Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist-Manager-SMP (Read 50906 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist-Manager-SMP

Reply #75
Hi Regor,
I bypassed the relative paths error just replacing them with absolute paths (as suggested by this user), but it still fails to load, this time displaying this message:

Code: [Select]
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1-dev+757cb073 (Playlist Manager: Playlist Manager v0.2 by XXX)
this.properties.bBOM is undefined

File: playlist_manager_list.js
Line: 1831, Column: 2
Stack trace:
  _list@playlist_manager_list.js:1831:2
  @:79:12

I tried some digging here but couldn't find anyone with the same error. Any guess?
Are you using the latest version? (from commits) Have you installed it at the right path (see installation txt file)?

Your error happens at the beginning of panel loading about a missing property on the panel, so that points to an installation problem. Try re-downloading the files.

Also SMP 1.6.0 is a broken release and I'm not supporting dev releases like 1.6.1 until it has been fixed, the SMP repository recommends to use 1.5.2 and that's what I support. Maybe that's your problem.

EDIT:  btw the user's comment you pointed to has a wrong installation path... so maybe that was also his problem. Please take a look at the installation file.

Reply #76
Ok, I downgraded SMP to 1.5.2, and I re-installed the latest version* in the -I think- right path (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts), but the problem is still there, and nothing loads.

*Be patient, I don't really know what "from commits" means... I just downloaded the zip from here (https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP), green button "code", "Download ZIP"

Reply #77
Ok, I downgraded SMP to 1.5.2, and I re-installed the latest version* in the -I think- right path (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts), but the problem is still there, and nothing loads.

*Be patient, I don't really know what "from commits" means... I just downloaded the zip from here (https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP), green button "code", "Download ZIP"
Yep the last path is right if you are using a non portable install, and that's the zip you needed. Then, did you pointed to the new path at the panel? Seems obvious, but maybe you still had the panel trying to load the previous path and thus crashing.

Is the log the same now? I'm testing it on a portable fresh install directly from github and loads fine. Also try clearing the properties at the panel in case you got someting wrong there.

Reply #78

Hi. I also waited a couple of months that the problem with relative ways is resolved with the new SMP release, but this did not happen (Win10 x64, 1607, SMP 1.5.2). For the scripts to work you will have to manually replace in each script the section that meets at the very top, from this:

include('
to this:
include(fb.ProfilePath + 'scripts\\SMP\\xxx-scripts\\
I didn't test all scripts functions yet, but i think this works.

Hi. Can you please add colour customization for buttons - for dark themes and styles? I use a high-contrast dark style in Windows, and in a Foobar the buttons in your scripts are displayed as "black font on a dark background". Or if i turn off the style, i have "white buttons on dark Foobar theme background". ::)

Reply #79
include(fb.ProfilePath + 'scripts\\SMP\\xxx-scripts\\
Yep that's the good one. Thanks
I will create a batch file to do it... since I can't continue with half the people manually changing all files on every update.

Hi. Can you please add colour customization for buttons - for dark themes and styles? I use a high-contrast dark style in Windows, and in a Foobar the buttons in your scripts are displayed as "black font on a dark background". Or if i turn off the style, i have "white buttons on dark Foobar theme background".
The buttons background are managed by windows themes, so they can not be customized within foobar but follow what you set as you note. The problem is the font color, which is harcoded to black. That's what I have to change, to use the inverted color instead of always black.

Btw, until I do so you can change it at buttons_xxx.js & buttons_panel_xxx.js
         gr.GdiDrawText(iconCalculated, this.g_font_icon, RGB(0, 0, 0), x_calc - iconWidthCalculated / 5 - textWidthCalculated / 2, y_calc, w_calc, h_calc, DT_CENTER | DT_VCENTER | DT_CALCRECT | DT_NOPREFIX); // Icon
         gr.GdiDrawText(textCalculated, this.g_font, RGB(0, 0, 0), x_calc + iconWidthCalculated, y_calc, w_calc, h_calc, DT_CENTER | DT_VCENTER | DT_CALCRECT | DT_NOPREFIX); // Text
      } else {
         let textCalculated = _isFunction(this.text) ? this.text() : this.text;
         gr.GdiDrawText(textCalculated, this.g_font, RGB(0, 0, 0), x_calc, y_calc, w_calc, h_calc, DT_CENTER | DT_VCENTER | DT_CALCRECT | DT_NOPREFIX); // Text
Change the RGB(0, 0, 0) to any other like RGB(239, 239, 239)

Reply #80
Ok. done. Decompress the entire zip into 'xxx-scripts', read instructions and run the bat file. Will work on any of my scripts and process the entire folder. Should work on future releases too.

Anyway this is a patch, as soon as you update the files it will have to be run again...

Reply #81
Hi. Can you please add colour customization for buttons - for dark themes and styles? I use a high-contrast dark style in Windows, and in a Foobar the buttons in your scripts are displayed as "black font on a dark background". Or if i turn off the style, i have "white buttons on dark Foobar theme background". ::)

Done, check latest update ;)
Readme updated (with full installation instructions). Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.
### Added
- UI: buttons' text color can now be customized via menus.

Check previous reply's script to convert relative paths to absolute paths if Spider Monkey fails loading the scripts.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=120979.msg1003329#msg1003329

Reply #82
Readme updated with known problems (like the SMP bug). Also added the cmd batch file (to switch paths) to the repository as workaround; no further changes. Updated not needed at all for already working installations. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

Reply #83
Just pushed a new update. Optimization of remove duplicates code. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

### Added
   ### Changed
   - Remove duplicates: optimized the code, now runs at least x2 times faster. Updated all instances where the functions were being used to call the new version (currently on AutoPlaylist cloning).
   ### Removed
   ### Fixed

Reply #84
Just pushed a new update. Added support for a new playlist format (for media servers compatibility like Kodi). Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

### Added
   - Playlist formats: added read-only support for .strm format. Since format only allows one URL per playlist, M3U formats are preferred to create new playlists for the same purpose (which can also be read by streaming players).
   ### Changed
   - Selected playlist menu: Renamed 'Open playlist folder' to 'Show playlist file' on explorer.
   - Properties: added extensive checks to most properties.
   ### Removed
   ### Fixed
   - Autosave & Autoupdate: changing the properties via menus or properties panel could lead to values being formatted as strings instead of numbers, now disallowed at input (menus) and loading (value checking).

(*)  XSPF support will be added on next releases.

Reply #85
Just pushed a new update. Permanent console log to bypass foobar limitation of 'saving log to file' getting reset on every startup. obviously limited to the script output. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.
   ### Added
   - Helpers: added full script console logging to file at foobar profile folder ('console.log'). File is reset when reaching 5 MB. Logging is also sent to foobar2000's console (along other components logging).
   ### Changed
   ### Removed
   ### Fixed

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #86
Just pushed a new update. Fixed missing file on the previous update. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

Thanks to the user who reported it!

Reply #87
Just pushed a new update. Added even more options to clone autoplaylists and for exporting playlists. Also created some presets ready to be used for foobar2000 mobile or kodi systems (see readme for usage, it has been updated), this along the ability to set format for the output playlist should allow to easily export playlists+files in one step to any device out there. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

### Added
   - Menus: new entry to 'Clone AutoPlaylist and edit query'. Creates a clone of the selected AutoPlaylist and allows to edit the query afterwards; for easy AutoPlaylist creation using a generic query as base (instead of copying/pasting queries).
   - Export and convert: new default presets for multiple use-cases (Kodi devices, etc.). Use 'Restore defaults' at header menu to reload presets if updating from a previous version.
   ### Changed
   - Export and convert: '.\' is only added to paths when a preset is set to do so, playlist still use as paths whatever TF expression is used considering the file is along the playlist by default (relative path). Rationale: a preset can be set to either use relative paths (with or without '.\' at start) by default or edited to prepend an absolute path via Title Formatting. For ex: '.\%title%.mp3' and '%title%.mp3' are equivalent in practice. While 'MusicHDD:\music\%artist%\%album%\%track% - %title%.mp3' will use absolute path on playlist file (and tracks will have to be copied to such device and path for later use). This greatly simplifies exporting playlist to devices like Kodi in one step (without further manual path editing), since playlists require absolute paths and are usually stored in a different folder and disk than the music files.
   - Export and convert: presets can have their own playlist extension, selected playlist will be converted to that format -if required- on exporting. Note converting from M3U to PLS format involves discarding part of their metadata (tags, etc.).
   - Export and convert: presets can have a name instead of showing the TF expression. Name is set at header menu. This is only cosmetic, to easily identify them.
   - Helpers: additional checks at json loading on all scripts. Warnings via popup when a corrupted file is found.
   ### Removed
   ### Fixed

Reply #88
Pushed a new update. Added full .xspf playlist support (*) along some general file reading improvements to max compatibility with other software and SO's. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

### Added
   - Playlist formats: .xspf format full compatibility (read, edit and create). Follows the complete specification: items not found don't break playlist loading (it continues with next item). If  an item is not found at the set the path, it also tries to find matches on library by query using fuzzy matching according to the playlist metadata (Title + Artist + Album + Track number or a combination of those). By default, if lock flag is not set on file, it's loaded as a locked file. Note fuzzy matching by queries may take a great amount of time on large libraries or when a lot of items are missing.
   - Blank lines: new entry to check for blank lines on playlists, although they may be allowed in some formats, some players may behave incorrectly with such playlists (for ex. with .strm files)
   ### Changed
   - When retrieving paths from M3U files, lines are trimmed (blank spaces). In other words, blank lines are simply skipped for any purpose. Other formats don't allow these "errors".
   - Editing metadata on playlists not created by the manager no longer fails neither warns about requiring loading/saving to update the format; now the playlist header is automatically rewritten and then the new metadata added. This change allows to edit metadata for almost any format while not having to rewrite playlists to the currently default format (i.e. allowing .xspf playlists to remain in their format even if the default one is .m3u8).
   ### Removed
   ### Fixed

- While reading Playlist files, they are now split by lines using any of the possible escape sequence combinations and not only windows ones (\r\n). This should allow to correctly read any playlist file created in any SO (no longer limited to Windows ecosystem).
   - Crash after manual refreshing a playlist with less items than the number of rows.

.xspf (XML Shareable Playlist Format ):  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML_Shareable_Playlist_Format
Traditionally playlists have been composed of file paths that pointed to individual titles. This allowed a playlist to be played locally on one machine or shared if the listed file paths were URLs accessible to more than one machine (e.g., on the Web). XSPF's meta-data rich open format has permitted a new kind of playlist sharing called content resolution.

A simple form of content resolution is the localisation of a playlist based on metadata. An XSPF-compliant content resolver will open XSPF playlists and search a catalog for every title with <creator>, <album> and <title> tags, then localise the playlist to reference the available matching tracks
In other words, query matching... so playlists may be shared as is among different users and libraries and still find matches (no matter the physical media structure). Note this is different to autoplaylists, since the latter looks for any track satisfying an arbitrary condition (GENRE IS ROCK), while the former specifically looks for tracks (U2 - One) which may be present or not on the library. An XSPF playlist will never output more tracks than those written on the playlist (contrary to an autoplaylist which allows duplicates and has no fixed size). (*)

There is an example playlist on the repo, attached here too. Put it on the playlist tracked folder and load it, it will try to find matches on your library. It's a collection of 800 tracks from the 90s so it should easily find at least some of them.

(*) Someone may notice I have explicitly disabled XSPF to be used as 'saving' format, such playlists need to be created manually first with a text editor or another player. Then items can be added with SHIFT+L. Button, metatada edited, etc.. I will change this after enough testing.
(**) This is obviosly similar to 'Import track list' tool at Playlist-Tools-SMP, but XSPF being an XML playlist also allows metadata and paths to work as an standard playlist too. It's also universally supported by other players (mostly Unix).

Reply #89
Pushed a small fix for XSFP files. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

Meanwhile I'm working on adding XBMC Smart playlist support.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists/XSP_Method
Not only as a read only format, but also to convert current AutoPlaylists within foobar to a Kodi readable format... so they can be used on both devices. Currently I have been able to translate XBMC queries to Foobar queries, the part that takes more time is the reverse process (since foobar queries can be arbitrarily complex...).
Working great so far, and as a bonus, since Smart Playlists allow to use another playlists as sources, they can be effectively used as way to merge different playlists as pools.

The final aim is being able to translate most of the playlists created within foobar to other devices -and back- without loss of functionality. Manually duplicating those 30 autoplaylists from Foobar into Kodi can easily take days... while this approach would do it in seconds. The same applies copying playlists to Foobar2000 mobile, which requires manually editing paths, track conversion, etc. now all done automatically in one click with the 'Export and convert' presets.

Reply #90
Just pushed a new update. Added new menu entry to clone playlists, full support for XBMC Smart Playlists (**) and other QoL changes and fixes. There are multiple playlist example files on the 'Examples' folder. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.
   ### Added
   - Playlist formats: [.xsp format](https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists) full compatibility (read, edit and create). They are Smart Playlists which work on Kodi-like/XBMC systems, pretty similar to AutoPlaylists. Has been added a full layer of translations between XBMC-queries and Foobar-queries which allows conversion on the fly between both formats whenever it's possible. Some exceptions may apply, like most foobar TF functions not being available on .xsp format (check readme for more info). For all purposes Smart Playlists are treated like AutoPlaylists, being locked by default, having a query and sort, can be cloned as standard playlist or AutoPlaylist, etc. Metadata is also saved on the panel .json file, along AutoPlaylists and .fpl playlists metadata. Note queries checking for other playlists by name are also allowed (so it can use as source any playlist format read by the manager, even AutoPlaylists); this can be easily used as a way to merge different playlists as pools (the same it works on Kodi).
   - Menus: new menu entry on selected playlist menu to clone current playlist as another format. Shortcut to easily convert playlists between different formats without using the exporting tools. Checks the paths on the process, so dead items are reported and skipped.
   - Menus: new menu entry to edit limit of tracks output when loading playlist's query (currently only available for .xsp format).
   - Tooltip: limit is shown for AutoPlaylists (infinite) and .xsp playlists (set by playlist file).
   ### Changed
   - UI: Tweaked a bit the default colors to differentiate better every type of playlist, should look better by default now when changing the background to black too.
   - UI: .xsp playlists can be set to have their own color.
   - UI: popup warning if saving a playlist will involve changing the playlist format. This should avoid accidental changes. Configurable on header menu.
   - Edit query (.xsp only): query is now translated into an XBMC query after user input. Structure may change during the process (specially parenthesis and how things are grouped) and non recognized tags/expressions are skipped (those which have no XBMC counterpart). Please recheck query after edition on the tooltip to ensure it has been recognized properly. See readme for more usage info.
   ### Removed
   ### Fixe
d
   - Rare crash when using manual refresh while the mouse was over a playlist file deleted outside the panel.
   - Rare error when trying to create a playlist without a name, the name used was the filename + extension instead of only the filename. Only happened when trying to clone a playlist without UUID but UUIDs were enabled.

(*)  May be used to create XSPF playlists from scratch while the option to use .xspf as default format is disabled (testing period).
(**) Please be aware Smart playlist CAN NOT use all the TF variables and functions found on Foobar2000. Check https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists/XSP_Method for more info, so don't get surprised if things are skipped from the query on the translation process. This is done to ensure they work with Kodi/XBMC. Will update the PDF readme asap with full documentation.

Reply #91
Just updated the pdf readme, with full documentation for the XSP format and advanced tips to create queries and use Smart Playlists as 'Pools'. Check on the repository.

It should hopefully help users to use all capabilities of those playlists.

Reply #92
Just pushed a new update. Added new option to allow tracking UI-only playlists, thus allowing to use the manager as a playlist organizer (like most plugins out there) (*) along other fixes. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

### Added
   - Playlist formats: new option to also show UI-only playlists on the manager panel, to use it as a simple playlist organizer. UI-only playlists are non editable but they can be renamed, deleted or restored. Sending current selection to playlist is also allowed. They have its own custom color too. To be able to use all the other features of the manager, consider creating playlist files instead. At any point you may use 'Create new playlist from Active playlist...' to save UI-only playlists as a tracked file.
   - UI: informative popups the first time an .xsp or .xspf playlis are loaded/created.
   - UI: added warnings when multiple playlist share the same name on the tracked folder (configurable).
   - XSP: new option to never auto-save .xsp playlists (thus avoiding format changes) even if they are not locked; this is now the default behavior.
   ### Changed
   - Menus: .xsp playlist now also have an option to copy the playlist file to another location (i.e. exporting the playlist).
   - UI: Smart Playlists are now identified as such in any text instance where they behave as AutoPlaylists, instead of using the generic 'AutoPlaylist' term for all. For ex. on tooltips warning the playlist can not be edited when trying to add a track. This is just a cosmetic change.
   - Duplicates: are now also checked when using the option 'Send selection to playlist' (and not only on Shift + L.Click).
   ### Removed
   ### Fixed

- UI: cosmetic fix. Fixed 'AutoPlaylists' being written as 'Autoplaylists' on some instances.
   - UUID: UUID was not assigned properly on AutoPlaylist creation if option was enabled (thus not allowing multiple playlists with same name).
   - UUID: solved all instances where full name was not properly retrieved from Name + UUID strings, no matter if the option was enabled or not by using Regex to replace any possible UUID. This happened when UUID was enabled and trying to create new playlist from active playlist, i.e. the suggested name was not the full name.
   - UI: warnings about format changes are now moved after checking if playlist is locked. Previously it warned about it even if nothing would be changed due to the file being locked.

(*) Most options are disabled for these playlists since they don't have a physical file associated and I want to enforce using physical files for the advanced features (that's the reason this manager exists). On the other hand, sending selection to playlist is fully supported, along deletion/restoration... so it should come handy for those not using the playlist tabs bar.

Gif showing how to enable it and general functions:

Reply #93
Just pushed a new update. Added new shortcut to show active playlist, some additions to UI-only playlists and minor fixes. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

### Added
   - Shortcut: L. Click on header highlights active playlist on manager if possible (an associated file exists).
   ### Changed
   - Formats: playlist consistency tools (duplicates, external items and dead items), 'Clone as...' and 'Export and convert tracks to...' now also work with UI-only playlists.
   ### Removed
   ### Fixed

- UI: fixed some instances where the current position on the list view got reset after updating a playlist file.
   - UI: selection indicator is now only displayed if the mouse is over the panel. It was shown on some instances when updating the current view, while trying to remember the last selected item to maintain the current index.
   - UI: fixed some instances where the currently playlist playlist was incorrectly displayed (with playback stopped).
   - Dead items: https streams were incorrectly reported as dead items due to a typo.

Also updated the readme with all the latest changes and explaining new features (along UI-only playlists). Images updated to reflect all changes to menus on last updates.

Reply #94
Just pushed a new update. Added key quicksearch, built-in playlists backups and some changes to the basic behaviors. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.
   ### Added
   - UI: pressing any key while focus is on panel will scroll the list to the first playlist whose first name's letter matches the key (sorting by name), first category's letter (sorting by category) or first size's number (sorting by size).
   - Backup: new option to automatically backup the playlist files by interval, when unloading the script and just after loading a playlist file on UI (if auto-saving is enabled). Setting the interval to zero completely disables the feature on any case; to only backup on script unloading/playlist loading, set it to 'Infinity'.
   ### Changed
   - Auto-saving: playlists are not immediately auto-saved after loading them, but only after a change is made. This is done caching the last playlists loaded until auto-saves fires for the first time later. This change makes unwanted format changing a bit more difficult, requiring explicit user interaction with the playlist to change it.
   - Send selection: loaded playlists are not immediately auto-saved after sending selected tracks to it (menu or shortcut actions). This behavior follows previous comments about not needing to rewrite the playlist. Note sending the selection already edits the playlist file, so this skips the auto-saving step (since its also loaded in the UI) which could involve changing the playlist format.
   ### Removed
   ### Fixed

- Cache: added safechecks to library cache to ensure loaded item is the one pointed at the playlist. At some instances, after adding/removing library items without reloading the panel cache, some tracks could have been mixed up due to different index.
   - Cache: now gets rebuilt whenever an item is added/removed to the library, not only at startup. This is in addition to the previous check (to automatically solve it).
   - Force relative paths: tool was not working properly for .xspf playlists, now paths are properly replaced considering they are URI encoded.
   - Bind active playlist to file: when canceling the popup that appears trying to bind the active playlist to a playlist file with a non-default format, playlist file binding was properly aborted (no file changes) but the active playlist was already renamed. Now aborting also reverts the renaming, renaming it again back to the original name. This 'fix' also applies
   - Crash on menu due to a typo.

Readme pdf has also been updated to reflect all the changes.

Reply #95
Just pushed a new update. Reworked filter buttons and UI. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

### Added
   - UI: filter buttons are now configurable by R. Clicking on them. The menu on any of the 2 buttons allows to set the selected button to filter by Playlist type, lock status, extension, category or tag. There is also an entry to reset all filtering and the current buttons configuration is saved between sessions (the filtering itself follows its own configuration). Note filters are accumulative, i.e. changing a button from lock status to extension will not reset its previously selected filter. Tooltips have been updated accordingly.
   ### Changed
   - UI: sorting method configuration is now opened by R. Clicking directly on the sort button, following the same behavior thane the [new] filter configuration menus.
   ### Removed
   ### Fixed

- Bind active playlist to file: when canceling the popup that appears trying to bind the active playlist to a playlist file with a non-default format, playlist file binding was properly aborted (no file changes) but the active playlist was already renamed. Now aborting also reverts the renaming, renaming it again back to the original name. This 'fix' also applies in any case where the playlist saving fails or is aborted.

Reply #96
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.6.0-beta.1
External players integration, QOL and stability improvements
Considered a beta due to a SMP's bug on installation. See _TIPS and INSTALLATION.txt
REQUIRES SMP 1.5.2.

Playlist formats: UI-only playlists, .xsp format full compatibility, .xspf format full compatibility (read, edit and create), read-only support for .strm format.
    Automatic backups. So previous version of playlists may be restored if something goes wrong.
    Quick-search.
    UI reworked: buttons, menus, etc. Much more intuitive now. More customization available.
    New sorting and filtering options.
    UI: new sorting option by first tag. Playlists without tags are considered as 'first'. Note it uses only the first tag of all the available tags for a given playlist, so order is relevant.
    Tons of new options for AutoPlaylists.
    Tons of new tools to check playlist consistency.
    Exporting tools ready to be used along Foobar mobile, Kodi-like systems, etc. (full documentation on PDF!)
    Metadata inheritance on new playlists.
    Improved library caching, animation popup while loading the panel and new instance manager (to share the cache between multiple panels instead of calculating it on every panel).
    Added multiple playlist checks of different nature at saving, loading, etc. to ensure playlists don't get corrupted, have wrong paths, etc.
    More than 20 fixes related to cache, playlist saving, UI, crashes, etc. RECOMMENDED TO USE THIS NEW RELEASE.

See changelog for a full list: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

Reply #97
Just a small update. Also uploaded the latest version of the manual to the repo with explanations of all features up to date. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.
## [Unreleased][]
### Added
### Changed
- Tooltip: added metadata inheritance notice on filter button tooltips (category and tag filtering).
- Header menu: added metadata inheritance notice on header filtering submenus (category and tag filtering).
### Removed
### Fixed

PD: there is no more changes so if you don't care about the manual update (which explains how metadata inheritance works) and those 2 minor UI cosmetic things, feel free to skip it and use the official release from above. No more updates planned until end of Jan 2022.

Reply #98
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.6.0-beta.2

v0.6.0-beta.2 - Bugfixes and QOL changes Latest

Considered a beta due to a SMP's bug on installation. See _TIPS and INSTALLATION.txt
REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1.

UI-only playlists integration with filters.
    Playlist files are now automatically renamed when using foobar UI to rename a loaded playlist (only with no UUID option).
    Subsongs are now allowed in M3U and XSPF playlist formats. i.e. tracks from an ISO file may be referenced within a playlist; when loaded it will load only the selected track instead of the entire ISO file (bypassing Foobar2000's playlist limitations).
    Changes to backup to include also metadata files and Autoplaylists. Now also excludes non recognized files on tracked folder.
    Minor changes to UI, sorting icons, tooltip, etc.
    Improved UNIX compatibility.
    Multiple bugfixes: XSPF playlists with illegal chars, file deletion, extensions in upper case, etc.
    Updated the readme with installation instructions and a comprehensive playlist features table.

See changelog for a full list: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

Reply #99
I've been using this plugin for several months now and really like the idea behind it! One problem I've found is that the GUI slows down considerably. Scrolling is jerky and laggy; clicking (right or left) lags by several milliseconds. When I first installed it was slightly slower than the main Foobar UI (I'm using Default), but now it is much slower than when I started using it.

Any way I can fix this?