Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: All2lame (Read 10130 times) previous topic - next topic

All2lame

New version of wav2lame, now called all2lame:

What's new:
* Option to encode and tag in one step. Case's neat console tagger Tag.exe and Tag.cfg need to be in the same directory as the frontend (or in the path). Get Tag here: http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/

* Support for encoding (transcoding) from other compressed formats to lame. The following formats are supported if the appropriate decoder is in the same directory as ALL2LAME or in the path: Ogg Vorbis (oggdec.exe), AAC/MP4 (faad.exe), MusePack (mppdec.exe), Monkey's Audio (mac.exe from Frank Klemm: http://www.uni-jena.de/~pfk/MPP/#ape ), FLAC (flac.exe), LPAC (lpac.exe and lpaccodec.dll), WavPack (wvunpack.exe), Shorten (shorten.exe and maybe cygwin.dll), OptimFrog (optimfrog.exe). 

* Name changed from WAV2LAME to ALL2LAME. If you are upgrading you can delete all W2L.* files (W2L.exe, W2L.ini, W2L.bat and W2L read.me).

* New win2dos version, thanks to Case.

ALL2LAME website: http://home.wanadoo.nl/~w.speek/all2lame.htm

All2lame

Reply #1
Wow!
Great idea Speek.
Now I can decode ape, wv, flac & mpc files to mp3 using
the new version of your good Wav2Lame(now All2Lame).
Great Thanks.
Nice job.

LIF
"Jazz washes away the dust of everyday life" (Art Blakey)

All2lame

Reply #2
Looks good and works great, but I'd suggest adding also option for copying tags from source file. It could be useful for some people.

All2lame

Reply #3
Case's idea is a great one. I do however want to notify you of a small bug (well not a bug, but more like an apperence glitch) and a audio bug. I'm using WindowsXP and with the default theme the options at the bottom of each window are too close to the edge of the window... like i say, not a bug but a cosmetic glitch.

The audio bug that happens to me is that when transcoding from mpc to mp3 it seems to have a click at the end of every file encoded... Im using lame v3.90.2 and mppdec 1.1. can anyone else comfirm this? Is it due to being sent to stdout then encoded through stdin?

Thanks
Simon

All2lame

Reply #4
Case's idea is a great one. I do however want to notify you of a small bug (well not a bug, but more like an apperence glitch) and a audio bug. I'm using WindowsXP and with the default theme the options at the bottom of each window are too close to the edge of the window... like i say, not a bug but a cosmetic glitch.

The audio bug that happens to me is that when transcoding from mpc to mp3 it seems to have a click at the end of every file encoded... Im using lame v3.90.2 and mppdec 1.1. can anyone else comfirm this? Is it due to being sent to stdout then encoded through stdin?

You're right about the audio bug. It must be something with the stdout of mppdec because this doesn't happen with other formats. Hope Frank Klemm can fix this.
I'll look into the cosmetic glitch and the copying of tags. Could you mail me a screenshot of it, because I don't use XP, so I don't know how much wider I should make the edge (speek at myrealbox.com). Thanks.

All2lame

Reply #5

Known bug, it was reported by Seed when MPxchange was released. It is fixed in Mppdec 1.93c14 which is the recommended version.

All2lame

Reply #6
Thanks Speek and Case!

All2lame

Reply #7
Known bug, it was reported by Seed when MPxchange was released. It is fixed in Mppdec 1.93c14 which is the recommended version.

I used mppdec 1.93c14, but there still is a click at the end of every file (piping the output into lame).

All2lame

Reply #8
I used mppdec 1.93c14, but there still is a click at the end of every file (piping the output into lame).

Which Windows version do you have? Also, try this mppdec build.

All2lame

Reply #9
Which Windows version do you have? Also, try this mppdec build.

I use Windows 2000, but this new mppdec fixes the problem!

All2lame

Reply #10
I've posted a new version (1.7.1) that can copy tags from the source files. It uses "tag.exe --fromfile" to do this. Also the edge is a litlle wider at the bottom, but I don't know if it's enough.

All2lame

Reply #11
I've posted a new version (1.7.1) that can copy tags from the source files.

Nice

About the mppdec bug, it's caused by Windows libraries returning incorrect information about file positions & seeking with pipes. Apparently only Windows XP has the bug fixed. The version I linked now doesn't check these things, it assumes that pipes are non-seekable and doesn't try to write header.

Edit: So those who still have the pop bug with mppdec 1.93c14 can use this decoder. This will work otherwise perfectly, but if you decode to wavs using pipes (mppdec file.mpc - > file.wav) the files will have incorrect length in headers.

All2lame

Reply #12
The "official" MAC v3.97 seems to be incompatible with All2Lame.
(decoding from ape works, creates the uncompressed, but after
that Lame is not able to "see" the source file...I guess).

Tnx.

LIF
"Jazz washes away the dust of everyday life" (Art Blakey)

All2lame

Reply #13
The "official" MAC v3.97 seems to be incompatible with All2Lame.
(decoding from ape works, creates the uncompressed, but after
that Lame is not able to "see" the source file...I guess).

Tnx.

LIF

Yes, I know. stdin/out of official mac.exe are corrupted. Frank Klemm fixed this in mac 3.96, but unfortunately the fix was not used in official mac 3.97. I hope it will be OK in upcoming 3.98. Untill then you can use the mac.exe from Frank Klemm: http://www.uni-jena.de/~pfk/MPP/bin/APE_3....ary_Windows.zip

All2lame

Reply #14
Wim, could you also add a button to set Lame.exe in idle priority, like you did in wav2lame for me?

[edit]
Thanks Wim  (he already emailed me the programme).

All2lame

Reply #15
Using mppdec 1.93c14 fixed my problem with the clicks... Thanks Case...

Speek: I've sent you a screenshot of all2lame in XP with 1.7.1. It hasnt helped much but like i say its not that annoying anyway. Oh and the copying of Tags is excellent mate! Thanks!

All2lame

Reply #16
Hi there,

I use ALL2LAME and it's great !!! I use it with LAME 3.97b1 with some command lines. I have problems with the following command line which I use it in EAC:

Code: [Select]
-V 2 --vbr-new --noreplaygain  --ignore-tag-errors --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" --tg "%m" %s %d

I think the problem is %s %d 'cause when I deleted it, I could encode just fine.

Does anybody know how to correct my command line to use it with ALL2LAME ?
Should I use %s %d ?

Thank you.
Greetings
Sonny Burnett.

All2lame

Reply #17
%s %d commands apply to EAC only.
I also doubt that "--ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" --tg "%m" are useful with an programm like all2lame.

All2lame

Reply #18
%s %d commands apply to EAC only.
I also doubt that "--ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" --tg "%m" are useful with an programm like all2lame.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339671"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for your reply guru, I'll use this command line so:

Code: [Select]
-V 2 --vbr-new --noreplaygain

Thanks again.
Greetings
Sonny Burnett.