Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wavpack speaker selection (Read 3064 times) previous topic - next topic

Wavpack speaker selection

ello again,
ive just converted a song (blink 182 - Feeling This) from a wavpack image (embedded quesheet) to an mp3 file (3.97 beta 2) using foobar 2000 (--alt-preset extreme - %d).

The beginning few seconds of the song have a guitar solo, when i play the wavpack version in foobar, the solo plays thru both speakers, but when i play the mp3 version (preset extreme) in foobar, it swoops from the left to the right speaker..

when i convert the wavpack file to a mp3 file (standard preset) the solo doesnt swoop either, so it seems the 'extreme' preset is causing the swoop...

therefore am i using the correct lame 3.97 beta 2 preset for foobar: --alt-preset extreme - %d              ??
i cant get the -v2 thing to work!

obviously the standard and extreme preset mp3 files should sound the same, so am i missing a setting in foobar?

Cheers
Matt

Reply #1
therefore am i using the correct lame 3.97 beta 2 preset for foobar: --alt-preset extreme - %d              ??
i cant get the -v2 thing to work!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=361521"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Make sure you are using -V2 and not -v2. You could also try using --vbr-new as well to see if it makes a difference in the sweeping sound.

Reply #2
THANK YOU! that worked, looks like i cant copy and paste correctly!

cheers
Matt