Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What's Monkee Limiter... (Read 7938 times) previous topic - next topic

What's Monkee Limiter...

...and in what is it different than 'Soft clipping limiter' (Soft clipping limiter is 6dB hard limiter, right)

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']edit: ghrrr..... doesn't seem I can edit the title. Should be 'Monkee limiter'.[/span]
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']edit2: I see somebody edited the topic. Thanks Somebody .[/span]
--
pozdr.
yq

What's Monkee Limiter...

Reply #1
monkee limiter reads ahead while the soft limiter does not, afaik. monkee limiter is hence better but adds more dsp latency.

What's Monkee Limiter...

Reply #2
as far as i know, soft limiter is active all the time, but monkee's limiter is more intelligent and onlys does its stuff when it actually needs to.

What's Monkee Limiter...

Reply #3
yes omg t3h horrifying 5ms delay!!! OMG DE4TH!  (w00t)
I could make that less after some modification but there's some other stuff to do first.
anyway, it's a more efficient limiter, it doesn't clip like the soft clipping limiter and it's transparent 'til it clips.
no, there is no always-present limiter in foobar - you choose which you want.
have a look here.

a lil hint, it's always advice to browse old threads before making new threads.

btw. "monee limiter" is that nasty thing called tax

What's Monkee Limiter...

Reply #4
It takes some more CPU time compared to soft clipping limiter... (still 0% for me but it's a bigger 0)   

And those 5ms are so HUUUGE compared to my 300 ms KS latency... (w00t)
(lets imagine 5ms compared to 1000 ms for those with DS output :'( )

Seriously, this is great work and that's why I'm always using it (that's the only dsp I have activated on my PC ;-)
I don't have clipping musics... but this could happen and this'll proctect me from these without being always in "active" mode... B)

Just a question : Why did you name it Monkee limiter ???
A Dwarf has its own way to fight !

What's Monkee Limiter...

Reply #5
a lil hint, it's always advice to browse old threads before making new threads.

oops... I know, just didn't find it. sorry

And it is hard coded and always turned on 
--
pozdr.
yq

What's Monkee Limiter...

Reply #6

And it is hard coded and always turned on 

Unless you use some dirty hacks to bypass it. 

What's Monkee Limiter...

Reply #7
or you're Willy Nelson
Please press ALT-F4 to improve your view