Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Displaying individual tags in the metadata selection property window (Read 7180 times) previous topic - next topic

Displaying individual tags in the metadata selection property window

Hi,
I would like foobar2000 to display additional metadata in the "selection properties" window. It now displays artist, title, etc. but it does not display additional tags that i have put in the file. I put fields "GOOD_FOR_PARTY=yes" oder "GOOD_TO_RELAX=yes" (single values) in the files and I would like to see this info. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Chris

PS: I'm using v0.9.6.1 on WinXP32

Reply #1
not possible. however, you can create a display with custom titleformatting with foo_textdisplay. see foosion's page for this component.

Reply #2
I believe this can be done.

Preferences > Advanced > Display > Properties Dialog

terry

Reply #3
Ah, perfect. It works.

I had already looked in the advanced section but for some reason I must have missed this option.

Thanks!

Reply #5
Damn, I am using textdisplay for this info for some time now... foobar keeps surprising.

Reply #6
not possible.
It is possible.

How so? I just browsed through all 0.9.6.2's preferences in all relevant categories and found nothing.

When 0.9.5 first emerged I assumed all missing metadata info would emerge in the "other" category, but there seems to be nothing there. Ever.

Reply #7
^ Third post in this thread.

Reply #8
...and that's why i felt i had to directly counter Mar2zz.

Editing your post and...
Code: [Select]
[s]striking through[/s]
...misinformation you've posted usually always a good idea.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #10
yep...

did you have a question?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #11
I believe this can be done.

terry

I don't understand.

This is the way to specialize some tags, but you always see every tag of the file.

I believe we got an apples / oranges issue here. This is not about what you see when Right Click > Properties. It is about what shows in a Selection Properties Element that has been permanently inserted into a configuration in the default UI.

terry

Reply #12
yep...

did you have a question?

I think so

I believe we got an apples / oranges issue here. This is not about what you see when Right Click > Properties. It is about what shows in a Selection Properties Element that has been permanently inserted into a configuration in the default UI.

terry

aaaaah, ok.

I actually completely misunderstood the question.

Thank you terry

Reply #13
Ah... I see why you were confused.

...changes what is show in the Properties Dialog (aka right-click->Properties), as well.

Although all the values of all tags will always show up, if there there, only what is listed for the default fields will show up in the properties dialog if say a file has no metadata or some missing.

The Selection Properties Element only shows default fields.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #14
Ah... I see why you were confused.

...changes what is show in the Properties Dialog (aka right-click->Properties), as well.

Although  all the values of all tags will always show up, if there there, only  what is listed for the default fields will show up in the properties  dialog if say a file has no metadata or some missing.

Yup, I learnt this thing about the Standard Fields some weeks ago.

The Selection Properties Element only shows default fields.

That's why I'm reading so much here, I learn new things almost every day.

Re: Displaying individual tags in the metadata selection property window

Reply #15
Hi; not sure if it is solved but here an explanation layman's terms.

Preferences > Advanced > Display > Properties Dialog > Standard Fields

Then you write the field you want to appear on the Metadata field, in my case, Style and Mood.

Artist Name=ARTIST;Track Title=TITLE;Album Title=ALBUM;Date=DATE;Genre=GENRE;Style=STYLE;Mood=ESTADO_DE_ANIMO;Composer=COMPOSER;Performer=PERFORMER;Album Artist=ALBUM ARTIST;Track Number=TRACKNUMBER;Total Tracks=TOTALTRACKS;Disc Number=DISCNUMBER;Total Discs=TOTALDISCS;Comment=COMMENT;

The thing is that you have to write it next to the genre tag in order to appear on the window, or at least it is what I did. In the other hand you will not be able to split values, or again it is what I think. I did not test this feature. Remember to not write spaces between fields.

It is helpful now that I left iTunes and start reorganizing my library with Foobar because I am retaging my music with Rateyourmusic tags so now if I see a wrong tag, due that tags are sometimes personal, I can edit from there, when finished with the retaging I will erase the metadata window.

Hope it helps.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Re: Displaying individual tags in the metadata selection property window

Reply #16
Hi; not sure if it is solved but here an explanation layman's terms.

Preferences > Advanced > Display > Properties Dialog > Standard Fields

Then you write the field you want to appear on the Metadata field, in my case, Style and Mood.

Artist Name=ARTIST;Track Title=TITLE;Album Title=ALBUM;Date=DATE;Genre=GENRE;Style=STYLE;Mood=ESTADO_DE_ANIMO;Composer=COMPOSER;Performer=PERFORMER;Album Artist=ALBUM ARTIST;Track Number=TRACKNUMBER;Total Tracks=TOTALTRACKS;Disc Number=DISCNUMBER;Total Discs=TOTALDISCS;Comment=COMMENT;

The thing is that you have to write it next to the genre tag in order to appear on the window, or at least it is what I did. In the other hand you will not be able to split values, or again it is what I think. I did not test this feature. Remember to not write spaces between fields.

It is helpful now that I left iTunes and start reorganizing my library with Foobar because I am retaging my music with Rateyourmusic tags so now if I see a wrong tag, due that tags are sometimes personal, I can edit from there, when finished with the retaging I will erase the metadata window.

Hope it helps.

With TagBox you will have this feature, super intuitive. With the previous post you will not be able to modify the tags. I have placed where I put the Metadata window so basically you will have it as the picture above.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.