Skip to main content
Topic: AudioWorks 1.0.0-beta1 is now available (Read 52 times) previous topic - next topic

AudioWorks 1.0.0-beta1 is now available

AudioWorks is an open-source, cross-platform, multi-format audio conversion and tagging module for PowerShell.

This is my totally cross-platform replacement for PowerShell Audio, which I released a few years back. It now works on Windows, MacOS and Linux, runs faster, and has countless other little improvements.

Formats currently supported:
  • Wave
  • FLAC
  • Apple AAC (not on Linux)
  • Apple Lossless (not on Linux)
  • Lame MP3
  • Ogg Vorbis
(Opus is top of my todo list)

Re: AudioWorks 1.0.0-beta1 is now available

Reply #1
I've created a new Wiki entry here as well, and updated the PowerShell Audio entry to indicate that it is end-of-life.

Why PowerShell?

I'm an IT guy. We use PowerShell at work all the time to automate tasks. I'm also an audio guy - I have a huge archive of lossless files that I find myself frequently transcoding into AAC, MP3 etc. with different settings for different devices. Sometimes I want cover art. Sometimes I want the albums copied chronologically and then alphabetically to a USB key (hey, some car audio systems have weird requirements). PowerShell makes this sort of thing really easy. Or it would, if there was a module for dealing with audio files. So I wrote one.

This is a beta, so please test before entrusting your whole library to it! Feedback desired and appreciated.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018