Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why white noise with opus sounds like is Synthetized withsbr? Does it bother you (Read 3680 times) previous topic - next topic

Why white noise with opus sounds like is Synthetized withsbr? Does it bother you

JM valin will say it's the same with every other codec and that Opus use band folding.

Re: Why white noise with opus sounds like is Synthetized withsbr? Does it bother you

Reply #1
I don't understand the question.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Re: Why white noise with opus sounds like is Synthetized withsbr? Does it bother you

Reply #2
SBR and white noise are completely different things. Opus does have a variation of SBR and PNS, so I guess that's what you're hearing? You should only be able to hear band folding at extremely low bitrates, though, since it's less aggressive than SBR.

Reply #3
I don't understand the question.
Do you have some sample where you can ABX it? At which quality setting? Is it a problem sample, that is, you can ABX it at higher quality setting than the average music/speech/etc.?
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed