Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Analog VU Meters (Read 78909 times) previous topic - next topic

Analog VU Meters

Reply #50
The VU meter runs fine on a desktop. The problem is in this computer.Sorry for wasting your time

Bob

Analog VU Meters

Reply #53
nope

Analog VU Meters

Reply #54
Has anybody got the VU Meter to show visually on foobar2000 under linux using wineHQ?

I got the VU Meter installed but does not show visually on
the foobar GUI.

Just need confirmation

Thanks

tr

Analog VU Meters

Reply #55
just a wild stab in the dark but have you installed gdiplus through winetricks?

Analog VU Meters

Reply #56
I would really like to try using this VU meter.  however I cannot even figure out where the files are?

I looked on Foobar.org in the components section but I do not see a VU meter.  I looked at some of the links in this thread but I cant seem to find the VUmeter.dll or something like that?

I am not a computer programmer but I can follow some simple instructions if anyone can walk me through the steps.  Thanks!

Analog VU Meters

Reply #57
i am trying to find where I can download this file?

foo_vis_vumeter.dll

Analog VU Meters

Reply #59
awesome thanks!

Analog VU Meters

Reply #60
so sweet it works, I would like to try those other skins out... can you give me a tip on how to load them or change it. I like the one posted by ONV.

I downloaded his Bin file and put it into the ICONs folder.  I am trying to figure out how you select it within foobar or edit the files to point to it.

Analog VU Meters

Reply #63
just a wild stab in the dark but have you installed gdiplus through winetricks?

Thanks marc2003,

I don't have gdiplus installed. Where exactly do I download and install gdiplus in
wineHQ. I am using wine 1.7.4?

Analog VU Meters

Reply #65
http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

then the name of the package you want to install is gdiplus.

Thanks marc2003,

I installed the gdiplus through wine tricks however I still don't get vu meter gui to show up. Here is a screen shot below.

Do you have any other suggestion as to what I need to install through winetricks besides gdiplus?

Thanks again

Analog VU Meters

Reply #66
nope, no idea.

Analog VU Meters

Reply #67
I have made spunittest1.bin and spunittest2.bin and placed them in foo_vis_vumeter. in foobar, "spunittest.bin" shows up. When I then click spunittest I get this message:

How am I to do to display one Left meter and one Right meter beside each other?

Re: Analog VU Meters

Reply #70
I really like this plugin and the various analog VU meters!
I would like to use them as well when streaming via foo_out_upnp to a media renderer. However, here the VU meter does not show the signal (same with Milkdrop).
Does anyone have an idea how to activate the VU meters even for upnp?

Reply #71
Does anyone know where I can find the application to make my own meter (VUEditorGUI.exe)?

Reply #73
hi I've just tryed this on a win10 machine & the vu's don't move

Reply #74
Check this setting:
Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> VU Meter -> Left/Right preamp