Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AC3 Files support (Read 3773 times) previous topic - next topic

AC3 Files support

Yes, i know i have my wishes... (Like having an mp3 player that can handle defective id3v2 tags..., and etc tags...)

But very recently i came up with another need, an audio player that can handle AC3 files (Not VOB files, im not talking about taking this player to an DVD player), and since i know of no such way to send those files to seperate 6 channels in an audigy card (or for the matter any other card), this must be one of creatives best kept secrets...

I'm only asking for this simple thing: a way to route thise files via the SPDIF output.
Why adding it to foobar2000? Because, its an audio player, and just as mp3 and ogg is compressed audio, so does ac3, and i would like it to be centrilized in one audio player.
(And maybe in the future, god forbids dvd audio, but that really high hopes...)

So peter&guys is it possible?!
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

- Abraham Lincoln

AC3 Files support

Reply #1
I know this isn't much help for Foobar, but if you can still put up with plain old winamp (or even with using a DirectShow capable player), you might want to check out  http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/ for the DirectShow filter, can't remember the link for the winamp plugin, but just do a search on doom9.net and you'll find it.

AC3 Files support

Reply #2
link is http://winampac3.sourceforge.net
but iam not sure spdif is working just yet.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

AC3 Files support

Reply #3
10x for your help, and i did found ac3filter, which is indeed excelent work. However, since my player is winamp (and soon to be foobar), i would like that ac3 support in those players, which afaik don't handle directshow filters (If they do, i would very much like to know that).

As for the other ac3 winamp plugin, i have it, and currently it does not support spdif as an output, not to mention i've never found such an "output" plugin...

Again me and my wishes...
the best all around audio player:
Winamp features: mp3 input that handles all kinds of mp3's,seekbar, excelent playlist
Foobar features: "Keep it simple stupid", and no comprimise on quality/coding/performence.
WiMP features: WAV support with CODECs (aka directshow filters), ac3 compability, spdif output.
Creative playcenter: DVD Audio reading/output.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

- Abraham Lincoln

AC3 Files support

Reply #4
contact the author, he is curently looking for the spdif testers for the ds filter, i guess he will implement the spdif support in the ac3 winamp plugin as well. ( http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&t...&threadid=33224 )
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

AC3 Files support

Reply #5
Thanks for the great idea, i'll do just that! (post the winamp ac3 plugin creator)

- Abraham Lincoln