Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: windows media 9 - wma (Read 5048 times) previous topic - next topic

windows media 9 - wma

i tried wmp9 "build 2798"(beta series), the new encoder wm9 is great, are there any bench?
very GOOD quality at VBR "135-215kbps"
there is a lossless WMA
"is there a DOS encoder?"

windows media 9 - wma

Reply #1
RE: DOS encoder for wma9: I haven't seen anything of the sort yet. . .the "official" beta release of wma9 is not scheduled until September, so unless somebody "leaks" a DOS encoder (as was done with wmp 9) I wouldn't count on seeing one until then.

windows media 9 - wma

Reply #2
someone should ask microsoft if we here could do a listening test with the new wma 9, so that they could make it better. Just a thought

windows media 9 - wma

Reply #3
Originally posted by Benjamin Lebsanft
someone should ask microsoft if we here could do a listening test with the new wma 9, so that they could make it better. Just a thought

Don't count on it

windows media 9 - wma

Reply #4
they did it with WM8 last year

windows media 9 - wma

Reply #5
a beta tester should ask!

windows media 9 - wma

Reply #6
Originally posted by amososodef
"is there a DOS encoder?"

There will be no "DOS" encoders. You're referring, of course, to an Win32 command-line executable.

windows media 9 - wma

Reply #7
The 2773 codecs had same of not a bit worse quality than WMA8 at 64kbit.

And I'd still like to know the diff between WMA and WMA Pro. If there even is any.

windows media 9 - wma

Reply #8
Originally posted by Tom Servo
And I'd still like to know the diff between WMA and WMA Pro. If there even is any.
Isn't WMA Pro loseless?

windows media 9 - wma

Reply #9
in build 2773 "wma pro" in build 2798 "wma lossless"

windows media 9 - wma

Reply #10
If you would run Windows Media Encoder, you'd see that there are non-lossless WMA Pro codecs, mainly targetted for 24bit and/or 5.1, and MS keeps saying it's a different codec. I wanna know how much truth is in there.