Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Find & Play (Read 717 times) previous topic - next topic

Find & Play

Find & Play: download

Feature rich plug-in for foobar2000 that finds and plays music. Works great with youtube and your own media library.

FEATURES

Display & play:
- full album and track discographies
- top tracks, similar artists, similar songs, decades
- top 100 charts (current and historic back to 1952)
- can use queries or track matching with last.fm tag database (so files don't need to be tagged in any special way to identify tracks of specific genres, mood or artist locale)

Auto DJ:
- auto DJ option with automated weighting algorithmn that can use last.fm or own data to help select better tracks

Other features:
- operates on a minimum number of playlists, so there's no awkward playlist management
- nowplaying pane that provides feedback or displays configurable info on current track

USAGE

To load & play music:
- click items in album & tracks pane or use context menu.
- click the +  in album & tracks pane for multiple items.
- choose 'Auto DJ...' or 'Find tracks in library...' on context menu. Loads a new selection in a chosen style.

Re: Find & Play

Reply #1
Looks good! We have totally different mind-frames about how it should be done (online vs offiline, data sources, etc.), no doubt, but definitely is a great utility :)

Requires ie9 so I have not been able to test many things, since the config panel seems to be broken without it. I have managed to make it work just for auto-dj with only library tracks, so wine or non ie9 users should be able to make it work too for that use-case.

Only feedback I can give about that part is the way it's being handled. Using only library tracks I expected it would not be capped at 5 tracks. I have found a property which lets you change that, but I find strange that every time a track is played it repeat the search again thus losing any speed advantage of having a large selection (?) I was expecting a playlist refresh when near the last track, not on every new track (and data quotas don't apply here since all tracks are offline). Maybe I missed some option, as I said many things are broken on my side.

Reply #2
The number is configurable on the options > playlists tab > auto DJ. On the other item - good spot - it affected the library [own data] mode.  Other auto DJ modes seem to be working correctly. The issue should be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reply #3
Another nice tool Wilb!

Re: auto DJ, prefs>playlist>maintain 25 tracks,
the display informs that Auto DJ has 2887 tracks available, but when I create an auto DJ playlist, it is always <25 tracks - last 2 were 14 and 12 tracks?

Display issues (per attached);
font awesome installed, but no icon indicators (bio panels do display them assuming same implementation)
Image cycling works for artist images, but not album images?

Reply #4
The number is configurable on the options > playlists tab > auto DJ.
That's the point. Options is broken without IE within foobar, so I had to got directly to the properties panel to change it.

Another nice tool Wilb!

Re: auto DJ, prefs>playlist>maintain 25 tracks,
the display informs that Auto DJ has 2887 tracks available, but when I create an auto DJ playlist, it is always <25 tracks - last 2 were 14 and 12 tracks?

Display issues (per attached);
font awesome installed, but no icon indicators (bio panels do display them assuming same implementation)
Image cycling works for artist images, but not album images?
According to the config, pool sizes may vary every time for Auto DJ. Not sure if that's your question. It's a bit ironic reading the config panel with firefox but...

Reply #5
@mjm716  Thanks for the feedback.

Auto DJ playlist count: it seems to be working correctly here. If YouTube look-ups fail to find a match then the playlist count can drop below the target. I'm not sure if it's that or something else. If you think that isn't the reason, then if you provide an example auto DJ that exhibits the issue & confirm the exact auto DJ type (e.g. Youtube tracks, Prefer library tracks etc) I can take a look.

Nowplaying panel: I went for a clean look: only icon is a faded last.fm icon top left in feedback mode with auto DJ when last.fm is data source. Context menu is used to toggle with album & tracks pane.

Cycling album covers isn't supported. That's biography only.

Reply #6
On reflection I think the reason for the shortfall in auto DJ playlist count was because foo_youtube wasn't installed.

Either way the next version will have a warning message, and an advisory to use the auto DJ in library mode if foo_youtube isn't installed.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021