Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How-to Pan sound with Audition/Sound Forge? (Read 3853 times) previous topic - next topic

How-to Pan sound with Audition/Sound Forge?

Hello there,

perhabs somebody could help me with this DVD-project:
I have captured a VHS to my PC, the source was recorded in two-channel mode, i.e. at first I had one .wav-file, left channel 1st language, right channel 2nd language.
I made two files from that, so now I have two stereo files with each containing one language. You can imagine that they sound mono, played back like this.

My question: how do I go about panning the sound, so I get the "real" stereo-'feeling'?
I know a bit about both of the above-mentioned programmes, so tips on either would do. 

How-to Pan sound with Audition/Sound Forge?

Reply #1
My question: how do I go about panning the sound, so I get the "real" stereo-'feeling'?
I know a bit about both of the above-mentioned programmes, so tips on either would do. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=327487"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

U can´t REALLY pan the sound in actual terms, since the information is the same for both channels. But u can do this: use the Channel Mixer feature form audition to create a wider stereo field. Play with the setings until u can find something that sounds good to u.

Regards.
"Screw u guys, I´m going home."