Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Extract Multichannel Audio tracks from DVD-v (Read 8324 times) previous topic - next topic

Extract Multichannel Audio tracks from DVD-v

I'm looking for a way or program to extract the audio from a DVD-V not a dvd-a
The audio is offered in 5.1 or 2 channel, so i would like to extract the 5.1 channel and i would also like to save it to a multichannel flac file

Does anyone know if there also exists a way to save the tracks as one track with a cue sheet similar to the way EAC allows a CD to be extracted as a one image and cue sheet?

Thanks

Reply #1
for ripping .ac3 or .dts  (not lossless), DVD Audio Extractor, DVD Decrypter, DVD Audio Ripper, are three tools that come to mind.  Some have free trials.

Reply #2
Does anyone know if there also exists a way to save the tracks as one track with a cue sheet similar to the way EAC allows a CD to be extracted as a one image...
I assume most of the tools will give you a single file.  A chapter on a DVD is just a "marker", and the movie is one big file (split into 1GB VOB files).  If you have a music video DVD, it's possible that each music video is a separate title (not simply a chapter).  If that's the case, you'll get separate files for each song.

I don't have any DVD audio ripping tools, but I can import a (non encrypted) DVD into Video Studio.  I get a single "movie" and the chapter points are lost.  I can then save the audio as WAV, MP3, etc., but there is no FLAC option in Video Studio.  (I've never tried creating a surround-sound file from a DVD, and without FLAC this could be a problem because a 90 minute 6-channel WAV file will exceed the 2GB limit for WAV files.)

... and cue sheet?
I'm not sure,  but it shouldn't be to hard to maually create a cue sheet.  And, the chapters may not be exactly where you want the cue points anyway...

Reply #3
I went with DVD Audio Extractor it allows for extraction to quite a few audio formats including flac, plus it allowed mono/stereo/ or 6-channel encoding.

While you still need to tag with another program it did the ripping well. Since the dvd had quite a few audio files i didn't want to include i think ripping to individual tracks was better in this case, however it does seem as a potential use to be able to rip the audio into a full audio image track and cue sheet. One potential problem i see for that is in this particular case there was a mix of 6 & 2 channel audio, so i don't know if you can force a 2 channel to 6 channel in order to record an audio image all as 6-channel?

Thanks for the help