Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SDK Compliation Problems (Read 3324 times) previous topic - next topic

SDK Compliation Problems

Hi, I am trying to set up a test plugin using the SDK in VS2010 in Windows 7.
I have linked to Foobar2000_SDK, Foobar2000_component_client and pfc .vcxproj projects in the References dialogue of my foo_testplugin project. This solved the first set of linker errors. Now I am getting 3 errors in foo_testplugin when linking against pfc:

Code: [Select]
1>Link:
1>     Creating library ~~~~~~~~~~~~~\FoobarSDK\foobar2000\Debug\foo_testplugin.lib and object ~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\FoobarSDK\foobar2000\Debug\foo_testplugin.exp
1>pfc.lib(string.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CharLowerW@4 referenced in function "unsigned int __cdecl pfc::charLower(unsigned int)" (?charLower@pfc@@YAII@Z)
1>pfc.lib(string.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CharUpperW@4 referenced in function "unsigned int __cdecl pfc::charUpper(unsigned int)" (?charUpper@pfc@@YAII@Z)
1>~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\FoobarSDK\foobar2000\Debug\foo_testplugin.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SDK Compliation Problems

Reply #1
CharLower documentation on MSDN mentions which import library to link to (User32.lib) at the bottom.
Stay sane, exile.

SDK Compliation Problems

Reply #2
Thanks, i added
Code: [Select]
#pragma comment(lib,"User32.lib")

to the top of string.h in the pfc project and it now compiles