Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is HA having connection problems? (Read 3865 times) previous topic - next topic

Is HA having connection problems?

Frequently, when loading any page from the domain, my browser hangs on an empty loading page before eventually returning a timeout error. I have to reload a few times and/or wait until the page becomes available and can be loaded. I had to do it before posting this, for instance.

I can’t think of anything out of the ordinary about my setup that would make this an isolated occurrence. But then again, no one else has mentioned anything like this. So, has anyone else experienced the same or a similar issue?

If it is indeed not just me, could an administrator comment on what’s happening?

Reply #1
Anyone? I’m still getting this.

Is it just my connection? Or just me overall? You can tell me.

Reply #2
I have no problems whatsoever with HA.

Try using DNS server with IP 8.8.8.8 (google's DNS) and see how it goes with that... if it won't resolve your issue, try deleting your internet browser cache and/or history... If that won't help, try with a different internet browser.
lame -V 0

Reply #3
I’ve observed this on two different systems, each running a different browser, both having had their caches and all other data cleared countless times.

Next you’ll be asking me if I’ve tried turning it off and on again.

I find it hard to believe that the cause is something weird on my end of the connection, since I haven’t had recurrent timeouts like this with any other site.

Reply #4
Just another data point. no problems here. maybe pebkac 
If the isolated problems last long enough, maybe a visual ping/trace, such as ping plotter might help.  PingPlotter
When I think an issue might be on my end this has helped:

Network Tools

It's just me

Reply #5
Well, it still happens for me. No one else? Really?

maybe a visual ping/trace, such as ping plotter might help.  PingPlotter

Thanks, this is worth a try later.

downforeveryoneorjustme said it was just me, so clearly we must go deeper!