Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 870748 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #2050
@veksha  sorry for late answer ( I had some problems with my foobar config and then I totally forgot to answer the message)
I tested the new version. Thank you too because you added NetEase to your component, that's awesomeeee
I have 2 suggestions (if it's possible) :

1. I have uploaded two scripts for ESLyrics panel, here https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/olq4qo/lyric_scripts_qqmusic_and_neteasecloudmusic_for/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
They're for QQMusic and NeatEase.
A few words about these scripts, a few differences that appear compared with the same sources for your component.
They can retrieve both synced lyrics and unsynced lyrics (not always obviously) and for example they can find 2 or 3 lyrics for a song. Many times a song has many variants , radio version, album version, etc....so with this scripts you have the luxury to choose a certain version. With your component , QQMusic, Netease, returns only one search result, which obviously is an disadvantage.
Look here, in this gif http://sendanywhe.re/KE4UB6Y1 in the left side is the ESLyric panel with those scripts for QQMusic, NetEase and in the right side is foo_uie_lyrics3 with foo_multisource .
So, it's possible to have multiple lyrics from each source ? (like in those scripts for ESLyric panel)

Sugestion number 2 :

Can you remove this from lyrics?(the first lines that appear at the beginning of every song)

[00:00.00] 作词 : Ed Sheeran
[00:01.00] 作曲 : Ed Sheeran/Fred Gibson/Johnny McDaid
[00:02.00] 编曲 : Ed Sheeran/FRED/Johnny McDaid

[00:10.47]Every time you come around you know I can’t say no

I think it should be like this :

[00:10.47]Every time you come around you know I can’t say no

Can you look closely at QQMusic script from my link, because there it doesn't happen at all. I use the scripts for probably 2 years but I never noticed valid lines from the lyrics removed, the lyrics are ok, clean , without anything missing.
In the other script, for NeteaseCloudMusic, extra lines do appear. So this script, for QQMusic, is the key, maybe you'll figure it out how that person that made this script managed to do it, to remove extra lines at the beginning of the lyrics (without removing lines from the lyrics haha, obviously)
I have also asked the developer for the other lyric component foo_openlyrics , the same questions, and he said that he will look to see what's possible to be done.
Thanks for reading, maybe something can be done

Reply #2051
So, it's possible to have multiple lyrics from each source ? (like in those scripts for ESLyric panel)

personally i find it not so useful for me, but it's definitely can be implemented relatively easy.

Can you remove this from lyrics?(the first lines that appear at the beginning of every song)

[00:00.00] 作词 : Ed Sheeran
[00:01.00] 作曲 : Ed Sheeran/Fred Gibson/Johnny McDaid
[00:02.00] 编曲 : Ed Sheeran/FRED/Johnny McDaid
author of qqmusic.js just removes lines with colons, dashes, etc
seems dangerous :D

but.. these features can be optional. turned off by default.
thank you for detailed answer and new suggestions :)
I will see what I can do.

Reply #2052
Yes, I think you're right, these 2 suggestions (or possibly new features) should be optional, turned off by default. Maybe not everyone wants to have multiple lyrics from the same source, but others might like that, so people should be able to choose.
About that script for QQMusic, unless I was super lucky, it's quite very reliable, as I said, no missing lines from lyrics
Thanks for taking my suggestions in consideration :)

Reply #2053
Thanks for the latest v0.50! it's amazing to have all those sources. But I have a problem when the server is not responding, the search remains stuck forever, and the only solution is to remove the server from the search. Can it be fixed by implementing a timeout like in the original sources long time ago ?
(In my case it was Multi DB: Dark Lyrics, had to remove it)
Maybe a timeout with a default value of 10 seconds...

Reply #2054
Thanks for the latest v0.50! it's amazing to have all those sources. But I have a problem when the server is not responding, the search remains stuck forever, and the only solution is to remove the server from the search. Can it be fixed by implementing a timeout like in the original sources long time ago ?
(In my case it was Multi DB: Dark Lyrics, had to remove it)
Maybe a timeout with a default value of 10 seconds...
Hi @zafer . I've been working on a new version 0.51. rewritten most of the code.
changed timeout to 10 sec.

Hello @Koshingg .  now plugin downloads multiple lyrics (in parallel) from one source and lines with lyric info (like [00:00.00] 作词 : Ed Sheeran) is getting removed. please test.

other changes: musixmatch token can be acquired automatically (if empty); minilyrics source removed, + other small fixes.

foo_multisource 0.51 (testing) download here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
thank you for testing!

Reply #2055
Hello,

I have always appreciated the availability of lyrics directly within my foobar2000 UI, though it looks like the component does not work anymore, no lyrics can be found whatsoever. Is there maybe a bug or is it just me?

Thank you

Reply #2056
Hello,
I have always appreciated the availability of lyrics directly within my foobar2000 UI, though it looks like the component does not work anymore, no lyrics can be found whatsoever. Is there maybe a bug or is it just me?
Thank you

foo_uie_lyrics3 will not find lyrics by itself anymore. try installing foo_multisource to add new sources to foo_uie_lyrics3 that will work.
see link in my previous message. (install v0.51, if will not work then install v0.50)

foo_uie_lyrics3 is abandoned by its author. the only way to make it work is to use plugins like foo_multisource.

OR you can consider new plugin foo_openlyrics. it can totally replace foo_uie_lyrics3 for you.

Reply #2057
@veksha Thank you very much for latest version 0.51.
I have tested it and still testing :-)
The timeout works fine, 10 seconds seems very good (lololyrics, songlyrics, and darklyrics did not respond, the timeout was indeed 10 seconds for each).
However, there is only a problem with Netease : it was stuck more than 30 seconds. I don't know why...

Another question: the Musixmatch token, is it truncated ? I got a token a while ago, it is 54 character long. It seems that when I paste it, it takes only 50 chars... I got this token (54 chars) using the debug log method in the Musixmatch program.

Reply #2058
Thank you very much for latest version 0.51.
The timeout works fine, 10 seconds seems very good (lololyrics, songlyrics, and darklyrics did not respond, the timeout was indeed 10 seconds for each).
My feeling is that the timeout of 10 seconds is too short.  I have found in previous versions that the songlyrics source, while admittedly slower than most of the others, has found lyrics that were not obtainable anywhere else.  The perfect solution would be to make the timeout value user-adjustable, either per-DB or en masse.  If that is not possible, my own vote is to return to the value that version .50 used in order to avoid missing lyrics that were actually available.  For me that's worth waiting a bit longer.  At any rate, thanks veksha for the continued development on this valuable plugin

Reply #2059
@sveakul I didn't know that these servers eventually respond! In this case it would indeed be better to wait more....

Then i made a test again, and i could retrieve lyrics from songlyrics, within the 10 seconds.
So it must depend on the load on the server.
So this confirms what you say, I guess...

Reply #2060

why they did not respond? how can we investigate this? what connection quality do you have? are you using proxy/vpn? in what country do you live?
to me all sources respond immediately. except for NetEase, sometimes it gets stuck for unknown reason. so i made a simple repeat loop (3 tries. (that is why it takes 30 seconds for you)) but for me 90% of the time it is very fast, 10% of the time - gets stuck.
multiple parallel requests to server from one IP address is what i suspect is a problem. but why it works 90% of the time then?
but nevertheless, it is totally usable for me how it is now.

However, there is only a problem with Netease : it was stuck more than 30 seconds. I don't know why...

maybe implement sort of benchmarking? inside component or as separate .exe file? that is very strange that you, @zafer and @sveakul not getting results as fast as I. can it be bug or just connection issues in your countries/network setup?

Another question: the Musixmatch token, is it truncated ? I got a token a while ago, it is 54 character long. It seems that when I paste it, it takes only 50 chars... I got this token (54 chars) using the debug log method in the Musixmatch program.
nice bug! fixed in 0.52.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
also timeout is now 15 sec for all sources. before making any decisions about making timeout a configurable option, let's try to investigate problems mentioned above first.

Reply #2061
@veksha:  thanks for the timeout increase to 15 sec. on version .52, very preliminary testing shows good results from all sources in use (I don't use Netease), the multiple lyrics from same source working well (esp. with metallum and songlyrics).

Did notice:  songlyrics is back to returning "We do not have the lyrics for (song) yet" for non-hits;  I think you were able to suppress this in earlier versions??

Reply #2062
@veksha again, thanks for the version v0.52 ! :-)

why they did not respond? how can we investigate this? what connection quality do you have? are you using proxy/vpn? in what country do you live?

Indeed, I'm in a country where internet connection is maybe the lamest in the world (I'm in Lebanon and believe me, internet is the the least of our problems... can you imagine that there is no electricity for 15+ hours a day, and we must generate our own electricity?)

Thanks for the explanation for Netease. I've put it last in the list so the search is smoother.

Now everything works fine, and the musixmatch token is taken completely, thanks for the fix :-)

I'm doing some tests now to investigate. But all the server IPs that foobar tries to access respond to ping in a short delay....
I suspect it can be related to secure/unsecure connection (https vs http)...

Edit: it appears that LyricShow does not use the proxy setting of Foobar>Preferences>Networking...
Yes it has its own setting in the old "OnlineDB" sources, so there is no way to test or use a vpn with the new sources apparently...
@veksha how is it implemented in the new sources? will it use system vpn setting ?

Reply #2063
@veksha I tested 0.52 and it seems you did a great job , lines with lyric info (like [00:00.00] 作词 : Ed Sheeran) are removed very well
I noticed also the multiple lyrics (in parallel) from one source , it's great, thanks
Maybe I didn't tested long enough but everything seems ok for me (I will test more tomorrow)

Reply #2064
@veksha:  Minilyrics is back up and drawing lyrics, confirmed with the foo_uie_lyrics3_minilyrics 0.9.2 plugin.  Who knows for how long, but might want to consider re-adding it to MultiDB.

Reply #2065
@veksha:  Minilyrics is back up and drawing lyrics, confirmed with the foo_uie_lyrics3_minilyrics 0.9.2 plugin.  Who knows for how long, but might want to consider re-adding it to MultiDB.
you bring good news, @sveakul ! thank you! 😉

Reply #2066
@veksha I hope you didn't remove the code for minilyrics  ::)

Reply #2067
@veksha I hope you didn't remove the code for minilyrics  ::)
He removed the code with the .51 version (and .52 which is still described as a test version).  The .50 version does have Minilyrics and is still downloadable at veksha's usual abode (https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/o7ua73/lyric_show_panel_3_lyrics_from_genius_musixmatch/).

If you want to stay with .52, you can add cedricpc's minilyrics source which does work, until veksha re-adds it (as I predict) to MultiDB.  That one is here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=90338.msg985826#msg985826 .  It will work together with MultiDB .52.

Reply #2071
Many thanks @veksha ! It is working very well. Minilyrics is an important source, I'm really happy it's working again!
Continuing testing it, so far all is ok ! Thanks for all the work !!

Reply #2072
@veksha:  Minilyrics oddity noted in version .53:  on the song "Poison" by "Jessica93", the Minilyrics DB pulled up about 4 different hits with completely different lyrics,  one of which was obviously Alice Cooper's "Poison."  Could it be the search method is being confused by the presence of numerals in the artist name "Jessica93"?

Reply #2073
I could reproduce exactly what you describe, searching for "Jessica93, poison" retrieved titles for "any artist, poison".
But it doesn't seem related to numerals, because I searched "Jessica, poison" without the numerals, and it got me the same results.
It seems that it didn't find artist "Jessica93" so it got you results with any artist !