Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tagging Script (Read 4246 times) previous topic - next topic

Tagging Script

I don't think this can be accomplished in quick tagger, and I can't figure out how to do it in masstagger, which doesn't have a topic anymore on this forum, so I'm posting this here. I want a tagging script (I assume the only component capable of doing this is masstagger) that takes all the text from the title field following "feat.", "featuring", "ft.", etc. and moves it to the comment field. Any ideas?

Tagging Script

Reply #1
COMMENT = [font= "Lucida Console"]$replace($right(%title%,$sub($len(%title%),$strstr(%title%, feat.))),feat.,)[/font]

Tagging Script

Reply #2
Personally I would not use masstagger but "Automatically Fill Values...": select the files, go to Properties, Tools, "Automatically Fill Values..." and set Source to "Other..." with %title% and in the Pattern box enter %title% feat. %comment%, click OK and do same thing for featuring and ft.

Tagging Script

Reply #3
Thanks for your reply novembre and 2E7AH, I might be doing it wrong, but I tried both the methods suggested and neither worked...

Tagging Script

Reply #4
I might try to adjust for the set of ( that were not in your original post.

terry

Edit: 'I' should read you.

Tagging Script

Reply #5
use tpijag reply for my suggestion, and this for novembre's nice idea:

source title in my case is: Seeräuber-Jenny (feat. H.R. Giger)

notice the brackets in either case

Tagging Script

Reply #6
Thanks! That worked  . Is there a way to 1. add "feat." before the moved values in comments? And 2. Automate this process, so I can create a button/link in my config (like with masstagger scripts)?

Tagging Script

Reply #7
1. add "feat." before the moved values in comments?

Here are examples for: [font= "Lucida Console"]some title (Feat. something)[/font]

- source in "Automatically..."

source: [font= "Lucida Console"]%title%[/font]
pattern: [font= "Lucida Console"]%title% (%comment%)[/font]

- masstagger:

[font= "Lucida Console"]$replace($right(%title%,$sub($len(%title%),$strstr(%title%,'(Feat.'))),')',)[/font]
or
[font= "Lucida Console"]$substr(%title%,$add($strstr(%title%,'(Feat.'),1),$sub($strstr(%title%,')'),1))[/font]

And 2. Automate this process, so I can create a button/link in my config (like with masstagger scripts)?

only for masstagger, but the actions are remembered in drop-down menu for "Atomatically..."

Tagging Script

Reply #8
Thanks for your help 2E7AH, I've been using the automatically fill values method, it's a bit tedious, but since the format is always different in the songs (feat., FT., ft., featuring, etc.) it seems to work the best. There isn't a keyboard shortcut to get into the automatically fill values window?

Tagging Script

Reply #9
"Guess values from other fields" from Masstagger has same behavior as "Automatically fill values", so you can use that for shortcut

Tagging Script

Reply #10
2E7AH, even better, thanks again!

I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll do it here. I was wondering if there was a way to make a proper case tagging script for masstagger not make letters following "." or "-" lowercase... here's what my script looks like right now --

Format "TITLE" using "$caps(%title%)"
Format "TITLE" using "$replace(%title%,A ,a ,An ,an ,The ,the ,Em ,'em ,em ,'em ,Vs. ,vs. ,Vs ,vs. ,vs ,vs. )"
Format "TITLE" using "$replace(%title%,At ,at ,By ,by ,In ,in ,Of ,of ,On ,on ,Til ,til ,To ,to )"
Format "TITLE" using "$replace(%title%,And ,and ,As ,as ,But ,but ,For ,for ,If ,if ,Or ,or )"
Format "TITLE" using "$upper($left(%title%, 1))$substr(%title%, 2, $len(%title%))"

I got it off the forums here.