as it's probably been covered before.