Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burning with pregap and CD-Text (Read 1918 times) previous topic - next topic

Burning with pregap and CD-Text

I've tried many TSST drives (SE-208GB, SN-208DB, SN-216BB) with EAC, and it would either not work at all (says it's writing the lead in but at 1x and not the speed I set it up to and nothing would be written to the CD-R, the disc would start spinning but eventually the drive would just stop, and I would get nothing on the indicator light, eventually both the track and CD status bars alongside the ETA would just fill in but it would just keep going, and sometimes I would get an error saying that the "ToC-file" is not suitable for the drive), or, when trying to use it without the cdrdao plugin install would seem like it's working just fine but then would tell me about "Logical unit not ready, long write in progress", and the discs would have their ToCs written, but then then the drive would make some quick blip noises with a very long interval between them, and nothing would actually be written (I've only tried this with the latter two drives),
Because of all this, I am looking for an alternative solution, either a way to make EAC actually work or a different piece of software entirely that would still support writing to pregap and CD-Text (foobar2000 with the CD burning plugin doesn't work for this, although I tried using it for something else and it worked just fine).
Sorry for not being cohesive throughout all this.

Re: Burning with pregap and CD-Text

Reply #1
Do these drives support burning CD Text? Other than that, I vaguely remember that there was something you needed to do to burn CD Text, can't remember what, was it burning in DAO mode, or TAO... also, there was some application back in the days which was made for that sole purpose, burning CDs with CD Text. Other than that one program, I know ImgBurn can do that, but I never tried.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #3
Do these drives support burning CD Text? Other than that, I vaguely remember that there was something you needed to do to burn CD Text, can't remember what, was it burning in DAO mode, or TAO... also, there was some application back in the days which was made for that sole purpose, burning CDs with CD Text. Other than that one program, I know ImgBurn can do that, but I never tried.

EDIT: I remembered, tool's name is "Burrrn".
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #4
I've always used CDex to burn CD text.

Reply #5

EDIT: I remembered, tool's name is "Burrrn".
I don't think that can do pregap though, or at least I don't feel like wasting another CD-R to find out, but loading both my cuesheet and a test one has lead to it just listing the whole track in length, unlike foobar, which only started from index 01.