Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Retractable Panels (Read 3027 times) previous topic - next topic

Retractable Panels

Hey
Can anyone help me make retractable panels in foobar 2000?

What I want is the panel to pop in when i click a button

Re: Retractable Panels

Reply #1
Popup Panels - separate window.
Panel Stack Splitter - hiding/showing/resizing within the same window.

Reply #2
So I should put a Panel Stack Splitter inside a Popup panel?

Reply #3
No (although you can), these are separate options. Start with popup panels.

Reply #4
I'm already using Panel Stack Splitter

Is there a function to resize the panels on button click or should I stick with showpanel?

Reply #5
It depends on what you're trying to do but:
$movepanel in connection with $init_ps_global, $showpanel_c,  Setglobal: and some conditions. Windowsize: width:height - for resizing. $isvisible_c(caption) for checking the status.

I'm using something like this (just an example, may not be the simplest or the best way  O:) ):
$init_ps_global(VISIBLE,2)

SETGLOBAL:VISIBLE:$ifgreater(%VISIBLE%,2,$if($isvisible_c(Bottomrow),2,1),3) - command part of a button script, this one is for two buttons, three panels. May be simpler like that: $ifequal(%VISIBLE%,1,2,1) but with appropriate numbers

$ifequal(%VISIBLE%,3,
$movepanel_c(Playlist,1,66,$sub(%_width%,2),$sub(%_height%,75)),
$movepanel_c(Playlist,1,66,$sub(%_width%,2),$sub(%_height%,226)))

$ifequal(%VISIBLE%,2,
$showpanel_c(Bottomrow,1),
$showpanel_c(Bottomrow,0))

$ifequal(%VISIBLE%,1,
$showpanel_c(EsPlaylist_row,1),
$showpanel_c(EsPlaylist_row,0))

Reply #6
This might be of some help. It's essentially what michtar is explaining using $init_ps_global and $showpanel.

Reply #7
I actually learned to use PSS from that tutorial. But it just gives instructions for switching between panels. What i wanted to do was have a panel slide in from the side no matter which panel i was viewing. I guess I didnt think of isvisible cos the panel kept blocking the others.

Thanks michtar and jazzthieve. You've been a big help.

BTW..Is there anyway i could get the panel to show when i hover over an area with my mouse?

Reply #8
BTW..Is there anyway i could get the panel to show when i hover over an area with my mouse?
- For Columns UI  there are some in options in layout - item details -  hidden, auto hide, toggle area etc. I don't use it so you'd have to check it yourself how it works,
- No hover for Panel Stack Splitter AFAIK, you can use hidden-background colour/visible on mouse on button or you might try some conditional showing/hiding panels, based on isplaying, time elapsed or whatever.
- WSH panel mod

Reply #9
I suggest using foo_uie_mega_panel_splitter , combined with wsh_panel_mod scripting to show hide windows on request (button,hover etc).
foo_uie_mega_panel_splitter allows you to move/show/hide your panels anywhere and with any size inside the mega_panel_splitter.

You will need to be familiar with jscript/wsh panel mod scripting.
Also foo_uie_mega_panel_splitter has no documentation.

Here you can download a sample layout if you feel like giving it a try.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2ugqhkfq904gyx/megahover.rar?dl=0

Video Preview

Create a portable installation and extract the contents of megahover.rar to that directory.

Edit: typo