Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Id3 tags and EAC "copy image and create cue sheet" (Read 2176 times) previous topic - next topic

Id3 tags and EAC "copy image and create cue sheet"

This is the problem: I am in the process of archiving my whole collection of classical music in mp3/mpc format. I would like to use the "copy image and create cue sheet - compressed" option in EAC.

However, I ahave not yet managed to:

(i) have the mp3 named automatically from the album name (as read from cddb by EAC);

(ii) have id3 tags automatically addedd to the big compressed mp3/mpc file.

Any solution? (I find annoying to add id3 to the already compressed file, using a different software!)

Thanks!

Jeova69
Jeova69

I've never met anyone who tried a joint but
didn't inhale.
(H. Marks)

Id3 tags and EAC "copy image and create cue sheet"

Reply #1
If you're planning to use MPC, you don't have to create one mammoth image file per album in the first place - since the format is gapless, you can store the tracks in separate files while still being able to playback the album seamlessly. That would save you all the additional work.

But I'm afraid there is no real solution to your problem, at least not as far as I know. EAC can't be configured to use a specified naming scheme for image files, or to add tags to it.