Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: f2k crashing when I play audio cds (Read 1103 times) previous topic - next topic

f2k crashing when I play audio cds

Bother.

I'm running two parallel (and identical) installations of f2k v0.8.3. It's under XP, latest SP and up-to-date. It's righting to a text file which is read by jalcds - though I don't think this is pertinent.

Prob: For some reason, the program has taken to hanging when I try to play audio CDs, on either CD player, on either installation of foobar. The foobar screen blanks out and the whole thing gets stuck in limbo for a couple of minutes. I've killed the prog from task manager a number of times (where it is shown as "not responding") - but I've noticed that if I wait long enough it tends to come back and play.

From what I can tell, this has something to do with freedb lookups - either it's having trouble getting a connection, or doing its searches, or both, or something else.

Any tips? In particular - assuming its a lookup problem - is there any way to get foobar just to go ahead a play - and look up later??

Here's the stuff:

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 281 ms
INFO (foo_freedb) : New CD inserted, looking up titles...
INFO (foo_freedb) : Querying freedb server...
INFO (foo_freedb) : Found inexact match(es)
INFO (foo_freedb) : blues 7d0a770a Zucchero / Spirito Di Vino
INFO (foo_freedb) : Getting data for category blues, discid 7d0a770a
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "cdda://00BF088D,01" (0)
INFO (foo_out_dsound_ex) : Created stream: 44100Hz 16bps 2ch
WARNING (foo_cdda) : cd access error, attempting to reread
INFO (foo_cdda) : reread successful

Best,

Mike