Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flac to Ape question (Read 4575 times) previous topic - next topic

Flac to Ape question

Hi all.I have a question about convertion between flac-->ape.

xxx.flac --> FLAC Frontend --> xxx.wav ---> Monkey's ---> xxx.ape (cue files modified manually)

Do "xxx.flac" and "xxx.ape" file have same quality? Does this convertion make any loss?
Thanks.

Flac to Ape question

Reply #1
no loss

Flac to Ape question

Reply #2
There should be no loss of audio quality, but your tags will likely vanish.
If you convert in one operation then the front end program should move the tags over.

Flac to Ape question

Reply #4
Sometimes I have trouble understanding what part of the word "lossless" is unclear for some people. Perhaps it's because large parts of the [digital] audio world is shrouded in such mysticism, that even simple and straightforward terms gain abstruse meanings in the minds of the inexperienced and the uncertain?

Flac to Ape question

Reply #5
Sometimes I have trouble understanding what part of the word "lossless" is unclear for some people.

I think the unclear part is whether it is a marketing buzzword or a truth. A name is not a proof of its own justification.

And, by the way: If you transcode from losslessformat1 to losslessformat2, you actually need the latter to support the same wordlength, sampling frequency and # of channels. There is more to a format than just the ability to compress a given file.

Flac to Ape question

Reply #6
Thank you all!!!